Pregnancy New Year Checkin ;)

Jen -I'm from the north but I've always heard of fireworks on new years. I thought I'd seen them near DC when I lived there too? maybe that was the 4th of July though. well anyway. I know we did in North Carolina. I lived in Alaska for like 10 years but I can't remember if they did that there or not. I'd think there would be too much snow ha! and I probably remembered it from when we lived in Oklahoma. well interesting to know its mostly a southern thing.
With the names. It is HARD. sometimes it doesn't stick till you see the baby. I hear that often. then you just know what the right name is. maybe have your favorite handful and when shes born you'll look at her and go "shes a Marlo!" lol. My mom did that with my brother Jared.
We are still getting no where with names. Hoping our maybe name will stick still. (crossing fingers)

Tana -I like the name Audrey. cute ;) so you may actually go with Emily? its cute too. I like the nickname Emmy. I like Bryn and Sophia too.

MD Becky - I hope that your BP stays calm and everything goes smoothly till baby is ready to come. Wow your so close we wont see you much longer! ha. I guess you can jump back in full force with weights later. ;)

Laura -

i am going to do the disposable thing. It will be easier and more convenient and less messy for me. I do not have the option of staying at home with the baby so i have to work. Im a full time deputy and i think it will just be easier (but more pricey) to use throw away diapers.
That is so great you are getting all those baby items. You will save soooo much money!

About me sweating, i am in excellent shape as well. I have been working out forever and ever. Im a pale person and my whole dads side will sweat and it shows. I've always read the more you sweat, the better shape you are in but i do not know how true it is. On the Cathe Road Trip everyone could not beleive i was three months pregnant. Oops, i hope i am not tooting my own horn. Haha. So i thin it may just have to do with individual bodies too.

As for working out while pregnant i am stil doing the same workouts with pretty much the same intensity i did pre preggers. My only stopping point is sometimes my heart rate speeds up too much and i have to tone it down and also i am getting bad arch pains which make me stop and walk it out for a while. Its so annoying. My body and heart want to keep going, but my feet are screaming STOP :( I wonder if my feet grew...

Anyway, that is great you are in awesome shape. and that is why you are not showing. th ebetter shape we are in the longer it takes to show - or so i have read anyway. I am by no means an expert as this is my first baby. And i wouldnt say i was a toothpick. The scale definately says otherwise. I hate stepping on that thing, its sooo depressing.

Jess - we must have posted at the same time ecuase i now read your messages. Maybe it is a southern thing. i dont remember fireworks in the dc area on new years but who knows. im not very festive when it comes to new years.
Isnt it funny both tana and i mentioned audrey on the sae day for a name? I am trying to think of older names i thought of months ago before i knew the sex. I know we had Teagan, Reagan, Rowan, Audrey and Ava on that list. I cant remember any more off the top of my head right now.

sorry my post is all over the place, i keep getting interupted

Jen - I get arch pain sometimes too.. I thought maybe it was my shoes? that was happening before baby came along too. so I dunno.
About diapers. I'd guess if you have to work outside the home you'd have to use disposables. Unless you had family watching the baby who would do it. Daycares I think will not use cloth. ?
I saw one cloth that looked kinda cool at target but it was pink so I wasn't going to try it. It was a bumgenius cover. You just insert a cloth foldable I guess for aborbancy. It was supposed to last the whole time as it is adjustable in size. I'm still tossing around trying it out to see what I think. I really liked 7th gen diapers though.

I was wondering about feet growing/spreading while pregnant too. My supercomfy shoes suddenly started feeling like they had a bump under my arches. Not very comfy anymore. They also are starting to feel tight on the sides of my feet. I try to loosen the laces, but then they feel too loose around the ankle. Hope they go back to normal after the baby is born.

I haven't heard of fireworks for New Year's Eve either. Too cold here probably. Our paper did have a big frontpage story on not shooting (guns) at New Year's. I think they print that article every year. I think it's sad that it's even a problem.

I worked with a girl who had called her unborn daughter 'Katie'. She had it all set, but then once they saw the baby they decided she looked like a Hannah because she had blonde hair. LOL

Laura, that's awesome that your sister is giving you her baby stuff!

