Pregnancy check in Week of August 8th

StaceyDeLapp

Cathlete
I feel so bad, after looking over the pregnancy check in from last week, there are so many posts that I would have liked to respond to, but I was so busy last week that I just didn't have time. My business partner was on vacation so I was running the business by myself. It was very stressful as we have picked up this new HUGE client, but trying to reach them, and getting all the bugs worked out has been very frustrating, and at this point in my pregnancy, exhausting!

Jacque - it's always so nice to hear from you. I can't believe your boys go back to school so soon! My son starts on the 2nd of September, which is quite early for Washington state. I can't believe how fast the summer has gone. I feel so bad that I haven't done a lot of fun stuff with my kids. My energy level just isn't what it used to be and with the stress/depression with the pregnancy, I'm afraid I haven't been much fun to be around. I have made a pact with myself to make it much better for these last few weeks. We are going to Seaside OR a few days this week. And then I just plan on taking them to the park, or other local stuff around here. It's great that both of your kids are in school full-time so you will be able to nap as you need to. Your shopping-spree sounds like so much fun. I love to shop, and to especially buy baby clothes for a little girl. I love Gymboree, and Baby Gap. Both are online and so much fun! My daughter has quite a wardrobe. I'm lucky that this baby is a boy because I'd really be in the poor house if we had another girl! (4-years age difference would be a little too much for hand-me-downs unless the outfit was VERY special.) Oh...and I may be a little ahead of you in pregnancy, but with you having a scheduled C-section, you may very well have your new baby before I have mine. :)

Tana - I recognized the name of a few of the towns/cities that you have relatives in. They are in Eastern Washington, so a couple of hours from where I live. It's much more dry there than it is here. Congratulations on the no-peeking. I never had the discipline to do that and this is my third! It will make the delivery SO much more exciting!

Sandra - Congratulations on your new pregnancy! Just listen to your body and you will be fine. I went through a period where I only worked out a couple of times per week, but then I finally changed my attitude about the pregnancy and started to workout a lot more. I find I feel so much better about myself when I workout. And I know that even though the workouts are challenging to me, it will all be worth it in the end when I still feel fairly fit after baby is born. I just hope he'll let me workout once he's here! My goal is to stick with morning workouts, but I had just started that a year ago. Prior to, I would fit it in whenever I could - during my daughter's nap, or later in the evening when my husband was home when she was very little. With my business being so much busier, it's harder to squeeze in as it gets later, so I hope so much that he will be good for me. I know I'm dreaming, but one can hope!

Oh...My workouts. I almost forgot:

Sunday: Off
Monday: Unplanned rest day
Tuesday: All Step & Shoulders
Wednesday: Step Works (section 1 & 2)
Thursday: 10 10 10 Triceps
Friday: Leaner Legs
Saturday: Off (I wanted to workout but had to paint trim in the new playroom and cleaned my closet. I worked on these two things for 10 hours. I was totally wiped out)

I'm hoping to workout today since we're leaving for vacation tomorrow, so I'm thinking if I can get a workout in today and tomorrow a.m., and then still do Thursday, Friday and maybe even Saturday, I'd still have a good week. We'll see if I can manage it though because my workload might be quite heavy when I get back. Plus I still need to clean my house, and pack, go the store, etc. so I may not end up having time to workout today.

Oh, and I lost my plug. My next appt is still over a week away, but I hope I'm making good progress towards an early delivery! :)

Stacey
EDD 09-23

Hi Everyone! Wow, Stacey, you are close. I didn't realize how close you are to having your baby! I just started my 9th week last Thursday, and I have my 1st dr's appt. this Friday. Hopefully, I will have good news to report. Last week was another sluggish week. I was nauseated, and I just couldn't pinpoint what foods were bothering me. It seemed like what worked for me one day didn't the next. I started taking my prenatal vit. at night, and that seems to help.

The only exercise I did last week was one 30 min. workout on the Bowflex (upper body) and three 30 min. brisk walks. I am feeling a little better this week, and I am getting some of my energy back:) I exercised yesterday and today, and I feel good that the rest of the week will go better yet:D

Some of my pants are getting tight around the waist, so I will need to get some bigger ones. I have a lot of maternity shirts/sweaters that my sister and friends have lent me, but I am petite (5' 1"), so their pants don't fit-I will have to buy a few and get them shortened. What maternity stores/brands do you recommend? I have never shopped for maternity clothes before. I have access to Old Navy, Kohl's, JCPenney, Target and Motherhood. Thanks!!!
-Jen
Lynne, I hope that you are pregnant!!!

