PP Week of 1/25/09

dlandkk808

Cathlete
Okay ladies I know we're all busy, but hoping we can at least check-in once in awhile because I know I need the inspiration to get my workouts going. I was only able to workout twice last week because of my back. Planning on doing something today, but not sure which one.

How is everyone and their LOs doing??

Lisa

Hi Lisa--

I was going to start posting again last week, but there was no thread! I suppose I could have started one, but felt funny about it, because I haven't participated in so long.

Gwen is a big fat baby--really--98th percentile for both weight and height--at least she's proportional. The ped wasn't worried because it's all breast milk and he say's she'll burn it off as a toddler. She's also very sweet natured and the whole family adores her, except sometimes Vangie (now 3 and every inch a red head and the first child to display occasional jealousy of a new baby)

My workouts are going well, but my weight loss continues to be slow. I now have 17.5 lbs to go before I hit my pre preggo weight and of course the obligatory 10-15 vanity lbs after that. I am eating really clean and for the first time in my life enjoying it--who knew it was possible?

I'm sorry to hear that your back is hurting. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi to everyone else!

Maggie:)

Hello! I am still recovering from hernia surgery (from last Thusday... the 15th). I still have some lumps in that area which is why I had the surgeon cut me open and remove whatever was there. So, at my post-op appt this Wed, I will ask about that. Of course, my workouts are at a standstill:(, and I still have this HUGE belly:confused:.
Will I EVER be normal again???
I can't workout until I get the o.k. from the dr. I will write an update later this week.
Nice to see you Maggie!
Hi Lisa and everyone else!
-Jen

Jen--Ugh--I have a huge belly too. I think with every baby, I get more visceral fat in my belly that is very hard to shake--no let's rephrase that--easy to shake, hard to get rid of.:mad::confused::eek:

When will you be able to workout again? In the meantime, take it easy.

Hi Maggie! LOL about the belly! Glad to hear Gwen is nice and healthy.

Jen - Take it easy and heal up! I'm like you...wondering how much longer before the belly shrinks. It will happen for us, we just need to be patient I believe.

Kate - Where are you? I see you posted on the other link..hehe, such a lurker I am. Anyway, hope you're doing good. I miss your happy posts around here!!

Not much for me. Trying to get odds and ends done. Can't believe how much more busier things are even just working part-time. Got a good walk in the other day and planning on working out today...a step one, but not sure which.

Lisa

preemptive sorry for the typos/no spaces sometimes.....keyboard is messed up

jen, thats wierd on the lumps, hope you get it figured out:confused:
no worries on no wos! take care of yourself!

lisa & maggie, hello girls!!
great jobon the wo's & weight losses.....despite the blasted belly!:mad::p
ive lost my weightbut the jiggle is still there. its muchbetter thanit was but yikes.
im sure my versaclimber and sts will be the key to my belly's undoing!
you gald get sts? mines coming tomorrow but i want to take a few days to fondle it!:p i have a few more 1rms to do and i want to take a few days off to stretch and cardio before the lifting begins. i cant wait!

lisa, i dont know how you do the pt work. im just doing payroll stuff and id like to not but mikes secretary is overloaded as it is.

maggie, hows hs going this yr? im thinking of getting next yrs curriculum for the summer. if it fits us we'll continue. if we dont like it theyll go to public school. but i wont tell them thatgs my plan.

julia is conked out at the breast right now....stinker!:p
miss piggy is 3.5 months, 15 pounds. we go for more pics tomorrow.

candra! girl, i see your name on the bottom of the main page! :D quit yer lurkin and say hello!:D

Last edited:
Hi ladies. Do you mind if I join?

I just had my LO on Jan 11th. I have started back with modified cathe cardio. Yesterday I did Rhythmic Step and today I did 4DS LIS cardio only premix. I am loving moving again! I was on modified bedrest at the end of my pregnancy secondary to elevated blood pressure, so I am SO happy to be moving now!

About me...I am 26 and a 4th year medical student. I've already done my interviews for residency and taken my boards and I have all fluffy electives the rest of the semester so that I can spend time at home with Zoey. I graduate May 16th and then will do an internal medicine residency. My husband is a computer programmer and will work from home while I am in residency, so we hopefully won't have to worry about childcare.