Off to play with DS. I think we're going to play Cars. Hopefully I'll get to be Lightning McQueen. = )

I think the extra weight makes your feet spread a bit while preggo but they do go back to normal after baby. I haven't noticed it yet but probably will later on.

I also think with names I just find one I LOVE and after you call the baby that it becomes their name. I couldn't imagine my boys with any other name ha.

Laura -ya know I think your belly has to do with your body shape or something also. I remember with both my previous pregnancies being about as big as I am now. I start getting a small belly in 5 mo. I start looking seriously preggo in the 6th month. my belly button always "pops" around 6 1/2 months. Its starting to flatten now. My belly is pretty tight. I don't think I could squeeze all that into my tummy and make it flat if I wanted to. as it is I'm getting acid reflux daily. I can't suck it in for anything. Its all baby pooch. So you probably got a combo of 1st pregnancy, in shape and your body type I'd guess. But I wouldn't worry.. if the drs are not worried then there is nothing wrong. With all the ultrasounds you get the baby must be doing great. ;)

I'm already getting comments about how big I am. argh! but I think with my size/shape there is no where to hide it. I'm still thin from behind and front but when I turn sideways there is that belly. lol. I could fit in my pre-preg clothes if it wasn't for my belly in front.

In a way it seems the pregnancy is going fast. in another I think I have like 4 months left and that seems like a long time to be huge. lol!

Oh BTW I wanted to tell you all that Target has alot of cute baby stuff on clearance from dwell studio brand. I LOVE the girl sets. I was set on that modern bedding set if it was a girl. oh well. ha. But I got a few sleepers and a sock hat for pretty cheap today.

I'll have to check out Target soon. Am trying to lure my couch potato son out of the house today. Okay, so he's not really a couch potato, but he's gotten used to having Noggin on (which he does jump and dance too on the positive side). It was so cold & windy for a while there really wasn't much to do outside. We used to hardly ever watch tv. Sigh. I guess I have control of that, eh? LOL

I'm starting to get the shopping bug for the baby. We really don't need much since we still have DS's things. I do need to get a basinett (sp?) and maybe a different babysling. DS didn't like it when he was a baby, but maybe she will. DS also didn't like his swing. I think it freaked him out.

Off to run a Nascar race with DS....

Tana

Tana- mine didn't like swings either. but my SIL is giving me hers so I'll try it out with this one. Its different than the ones I had so maybe it'll work out. I got a hotsling at target. they were also on clearance for about $12 cheaper. I just got plain brown. I wear brown alot so it'll blend in with my wardrobe lol. I'm planning on getting a beco baby carrier. they are pricey but I've been researching different kinds and I think I want that one.

I'm basically starting all over with baby gear. I got rid of everything after my last son a LOOONG time ago. lol. we thought we were done. But.. its ok cause by now the stuff would have been through about 4 moves and be all beat up from storage in the garage. ick. I wish I saved more clothes though. I only found a handful of clothing items but they are all different sizes. only one for a small baby. oh well.

hi ladies
sorry for checking in so late :) im usually pretty bad about it on fridays. its my normal day off.
i went to bed late and slept late for once (yea!). I did two workouts today - bodycombat 28 from les mills and cathe's upper body split from ctx. tomorrow it will be leaner legs and some form of cardio. my foot was achey today working out and it really takes away from the intensity of my workouts. i havent bought bigger shoes just can not afford them! I wonder if my feet will go back to normal post partum...

we saw the second dr today and my husband wants to pick that one, so at least i have a pediatrician all set for babys arrival

still no name for her :( we havent beent hinking much about it the past few days. i have a feeling my hubby isnt going to volunteer any more names and it'll be on me.

after he left for work i had to grocery shop. blech. i spent too much but didnt really buy anything

a coworker gave mea free turkey - from honeybaked ham co. im cooking that now so we can pick at it this weekend and maybe make sandwiches from it. my dh is working and wont have another evening off until monday. i did not want it to go bad so i figured we could have lunch out of it or something....i dont know if its any good or not. but free is a good price!

just sitting around with my dog for the rest of the nite. dont know what my weekend plans are. DH Is working so nothing too exciting.

see u all soon!