Hello, everyone!

Stacey, hope you had a fabulous, restful vacation. :)

Hi Jen! Congratulations on your pregnancy! When are you due? I'm pregnant with my first and really haven't done a whole lot of maternity clothes shopping. Old Navy and Gap have cute clothes on their websites. I think I've bought the most from Motherhood Maternity. They're more reasonably priced than I thought they would be (lots to choose from), and their salespeople have been extremely helpful to me.

Here's how my week's workouts went:

Sun Legs & Glutes
Mon 10-10-10 (w/triceps)
Tue PS BBA (-abs)
Wed off
Thu Rhythmic Step (MANY modifications..kicked my rear near the end)
Fri Kathy Smith Step Workout (cardio & cooldown only)
Sat off

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Tana
EDD 10/04/04

>Sandra - Congratulations on your new pregnancy! Just listen
>to your body and you will be fine. I went through a period
>where I only worked out a couple of times per week, but then I
>finally changed my attitude about the pregnancy and started to
>workout a lot more. I find I feel so much better about myself
>when I workout. And I know that even though the workouts are
>challenging to me, it will all be worth it in the end when I
>still feel fairly fit after baby is born. I just hope he'll
>let me workout once he's here! My goal is to stick with
>morning workouts, but I had just started that a year ago.
>Prior to, I would fit it in whenever I could - during my
>daughter's nap, or later in the evening when my husband was
>home when she was very little. With my business being so much
>busier, it's harder to squeeze in as it gets later, so I hope
>so much that he will be good for me. I know I'm dreaming, but
>one can hope!

Thank you Stacey! I hope you are indeed able to reap the rewards of working out during your pregnancy, by recovering quicker. I'm still very early in my pregnancy, but I'm very curious about how it is going to feel when the baby is large, and I can feel significant movement. Does your baby move when you exercise, or does s/he fall asleep? My first daughter used to hiccup a lot, and I would feel it low in my pelvis. I imagine feeling that happen when exercising would be a bit distracting LOL!

>Oh...My workouts. I almost forgot:
>
>Sunday: Off
>Monday: Unplanned rest day
>Tuesday: All Step & Shoulders
>Wednesday: Step Works (section 1 & 2)
>Thursday: 10 10 10 Triceps
>Friday: Leaner Legs
>Saturday: Off (I wanted to workout but had to paint trim in
>the new playroom and cleaned my closet. I worked on these two
>things for 10 hours. I was totally wiped out)

You are an inspiration, Stacey! Keep up the good work, and have a great vacation!

Sandra

Hi Sandra. Thanks so much for your message. I was very sick with a sinus infection my entire vacation, feeling worse instead of better each day. I was on my way home on Thursday and called my ob and felt like kissing her when she called in a scrip of Zithromax for me to pickup at my pharmacy on the way home. Now on Saturday, I am finally starting to feel like myself. I still have massive pressure in my sinuses and am blowing my nose all the time. I am bummed that I haven't been able to workout this week. :-(

The baby definitely falls asleep when I workout. Funny, but my daughter had hiccups all the time when I was pg with her, but this baby has not had hiccups one time! The thing I notice the most in my workouts that makes it difficult is a soreness in my right leg from my knee to my calf. It feels like I'm about to have a charlie-horse, or like I have lactic acid build-up or something. It's kind of difficult to climb the stairs too (same sensation). Other than that, I feel pretty good, but if I need to catch my breath or I know a tough part of Cathe's workout is coming up, I may walk in place for a few seconds to catch my wind before doing an interval or something.

