Powerstrike

Annabelle2

Cathlete
I read the post on Powerstrike which is funny because I just ordered Millineum 1, 2, and 3 this morning. I had posted on a couple of other forums to find out if they were any good and didn't get a response.

Please tell me which of their workouts you like and why. I am also curious about the intensity of them.

Thank you!

Hi! I like 1 and 2 because they seem much more intense to me than 3. I don't know why, they just do. The one thing I don't like about 1 is that they work practically one whole side before moving on to the other side. It's hard to work that other side as intensely because you're really fatigued by then. They did much better with 2 in that regard.

I absolutely LOVE the music in 1 and 2, which happen to be the same. I hate it in 3. :eek:

Hollie

I have all three of them. I just did Mil. 2 yesterday, as a matter of fact. I had not done it in a very long time. I love them. I like 1 and 2 the best, also. Another thing is on Mil.2, they have back kicks in the combinations, but no roundhouse kicks and Mil. 1 has roundhouse kicks, but no back kicks. I like these two equally well. They are both very intense, low impact workouts! They are a lot more intense that 3. 3 is slower paced, but it is also a good workout.

I agree with Hollie, I don't like the music as well on 3.

Linda

Cathe's kickboxing is different from Powerstrike, in that it is more of a "hi-lo" cardio workout with kickboxing throughout. I love Cardio Kicks and CTX Kickboxing! They are intense and a lot of fun. They are also higher impact. They have high intensity drills at the end of each one. The intensity drills section on Cardio Kicks is especially fun IMO! It has great music and is just plain fun, as well as intense. Cathe's kickboxing uses more space than Powerstrike (if space is a factor in your decision)but it can easily be modified.

Sorry, I am not helping am I? They are all really good workouts!

Linda

Ok, thank you for the help, yes, that was very helpful! I have heard of Powerstrike, I just haven't tried it. I tend to go with Tae Bo, not for any reason other than I've done it and know I like it. Maybe I'll give Powerstrike a try some time.
I appreciate your help, thank you!

Thank you so much for responding! I appreciate the information and am looking forward to the workouts.

Can any of you give some suggestions as to what workouts are most like Cardio Kicks? Have any of you used the Taebo workouts and are they fun and do they get your heart rate up there?

Annabelle, I have only used Tae Bo workouts as far as Kick Boxing goes. I think it depends on which video you get, for those at least. I would suggest the Get Ripped series, there are 2 advanced videos, and they come together. Those are my favorites for now. I obviously have not done Powerstrike, so I am going to leave that one up to the other ladies here. I have also never done Cardio Kicks, or any of Cathes kickboxing, so I am trying to prepare myself for the new one that I have preordered by doing Tae Bo. I hope that that will at least prepare me a little!

I just received Powerstike Millenium I yesterday and did it this morning. I must say that it's exactly what I've been looking for in a kickbox style workout. The intensity is ALL THERE. I'll probably add Millenium II to my collection in the not to distant future.

My husband has a punching bag in our gym with a pair of practice gloves that have some weight to them - maybe 1/2 pound. I thought about using them to add a little intensity (I use them with CTX kickbox), but I don't think I'll be using them with this workout for quite a while. ;-) ;-)

You guys!!!!!

Stop fretting and GET POWERSTRIKE!!!! I LOVE these tapes. If you are tight on money, don't get Mil 3. It is not the best one. I would say that MIL 1 and MIL 2 are really close, both are great, but if you want to emphasize upper body get MIL 1, lower body MIL 2.

I rarely do Cardio Kicks now. I like the more technical feel of Powerstrike. Plus, there isn't so much "dancing" on the toes. Powerstrike is less impact, but you will treasure it for that because the intensity is just as high and I think, aside from CK Power drills, the moves are more toning.

JUST DO IT!!!!(and then thank me when you love them)

And, I think they are better than Taebo!!(sorry Billy)

Janice

I haven't tried them, but let meknow what you think of them! not that I will order right now, but.... also wanted to let you know that I don't like tae bo at all. I used to, but the firm adn cathe ruined it for me, they were just so much more fun

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.