I have been a Cathe fan since 2006, but when the website changed, I lost my old screenname somehow. I had been beckymd, but now am mdbecky.

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies!

Welcome Becky!!!
Congratulations on your sweet baby!! How was your labor? How big was Zoey? I could talk labor all day. I would love to be a midwife or a doula but my DH is a plumbing contractor and one self-employed person is enough with 3 kids running around!
Are you getting much sleep?
I'm amazed at your workouts!!! I had a small tear I opted to not have stitched so I sat on my butt for 6 weeks! To be honest, I loved it.:eek: But I got back to my regular routine pretty quick after that. I WO 6 days/wk and my STS COMES TOMORROW!!!!
We'll be glad to have your medical knowledge here for sure!

Better head to bed .......

Welcome, Becky! My sis is a dermatologist, so I know all about med school. She went to Hershey Med (part of PSU), and is now a dr. at Geisinger in PA with two little girls. That is great that you are working out already!

Kate, I have to check to see when STS is coming for me. I ordered it recently, so it may take a while. That is perfectly fine with me b/c I have no clue when I will be able to do that program:mad:. I have a dr. appt scheduled with the surgeon tomorrow, but right now it is snowing in PA so I hope that tomorrow I can still go. I will be willing to drive, but it may get bad enough for things to close down:(.

Aidan is a little porker, at 16 pounds. He is now in 6-9 mo clothes! He loves the boobs too! I just went to Babies R Us b/c they had a good sale if you are a member of whatever "club" they have. It's like the grocery store clubs where you have a little card that gets scanned. Anyway, I saved 20% on this super cute blanket. He still loves to be swaddled at night, so I picked up another one of those great velcro swaddle blankets too.

Not much else going on here. I hope I have good news to report after seeing the dr. tomorrow.

Kate, just thinking about the versaclimber and the STS program makes my incision hurt:confused:.

-Jen

Oh, labor. Yeah, it was bad. I had to be induced at 38w1d for my high blood pressure and my body wasn't ready. I labored for 36 hours which included 2.5 hours of pushing! I was stuck at 9.5 cm for the longest time. Zoey was sunny side up and wasn't pushing on my cervix right to completely dilate me. My L&D nurse was wonderful and had me in all of these horrible positions trying to get her to rotate. I was in fire hydrant both sides and even upside down on both sides! That upside down was torture! Finally, with all those manuevers and quite a bit of manipulation from the nurse, I dilated. She turned while pushing and came out without a mark on her face. (although the back of her head had lots of skid marks!)

She was 6lbs 12 oz at birth, went down to 6lbs 8oz and is now 7lbs 8oz at her 2 week check up yesterday. She's tracking right along at the 25th percentile. She was 20 inches long.

I am sleeping 2-3 hours at a time at night now, but only because we started co-sleeping. I said I would never do that...oh well. She's happier and I am better rested. It also makes feeding at night so much easier since I am currently exclusively breast feeding. I intend to BF until I start residency, which will give her just about 6 months of breast milk. I just don't see how I'll be able to pump during residency.

I'm not really supposed to be working out. I had a 2nd degree tear (but was stitched...only 4 intravaginally) and my bleeding has slowed down quite a bit so I thought I'd try. I was reading your forums and someone had posted about Leslie Sansone's walking workouts on OnDemand. I did those for 3 days in a row and wanted my Cathe back. I probably am overdoing it, but I love the adrenaline rush at the end of a step workout!

I pre-ordered STS too back in February. I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet though. That I will wait a month longer to do though. I am planning on doing Cathe's September circuits rotation in February with lighter weights as I haven't lifted since pre-pregnancy! Then I think I'll do STS.

Anyway, must get back to the LO!

Welcome Becky! Congrats on your LO! That was one long labor!

Hi Kate!! I sure missed u around here! Let me know how STS is. I'm still not sure if I'll order it just yet. We do have a weight bench now though so we'll see.

Jen - Great deal on the sale. We just bought a co-sleeper today because dd outgrew her bassinet and I'm not ready for the walk to the crib yet since she's still waking every 3 hrs on avg.