Regarding the post about maternity clothes (Sorry, I don't remember name of poster) I would recommend Old Navy, The Gap online, (on sale) or Motherhood Maternity. I got 2 great pairs of jeans from Motherhood that were only supposed to fit for 6 months, but there is no way that I will outgrow them before baby comes. I get a lot of compliments on them. Highly recommend that type of panel. It is small so you can still wear non-maternity shirts with it and it is very comfortable. I got 1 cute short denim skirt that buttons (and still fits) from The Bon (leased maternity from Maternity mall I think?) and then a long denim skirt with the shorter panel I was talking about earlier from Motherhood. Love it. Especially since you will be pg thru winter, would be very cute with a nonmaternity sweater and a pair of boots. Even a vest unzipped with a ribbed turtle-neck. I didn't use any full-panel maternity pants this pregnancy. Old Navy's pants definitely feel cheaper to me and I still have to pull them up all the time. Very annoying. I have a pair that I love from the Gap that people don't even know are maternity. I only bought a few shirts, opting instead to wear non-maternity as much as possible. The shirts I like best are from The Gap. In fact, I don't think I have maternity shirts from anywhere else. It's nice because they are shorter and hug the belly so you don't look huge and/or like you're wearing a tent. So many cute options these days. Good luck. Oh...I loved my American Eagle low rise jeans that I wore past my 6th month of pregnancy in a size 6. I normally wear a 2. I had 2 4's that fit me until about that time too. You may want to try.

Stacey

>Hi Sandra. Thanks so much for your message. I was very sick
>with a sinus infection my entire vacation, feeling worse
>instead of better each day.

Oh! That's really the pits, Stacey! I hope things have cleared up by now.

>The baby definitely falls asleep when I workout. Funny, but
>my daughter had hiccups all the time when I was pg with her,
>but this baby has not had hiccups one time!

Did you exercise through your first pregnancy?

> The thing I
>notice the most in my workouts that makes it difficult is a
>soreness in my right leg from my knee to my calf. It feels
>like I'm about to have a charlie-horse, or like I have lactic
>acid build-up or something. It's kind of difficult to climb
>the stairs too (same sensation). Other than that, I feel
>pretty good, but if I need to catch my breath or I know a
>tough part of Cathe's workout is coming up, I may walk in
>place for a few seconds to catch my wind before doing an
>interval or something.

The pain is only in your right leg? I wonder if baby is pressing on a nerve in your back that is reducing circulation to your right leg? Just a thought - not that there would be anything you could do about it. I'm very pleased to hear that you are doing interval workouts while pregnant. The general advice is to stop doing them, but I am very reluctant to, because I enjoy them so much. I did IMAX2 this morning, and "modified" by only giving each interval about 75%, instead of full power. This worked really well, because it doesn't take as much effort to get winded these days. I had a splendid workout and feel terrific now. IMAX2 is a lot of fun, and I plan to keep it in my rotations, just taking out more impact, perhaps, or only doing half at a time, as I become further along in the pregnancy.

I look forward to your weekly check in Stacey.

Cheers,
Sandra

>
>Regarding the post about maternity clothes (Sorry, I don't
>remember name of poster) I would recommend Old Navy, The Gap
>online, (on sale) or Motherhood Maternity. I got 2 great
>pairs of jeans from Motherhood that were only supposed to fit
>for 6 months, but there is no way that I will outgrow them
>before baby comes. I get a lot of compliments on them.
>Highly recommend that type of panel. It is small so you can
>still wear non-maternity shirts with it and it is very
>comfortable. I got 1 cute short denim skirt that buttons (and
>still fits) from The Bon (leased maternity from Maternity mall
>I think?) and then a long denim skirt with the shorter panel I
>was talking about earlier from Motherhood. Love it.
>Especially since you will be pg thru winter, would be very
>cute with a nonmaternity sweater and a pair of boots. Even a
>vest unzipped with a ribbed turtle-neck. I didn't use any
>full-panel maternity pants this pregnancy. Old Navy's pants
>definitely feel cheaper to me and I still have to pull them up
>all the time. Very annoying. I have a pair that I love from
>the Gap that people don't even know are maternity. I only
>bought a few shirts, opting instead to wear non-maternity as
>much as possible. The shirts I like best are from The Gap.
>In fact, I don't think I have maternity shirts from anywhere
>else. It's nice because they are shorter and hug the belly so
>you don't look huge and/or like you're wearing a tent. So
>many cute options these days. Good luck. Oh...I loved my
>American Eagle low rise jeans that I wore past my 6th month of
>pregnancy in a size 6. I normally wear a 2. I had 2 4's that
>fit me until about that time too. You may want to try.
>
>Stacey

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.