Pregnancy and Cathe Dvds - Anyone Use During?

mae1866

Hi Everyone,

I just found out I am 9 weeks pregnant and have been running for 14 years and using Cathe dvds for year. I can continue to run but I wanted to see if anyone continued using Cathe dvds while they were/are pregnant. If so, please let me know which ones! I thought maybe Muscle Max and Muscle Endurance might be ok if I don't lift too heavy. Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks for the help - Joanna

I haven't been pregnant yet..lol...but I think you can find all the information you need over in the pregnancy forum! I hope you find what you're looking for!! Good luck with your pregnancy! :D

Yes, I worked out and ran with Cathe during my pregnancy. I did all her DVDs until the seventh month. Then I did just the Classic Vol. 1, Cardio Hits, sometimes Max. Int. Cadio, Body Max (with modifacations) I didn't do her weight workouts but I think you can do them of course with light weights. I started doing her weight workouts 6 weeks after delivery.
Her workouts really helped me, I was always full of energy. :D
Oh and CONGRATULATIONS :D and enjoy this wonderfull time and I wish you an easy delivery.

Timea

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PREGNANCY...

...babies are a blessing...

Best of luck and good wishes.

Last edited:
Yep, Cathe got me through my whole pregnancy! I did everything, depending on the energy I had that day. Basic step for the tired days, Drill Max when I had the energy, etc...

And at the very end, when moving was tough on the belly, I started the Gym Styles.
Congratulations!

I actually did Basic Step the day of my induction!

I still did a lot of Cathe workouts, just modified the intensity or weights - Muscle Endurance, PUB, PLB, Supersets, Push/Pull, L&G, the whole S&H series, Cardio & Weights, etc. etc.

the other DVD I loved to do was The Perfect Pregnancy Workout video

I was introduced to Cathe when I was 3-4 months pregnant and used her work outs up until the day before I delivered when I did Cardio and Weights! :D

I actually found out about Cathe when I was pregnant with my first child. I have been using Cathe videos throughout my three pregnancies. I also kept running - usually through my 7th month. But I did Cathe videos all the way up to delivery. Keeping fit really helped me through my pregnancy. Good luck!

Just curious -- to the buff moms who worked on Cathe up until labor -- how high did your HR go up? Because I was wondering on the blasts of IM2 or IM3 where my HR skyrockets if that was ok during pregnancy (not pregnant now but planning to be in the next year!).

Just curious -- to the buff moms who worked on Cathe up until labor -- how high did your HR go up? Because I was wondering on the blasts of IM2 or IM3 where my HR skyrockets if that was ok during pregnancy (not pregnant now but planning to be in the next year!).

I actually stopped doing the really intense cardio workouts like IM2 when I was pregnant. My doctor told me not to go above 165 so I didn't want to take the chance of overdoing it. HTH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.