Pregnancy and New Mommies!!! Sept 28-Oct 4

chatty cathys tonight!

Pricalla-I really like the color/pattern of the carseat combo I have......Haley of course wanted pink everything..but I won this one.

Melanie-our nursery is somewhat plain. I got a new crib and accessories, but thats about it. Since we are putting the house ont he market in the Spring we didnt paint, and I havent done a whole lot. I went all out with Haley's nursery and when we move I will decorate Kara's room. She will be in our room for a couple months anyway. I did get the bassinet all ready for her last night.

Jen-better safe than sorry about the bp!!Be aware of the symptoms, just in case.

tell me about it Melanie. If I see something I like I can decorate..other than that I am useless! I can cook though ;)

Had some brownish stringy dischare a minute ago...might be leftover from my spotting yesterday after my exam

yes, it suunds like you're a great baker. :) I was thiking about getting some foam balls & painting them into lady bugs and stuff..........then suspend them from their ceiling instead of a mobile. my kids were never big on mobiles. LOL

Brown discharge? Hmmmmm sounds like labor girl. You ARE READY, aren't you? If you're not....maybe you can take a bubble bath...get yourself all pretty.....AND PACK YOUR BAG!!!

your lady bug idea sounds adorable! That reminds me..I have no mobile yet!!

Feeling the way I feel I don't see how I can go another week..but who knows. Im headed to bed. SEe you ladies in the morning!!!

Good morning

Hi everyone,

And thanks for all your kind messages. Believe it or not (maybe believe it if you have a baby), this is the first time since baby's been born that I've had some time to myself to catch up on e-mail and what not.

I'm so sad to read Mel 2's news. I'll be thinking of her.

And everyone else, I hope you are doing well. You guys called it that the days before labor began for me, BMs came easy and fast. I had no serious contractions before my water broke, but those BMs were a sign. :) Uh, Susan, still here? :)

First week with baby has been tough, but I think we're hitting our stride (one 3-hour stretch of sleep last night. Yeah!) Morgan did develop jaundice, which I understand all newborns are born with. But we ended up back at the hospital for two days so she could get phototherapy. Her levels went down and now we're home. At first, I felt so bad because one doc said because my milk hadn't come in yet, the billirubin that causes the jaundice wasn't flushed from her system. Anyway, we called her the suntanning baby at the hospital (pic attached). I know it is a hospital photo, but she was so relaxed in the warm light, and I know I could never pull off white shades like that. We all thought she was so cute.

We're home now, with family still here. They leave this weekend, and DH goes back to work.

Wishing everyone the very best, and, Melanie, I'm so glad you're back from the hospital now. I'll try to keep up and certainly send my support, and I hope to see everybody again on the other side--in the fit mamas forum. :)

All the best,
Dawn

Attachments

• moms camera 604.jpg
    moms camera 604.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 18
First of all, thank you to everyone for your support! I know a lot of you have been down this road.

The 3rd set of HCG levels only went up to 45K (Monday to Thursday). So even more confirmation for me. They said after I get through this we can do blood work to see if there is a reason for the miscarriages.

I wish you all the best, hopefully I will be back after the 1st of the year.
XOXO
Mel

Mel2-we'll be thinking about you. HOpe you are back here soon!

Dawn-good to see you. Morgan does look chilled and relaxed getting some rays...too cute!! Hang in there...things will get easier. The first night she sleeps 4 hours straight you'll feel like you won the lottery!! SHe is week old today, right?

Melanie-what does "strict bedrest" really mean? Just curious what you can and can't do.

Off to eat and get Haley rolling. bbinb

Slept decent last night. Hope to get 2 more chapters read today.....then I wont have to stress over school. Planning on walking today at some point.

Melanie- No I'm actually NOT swollen so I don't know what that is all about. Actually I do....MIL. But I have been feeling better about the whole situation the last few days so maybe it will be better. I get blood done today and go back to dr Wednesday.

Mel2- Good luck and we will be thinking of you!

Dawn- Your pics of Morgan are beautiful! Thanks for the tip about the BM!

Susan- You still here or on the toilet?

Dawn, Morgan looks too cute... Thank's for the update and for sharing with us, it seems like BMs are quite common prior to labor, it's good to know what to expect

Melanie, I don't have a nursery yet and I probably don't have mine ready until just a couple of weeks before my due date. I'm getting just the essential right now until we find a bigger place. We looked into buying a home but DH is a full time student and who knows if we would be relocating after he's done.

Jen, what are you getting blood work done for this time? Is your dr seeing you weekly by now?

Susan, you are really a trooper, you have the energy to study, cook and workout! That's great. I am not a creative cook at all, I probably cook the same 5-6 meals all the time :(

Mel2, I wish you the best and I hope to see you around very soon. HUGS...

Happy Friday everyone and check back later

Priscila- He wants to check something in my blood I guess to make sure I am not getting pre-eclampsia. I had the NP at work today check my BP and it was 130/78 which was much better, still high for me. She mentioned lunch meat (which I ate it 3 days in a row for lunch this week and I made potato soup with ham) and other "hidden" sodium items so I am wondering if it is the combo of stress and the sodium. I'm going to try and take my BP over the next few days and see what it is doing and let the dr know.

Dawn- I love the pic of Morgan! She is just hangin out, sunnin! Too cute!

Susan- I agree with Priscila, you have so much energy!

Mel(2)~ more hugs to you & your family.....maybe it's a simple progesterone thing......that can be easily supplemented upon fertilization? Remember, we're here for you, K?

Susan? You still here?

Strict Bedrest (defined): I need to lay down at all times, can prop myself up with pillows (but no greater than 120 degree angle). I can get up only to shower & use bathroom. That's it!!! ......when I go to doctor's visits (weekly) I have to lie down in the back of the van during the trip. He wants NO pressure on the cervix!!! :eek::eek:

I didn't ask about sex? Do you think that's out too? LOL :confused:

Jen, have you been checking your bps?

Well......DH has lunch ready. He's taken such good care of me so far!!

Hey Ladies!
Melanie-I guess strict bedrest means strict bedrest uh!

Pricilla and Jen-If I worked full time like you both I would never be able to do half of what I do. I have already had my 20 min power nap today!

Susan~ do you think you've been more tired this time around....then when you were pg with Haley? Just curious. It seems to me as if I tire much sooner than I did in my younger years. :eek:

Dawn~ I love Morgan's pic!!! The glowness. Glad it was minor jaundice. When my little bro was born (he's 22 now) he had jaundice & our family was devastated. They never explained to us what it was.....so we assumed he was super sick. We stood around watching him 24/7.....crying uncontrollably. It was scary. I think most of my babes has had minor jaundice. Has your milk come in?

Melanie-for the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy with Haley I had horrible bronchitis...I litearlly coughed day in day out and never slept.....so I was miserable. I do know I am more achey this time...but I have felt pretty good..IF i get my nap in I am good to go.

just paying bills online right now....not fun. The furnace guy came over today....we have 3 different types of furnaces & they all are not working. We have to get an estimate for a new one. Scares the **** out of me. I'm not taping into my maternity leave stash.....but we need heat too.

Honestly, I haven't been bored on bedrest yet. I have alot to catch up on. LOL ....and some shopping......movie watching.... LOL

shopping and watching movies...ahhhhhhh the life!!!..minus paying bill..lol.

I am reading Race and Ethnicity in Sociology...interesting...but I would rather be doing something else.

No real signs of labor today. I have a hint of a backach..but nothing major. I did LIS this morning and plan to walk in a little while.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.