Hello Ladies,

Happy New Year to everyone. I was finally able to do Christmas with my boys today. So I guess the tree will come down this weekend. It is kind of sad to me that the holiday season is over. It seemed to go by so quickly. My boys gradmother sent some Jamaican food home with the boys, so hubby and I had curry chicken tonight. That was a nice present. (I love Jamaican food).

I am another one that doesn't have any baby stuff yet. Just this week, we brought our first baby outfit. I'm thinking that I should start shopping seeing that we are 8-9 weeks out.

As far as exercising..... still nothing on this end. I did order David Kirsch's 7-Day Prescription total wellness program. I am going to watch the DVD's over the weekend and see what I can do with these. I've read some good reviews about this program, so I wanted to give it a try. I figure if anything, I could do the Power Body workout, it is Yoga and Pilates and maybe the shoulders and arms workout. We'll see.

Well... that's all from this end.
Have a good night.

Hello ladies, i hpe you are all having a nice saturday :)
i woke up around 730 and got up when my dh got home. i ended up going back to bed when he did tho and accidentally slept in until 1030! oops.
I woke up and did Imax 2 (with foot pain again :() followed by leaner legs. I havent done that one in a long time. my legs are a littl sore now!

DH is working tnite so it'll be another quiet evening at home. its already 230 , the days off go by so quickly

skyy, im glad you were able to have a nice xmas and get some jamaican food. i took down all the holiday stuff right after xmas. some people still have their decorations up

tomorrow is my bday - i turn 29! pushing 30. I dont feel old at least haha. it'll be just another day . DH Is working so i will be alone. Well, i have my dog anyway, so not completely alone. I guess i'm sort of used to that though..

i hope you all hav a great saturday!

Happy Birthday, Jen!!!! Have you gotten a gift from your DH yet? If so, what did you get? Just think, on your next bday you'll start getting gifts from your DD. I love homemade cards, pictures, etc. With my DS, I've discovered my hidden love for crafts. If he were only as enthusiastic about glue and construction paper....LOL
Hey, how'd your turkey turn out?

Hello Skyy! Yum! Jamaican food would be a great present! I haven't been working out much on this end either. DH is starting to work out again and has told me his scheduled days 'off' so I can exercise those days and the weekend. He'll workout on my 'off' days and that way someone is available for DS during those mornings. Ugh...that means I'll actually have to be consistent. I think I 'start' tomorrow. = )

I did Amy Bento's Kickbox Xtreme yesterday which was fun. Then I vacuumed and broke out the attachment to get the stairs and entry by hand. That I'm feeling today.

Eeks...off to help DS.
Tana

Thank you Tana!
It really feels like any other day, except my DH was so cute this morning. He got off at 6am and i heard him come home around 7 because my dog was barking. i knew it was him and was pretty much still asleep but aware he was coming in the house.
anyway i heard him come by the bed and thought i saw a flickering. then i heard him say "HEH HEM" and i opened my eyes and there he was in uniform holding a cake with a candle in it. So i made a wish. Then i looked over and there was a huge gift bag that was blinking. Becuase i was still sleepy i thought it was a police light or fire engine siren light toy attached to the bag lol. It was a butterfly tiara though.
So he gave me abox of chocolates and strawberry whoppers (those are good) and a bouquet of flowers. He also got me a hobo style purse with retro print material ( i LOVE retro). He also gt me nice brown khaki/cargo maternity style pants and a really cute floral, retro looking maternity top to match.
I was not expecting all that and i love when he shops for me and suprises me ecuase i never know what he is going to come up with. He does a great job!

So he went to bed shortly after that and i got up late again, around 10. I did Mindys Kickbutt Bootcamp, sections 1 and 2 to make it an hour long workout. I was dripping. My pelvic area hurts and it hurts to walk haha. I dont think it was the workout becase its not the hardest one i know. Maybe the pregnancy hormones affecting me, who knows.

We had a slice of my cake a little while ago and he's knocked out right now - power nap before he goes in to work tonite. my dad wants to stop by for cake and coffee after he leaves so i guess i have a semi busy evening. I'm doing laundry and made tomorrows chili for dinner so i dont have to do it after work.

