pp weekend

chefkate

Cathlete
hello mommies! i think we're all a little busy!

everyone have a good turkey day? ours was nice and i CLEANED UP at gymboree on friday!

i am LOVING having mike around!

julia is sleeping so good. 10p-5a. nursed 1 hour. slept 6-8. nursing now!

workouts have been great - i've been lifting heavy as possible and im feeling like im finally leaning out. step blast on for today!

say hello when you can!

Hi Kate. Nice to hear about your good shopping. Do you find that it's worth it to buy nice clothes for your oldest so the clothes will pass down through all your girls? That's been my plan. My single boy, however, gets super cheapo stuff from Target, etc.

AF returned last night. I always forget how gross that is after being post partum for a long time. It's like some kind of crime scene.

THis week I've done BM1 (cardio and circuits-- not as hard as I remember, but I think I've been reconditioned by how hard BM2 and IMAX3 are), a 5 mile "7 church" run (I run by 7 Catholic churches, and a bunch of others too), and 4DS low impact circuit.

Going to the gym today with yard work o'plenty this afternoon.

kristan, i pretty much always stick to gymboree and gap, but always on sale and with a coupon/rewards. ROFL aboutthe crime scene!!! af came back after 1 yr w/ gina, and TWO with isabel, it was awesome! except we were ttc and couldnt because of it. wonder how long itll be this time around... ^5 on the wo's! havent got mine yet but i let dh do his last night during jukias cranky time so he owes me!;):cool: have fun lawnmaxing!

Hi ladies!
Kate--I'm SO jealous of Julia's nursing schedule!!! YOU LUCKY DUCK!! Charlie still eats every three hours. :( He eats a little and then falls asleep and is hungry three hours later.

Kristan--Sorry about AF. I wonder when mine will come back. I've been very tired and craving chocolate lately -- but that's pretty much my norm. ;)

-------
Still haven't worked out. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day, and I'm SO tired from our sleepless nights. I am getting pretty discouraged and really can't see myself ever being as small as I was pre-preg. HOW did I get this big??? Ugh. Oh well. I'm trying to not get too down about it. I want to enjoy the holidays and not be heaped with guilt for splurging a little bit here and there. Anyway, I'm proud of all of you guys for getting back into shape so quickly!! You're an inspiration to me!

stephanie- have you had your thyroid levels tested? just a thought. i know a lot of PP woman can have trouble with thyroids.

re my returned AF- it's just wrong that it comes back @ 4-5 mos (all 4 pregnancies). I am still nursing exclusively! and i can tell mimi thinks my milk tastes weird; she keeps pulling off.

stephanie, hang in there! you'll be back to workouts! what about just doing your favorite warmups? no pressure to do high intensity stuff, just do 1 warm up a day and go from there. when i start a wo, i just do what i have time for, even if ithink itll be only 10 min, and no worries if i cant finish. for instance, i was just 1/2 way thru step blast and julia woke up. pre-preg that wouldve ruined my day...now, not so much. also, you're recovering from a c-section! THAT is amazing to ME! i'd prob. still be flat on my back making mike do it all! (((hugs))

kate-i ordered from gymboree on fri too:) i couldn't pass up the 30% off plus i also had a coupon for another 20% off and gymbucks:eek: Good job on step blast, that is my favorite step workout. mike took all three boys on a walk so i did c&w!!

kristan-sorry about af coming back. I dread that, with the boys mine didn't come back until i weaned them at about 20 months. i have my fingers crossed that it's the same with ryder.

stephanie-don't be discouraged!! i agree with kate just start a workout and do as much as you can. sometimes i put ryder in the front pack and get on the elliptical for 20-30min. not exactly how i want to workout but i get it in and he takes a nap:)

i get to go and get my hair done today. i am taking ryder so i hope he does ok. i love this stage when he is just happy wiith me holding him:) i know it won't last long so i am just going to enjoy it!

candra

candra, i love c&w! gets you so good & sweaty! how nice to get it done uninterrupted! ohhhhh, you're making me want an elliptical even more! we're holding out til january thugh - dh's bday - his mom always gives him a decent $ gift....

im feeding julia and the fams eating dinnr - smells good! hope i get my turn soon!:D

Hey ladies
candra, how did the hair appt go with Ryder? i have never tried that!

Did you get your dinner Kate? It does seem like that happens alot-the baby needs to eat right as you get a meal ready!

Steph-i wouldnt stress to much about the weight-seems like it eventually does come off-its not really worth stressing about the first few months when you are already running on E!

Hello ladies!

Stephanie - Don't stress about the weight. You just had a baby via c-section and you have lots of time to get to your prepg size and condition. I know it's discouraging, but you have 3 children to take care of and you will get there. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. You have done it before and you can do it again.

Kristan - Sorry about the crime scene. lol. Not looking forward to that.

Candra - I love C&W also. I wish I had an elliptical then I wouldn't have to drag my butt to the gym.

Kate - You lucky bum on Julia sleeping so well already! Pomai is sleeping an hour more at nights in between feedings now so I'm taking whatever I can get.

Hi Lorren!

Not much here. Go for my ob follow-up on Thursday so I'm hoping I get the ok to start working out. I know I lost a lot of strength. Hm...not sure which I will pull out first. Maybe one of the 4DS ones and do it in 2 segments. Anyway, gotta go figure out dinner.

Lisa

lorren, were you the one who mentioned the beaba baby thing? it looks awesome! im def. ordering one!

lisa, my final pp check is wed. i started w/ 4ds for returning to wo's - i knew the moves well and its so time efficient.

another great night for julia! i need to pinch myself! she slept 9:30p-8:30a, nursed at 3:30a for an hour!

gotta run! bbl........

Hi ladies... Thanks for the kind words about the weight. It just gets overwhelming sometimes. But it looks like it's the least of my worries today. DH's grandpa died last night, and he left this morning to go be with his parents and grandmother. I'm here with the boys, and my mom is coming to stay with us. She's so sweet. That, and my dad has a bad cold and I think she's escaping from him. ;) He's not pleasant when he's sick. I'm sad that I couldn't go with DH, but the kids would have really stressed out my in-laws, I think. Well, I better get busy. I've got to keep busy today so I don't fall asleep. I was up until 2:30 a.m. packing thinking that Charlie and I would go and mom would keep the big boys, but we decided against it this a.m. Charlie did SO well last night. Got up only once and was a smiling little angel when he did get up.

I used to say that when newborn babies smiled when they were sleepy/sleeping it meant that angels were giving them tickly kisses on their cheek. Charlie hadn't smiled for a few days, and we were getting a little sad that he hadn't smiled at us, but when I fed him at 2:30 this morning, he just looked up (not at me) and smiled and smiled. I think maybe grandpa was giving him a little tickly kiss...

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

Stephanie- sorry to hear of your family's loss.

Was planning a workout today, but have major booty burn after my DIY lower body work at the gym- walking lunges, bosu stuff, etc. Can barely get in and out of chair.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.