Eugh...homework time with ds is very trying and dh is not much help today. Grr.... Anyway, hoping I can get some ME time through all of this and get some sort of workout in.

Lisa

Good afternoon ladies. Today I did LIC cardio only plus abs. It took me over 2.5 hours to get it all in. It seemed like every other section Zoey got hungry or fussy. I'm just happy to have the workout done...although I don't know when I'll be able to do a workout contiguously again!

I just got my shipping notice for STS. I'm not starting it until March though. I am going to do the Sept 07 Circuits rotation in February to get back into lifting and lose some fat (hopefully).

Hope everyone had a great day.

Hey ladies--I'm typing with both hands and nursing--she'd such a little piggy now, that she won't fall off--

Kate--school is going well. I have my moments of freaking out, but I think some of that is just those lovely hormones. And yes, I'm getting STS. It left Pennsylvania yesterday and is slowly making its way toward me here in Oregon. It should arrive Feb 2. I paid for standard shipping, not 2nd day air. Oh well, I need a rest week anyway because I've been lifting super heavy on my own and I'll be due up for a break. I can't wait to preview and plan.

Hi Becky and welcome--I had my first baby at 26. Now I'm an old lady of 40 with 7 of the little critters:p. Now how did that happen? I've co-slept with all of our babies (except our 4th who has down syndrome and had to be on a kangaroo pump at night--major feeding issues that first year.). Anyway, I've never regretted it. Everybody gets more sleep and they are just so cuddly and warm.....

Lisa--sorry about the homework issues...I know that when I start speaking very slowly through my teeth that it's time for a break. Sometimes it's like herding cats--okay, find your mind and put it BACK where it belongs...

Jen--I'm sorry to hear that your issues are not resolved yet:(. Hang in there--you will get back in shape. I gained 70 lbs, so some days I really feel demoralized, but slow and steady and it will all come off like before.

Take care all!

You caught me Kate!

I have been such a lurker:eek: All three boys got sick after New Year's. Ryder had rsv which turned out to be a very mild case. They are all doing better now:D

I have been doing CLX I am on my third week and I love it. They are shorter workouts so I can get them done while Ryder naps.

I'm glad everybody and their babies are doing well. I am with you all with the belly jiggle. I'm glad it's winter:D

Hi Becky! I have 3 boys and I have co-slept with all of them. I actually sleep better with them in bed so I can listen to them breathe

Candra

Howdy!! I finally am non busy for a few days..lol DH was gone at a school for 15 days then my mil was here for a few of them. He's back, but training out in the field this week so days are hectic. : ) Sara is doing well. WE have an appt. tomorrow. It's her 2 month check, but since the dr. office was out for Christmas when she was 2m she goes tomorrow.. so her first shots.. ugh I dread it. I too have been cosleeping, but on the couch. We have a very wide couch so I sleep on the inside and put her on the outside and have a ottoman beside her so she can't roll off. So far she isn't rolling.. she lays onher side facing me and I too love it so I can hear her breathe... I do miss sleeping in the bed though. DH is against co-sleeping because he is a heavy sleeper and he gets up to leave so early. So for now we are doing this. I have thought about putting her to nap in her crib to see how she will do, but I haven't yet.

Anyway.. welcome Becky! Wow 4th year resident! How exciting (and tiring) I must say ER is one of my Favs.. is it half as fun as they make it seem?

Howdy Maggie!! I don't know how you do it with 7 and homeschooling. Homework is hard around here too and I only have 1.. (well 1 that actually has homework.. my dd, who is in preschool request homework so she can be like her big brother..lol) Glad to hear you are doing well.

Kate~sounds like you are ready to go with your climber and STS! Make sure to do before /after pics. I always forget and regret it. Always nice to see where you came from.

Lisa~if you see my post to maggie we have struggles w/ homework too. I have a 1st grader and he can be so dramatic about it all.

Jen~((hugs)) I hope your follow up goes well.