So thats my sunday. How is everyone doing today? I think i was the only one who posted saturday. I cant believe its sunday already! goes by too quickly...

Jen -wow what a sweet DH. ;) My dh is not romantic or gifty. I've never gotten anything like that from him. but he is a great guy though. Anyway, happy birthday!! I turned 29 in the summer.

Skyy - I haven't had Jamaican food. I've had chicken curry though but it was Indian. I guess Jamacian would have a different flavor. ?

Tana -I love Amy's kickboxing w/o. fun ;)

I'm kinda in the dumps cause of what I shared via PM. having a long weekend so far.
I hope to workout tonight.. I'm starting to feel like I'm going soft lol. I definetly want to be in the best shape I can (for being preggo) before baby comes so I don't have so far to get back in shape later. someone give me a kick in the pants! lol. I just need to get back on track is all. I guess I'm not gaining alot but I wonder if I've lost much muscle lately? I've gained 2 lbs the last 2 weeks. Which I guess is ok/normal.. but still is weird seeing the scale go up.

jess im sorry you are feeling down i know that must be very hard to deal with. hang in there :) hopefully there is a lot of communciation that will go on though! Hugs. If you ever need to 'chat' feel free to email me or post or PM

my husband is not the romantic type at all. i always accuse him of not caring enough and never being romantic :) But i know he loves me, he just has a different personality than me. So i was suprised and touched by his gifts today. He is too cute.

about working out, why dont u try a little at a time. sometimes i really dont feel like it so i dont do it. other times i dont feel like it but tell myself i'll just do a little and once i get going i want to finish it so i end up completing the entire workout. just work back into it. if you have more free time now that can help. and it will help take your mind off things.

i totally hear you on the weight gain!!! trust me :) you've all read my posts before.

im going on 34 weeks, hard to believe! Still no name...we have the same list of names we are thining of
Ava, Eva, Marlo, Ardra, and Aurdrey but i keep saying i wont choose Ava becase its so popular. I was trying to think of a similar name but everything i find is icky. I'm just really bad at this. My DH likes Siobhan but i dont. So...still no name. I also think Elle is very pretty but Elle Mae is very blech.

Anyhoo, gotta make my DH his sandiwch for work, catch ya ladies later!

Jen--- Happy Birthday!!
That was really nice what your husband did. He did good. I was reading it and I don't know if it is all these hormones or what, but I got misty eyed. I love to hear/read things like that. It sounded like you had a nice day. That's good.

Tana----It is really nice when your DH plans to workout with you. When I was running long runs on the weekends, my DH would run with me. It was a slow run so we were able to talk about things on our runs. It was nice. I still haven't started working out yet. Maybe tommorrow. ;)

Jess----Indian food is my next favorite food!! I guess I like anything with curry in it. Jamaican curry is a little different... it seems more spicy to me.

Well.... I spent the day running around with my dogs and carpooling my boys and their friends to the mall. I went and looked for baby cribs at what I thought was a 2nd hand store, but the cribs were way to pricey!! Now I am winding down.

"talk" with you next week.

Skyy - I kwym. The consignment shop near me only has pricey cribs. they seem to be charging new prices for used stuff also? not just cribs but the toys/clothes etc. sheesh. I only buy used to get a deal ya know. ha. I got an "inexpensive" crib from cribs.com. I got the graco lauren in espresso color. everyone that sees it likes it. I found a coupon code to use and they had free s/h.
I'm curious to try Jamaican food now ;)

Jen -well your story of DH was nice. When I hear things like that I'm like why doesn't my DH do that? ha. but that was sweet of him but its sorta nice to know hes not ALWAYS mr perfect. lol. j/k. I hope you had a good birthday ;)

Well I just did turbo jam tonight to get me going again. Will do weights tomorrow. sometimes I just gotta get started up again and thats half the battle. lol. I feel pretty good right now. All showered and in my pjs ;) may do my nails tonight before I go to bed. If I can reach my toes without passing out from lack of air. ha. well its not THAT bad yet but I do have issues putting socks on etc already. I think I just carry my babies all out front.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.