So I have been doing something every day. I did the elliptical on Satruday and got a nice solo run in on Sunday since DH was home. I actually opted to run for the hills..lol Then monday and tuesday I ran w/ the jogging stroller 5 miles each day and today I did Imax2 and lifted some weights on my own. Eating has been pretty good. I actually got a spider bite on Monday and by Monday night and Tuesday my tummy felt awful. SO didn't eat much of anything, but today was back to normal. IT still hurts, but he redness is going away. I thought I was going to have to go to the drs. My mil is a nurse and I sent her a pic of it.. ugh She said def. looked like a spider bite and they can really upset your tummy too. I never knew that! So tomorrow I hope to do the elliptical again or RS. We'll see how I feel after Imax2 today. Legs are usually semi sore after that one!

jen, how old is aidan now? i forget if you went before or after me:eek:
ugh....i hope the elly issue is over soon for you. how frustrating. when are you going bac to work?
good job cleamimg up at bru!

becky - what a birth story! glad you're both okay!:) you are a very dedicated mommy!
i wish i could co-sleep....but i just dont sleep well when i do it.
pumping.......blech! i refuse to do it!:D i had to do it w/ my first (she couldnt latch on). AND I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN!:eek: :p i could never let down well for it. but my hat's off to anyone that does it!:D

im running out of time to type.......

maggie, im getting closerall the time to hs'ing but i just cant decide. i'll write more later...
lol on your piggy's latch!
do you think you'll go for #8????:cool:
^5 on your lifting! i'm so excited for sts. i did an ab segment last night and it was great!

candra! welcome back!:p im a big lurker too....:eek::D
if it werent for sts id be tempted for clx.
sorry about the rsv. was he in the hosp for it?

trish, i'll have to catch up w/ you later!! gotta run!

Hi! This is quick before I am off to work. The surgeon said he was very pleased with my hernia sugery/recovery. He really wanted me to stay in the hospital the first night after the surgery, so he was shocked I went home. I had much better care at home! He was also shocked at the size of the hernia. He had to use a piece of mesh that was about 7 inches long!!!!!! I have a 10% chance of it coming back. He said that I was probably born with the weakness, and through the years, it became a hernia. He told me to not exercise for 6 more weeks:(, but after that, start with just cardio (core is also o.k.), but to avoid benchpress exercises and squat machines or squats with heavy weights since that strains the ab area:(. STS is on it's way...should be here today. I wonder if it will work if I don't use heavy weights? Or, I wonder if I should just ship it back. It will be a while until I can use it.
I am off to teach the children of the world!
Have a great day!
-Jen

trish, ive never taken b'a pics. prob. should.....
ouch on the bite! dh got bit by a brown recluse and it ate a HUGE whole in his leg!
how long is hubby home?!

jen, glad the healing is going well!
sorry about the sts conundrum! i think i would keep it - $200 is a steal for all those wo's and you can modify.

i did sts yoga abs last night! fun!!! so nice to have new wo's! not sure when i'll start the whole program tho....
i just have the 1 and 2 star leg 1rms to finish. hopefully today

i lost 2# more! im so excited!

Hi ladies! Got my STS shipping notice last night. It is supposed to arrive on Monday. Yippee!

I did 4DS High Intensity cardio only premix. Just 33 minutes, but got my heart rate up. I had an appointment today with the doctor heading my research (just finished) and that got me and Zoey off schedule, so I knew I wouldn't have enough energy for a longer workout. I am slowly increasing workout length. Tomorrow is Drill Max scrambled eggs premix.

Kate, how was the yoga abs? Do you think it is something I'll be able to try next week being so newly pp? I do not have diastesis.

Jen, that stinks about getting sts and not being able to use it for so long. I would keep it though and do the workouts as you feel like it instead of the whole 3 month program.

Fitmommy, I am glad to hear so many of you co-sleep. I was really afraid of smothering her. I have our bed positioned right against her crib so she can't fall off...and she's not in between me and my husband...he could sleep through a hurricane.

becky, yay for sts! it is so beautiful! i cant wait for you to get it! as far as the abs.....i know i wouldnt have been able to do it. but...i had my 3rd and i carried her so low. seriously, i was pg from my belly button down! my abs took such a beating. they still are not as strong and its 3.5 months pp. give it a shot - you'll prob be able to do better than i did when i was a month pp!
i love the cardio uyou picked today. GREAT for a quickie! and DM!!! you are ambitious! make sure you're eating enough!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.