Postparden:clean eating/working out moms! Dec 27

Melanie-good job on the 2lbs lost! How did you like travel fit?
trying to decide on my workout..cardio of some sort.
bb to report

I did MMA Boxing. I had to modify some of the jumping due to my bladder issues. Im for sure going to be getting this problem fixed soon. Its very common and the 2 drs I have been too don't seeem concerned at all.......but it really bothers me. I have a cystocele and while its not "serious" its very bothersome. I was shocked at how unconcerned they were. Anyway..its getting fixed.
Its kinda yucky here today so Kara and I will be staying in. I need to get to the mall to take a few things back and go to the post office at some point.
HOpe everyone is doing well today!
bbl

Susan, did you like MMA Boxing then? I"m sorry about the bladder issues. I am so grateful that my incontency & vulvar swelling is non-existent. I guess I got a break in the department. :eek:

I did like Travel Fit....but this is coming from cardo-gal who doesn't like strength training. I didn't sweat much, but I hope it'll help firm me up. :D Today I plan on doing MMA:Kickbox and some elliptical work...maybe CC2 (or one again).

Jen- So glad that the doctor was so spportive and made you feel better! Hooray!
Mel- Congrats on the 2 pounds, I need to clean up my eating. You are doing great!
I did Shock Cardio Circuit Blast yesterday. It kicked my butt, literally. Wow. I have never doen a video of less than an hour that made me work so hard.
BBL!

HI everyone!

Having my cup of coffee with some cereal now and planning on working out in few hours before taking Daniel to his 3 week check up. I am not terribly sore today, I worked out yesterday and did banish the fat dvd from Jillian. What a though workout! Felt great. I'm planning on doing cardio and abs today and a full body w/o tomorrow.
I think I know what my problem is now, I've noticed that I go to bed too late, then wake up few times to feed Daniel and beacuse I'm sooo tired in the morning, I stay in bed until 10 or 11 am (without eating). That's too much time without eating for someone that is breastfeeding, I think that's affecting my weight loss even when I'm working out consistenly.
So today I forced myself out of bed earlier, had breakfast and is ready to sweat later on. I know everything is going to be better once I get on my normal routine.

Melanie, good job loosing two pounds! You're amazing, with a house full of kids you still find the will to do what's best for you

Christine, I previewed the circuit w/o you mntioned and thought there is no way I'll be able to do those box jumps anytime soon LOl

Susan, are you planning on going to a different dr maybe?

Jen, as long as James is healthy and it's not loosing a lot of weight, he should be fine. If the pedi is not concerned, it must be because it's a very common thing during the first few months I think.

Off to feed Daniel

Last edited:
I forgot to comment on this earlier, but I've never had problems losing weight while nursing. I know several woman have commented that they have had trouble...but I've always dropped below my pre-pregnancy weight whilst nursing.

I have alot more weight to lose, but have to be happy with the TEN lbs I've lost this month. :D Now that I'm working out more vigorously, I hope to lose even more in January.

Cardio Coach 2 complete, 3.5 miles. I hope to be able to do MMA: Kickbox later today. :D DH went out fishing AGAIN,...so he kinda owes me. :D :D LOL

Melanie-Kara and I just previewed MMA Kicbox..and iti looks fun. I did like Boxing..did I love it?? not yet..I will need to do it again. I think I will like Kickbox better though. Oh and thanks for the sock rec!

Pricialla-everything I have read on my bladder ordeal says the same. Its not serious, but if it becomes bothersome or gets worse there are a few options...I really like my gyno and that would be who did the surgery. Some days I cant feel it..but other days it feels like a tampon is halfway in! Doesnt hurt at all....just feels creepy.

Hi Christine HI jen!

I did Kickbox. Kinda. With 5 kiddos all around me. I probably ended up doing about 1/2 of it all together....but I had a good workout earlier in the day...so no worries. I liked it. :)

Well, I went to the pedi this morning, have I said that I absolutely love him? He's soo informative and really takes a lot of time explaining everything without rushing. I really like that in a doctor. Daniel has baby acne and the pedi said it is just due to the hormones on the breast milk, other than that Daniel is doing great. He needs to go back i 5 weeks for his 2 month check up. After that we went to Chillis and I am happy that I behaved. I had water and tilapia with veggies and a little bit of the rice that came with it. No dessert, which is really HARD, I got used to having my molten for dessert. Not anymore...

I wanted to do cardio and abs but ran out of time and ended up doing just cardio. A run/walk in the treadmil for 35 minutes. I'm plannig on doing some short cardio and a Jari w/o tomorrow, we'll see

Susan, once one gets confortable with a dr is hard to switch, isn't it? I started with my gyno which I really liked and in the half way thru my pregancy she added another dr that ended up seeing me during the last couple of months, good thing that my first dr was the one that treated me during labor

Check back tomorrow

Morning!
Im having a quick bowl of cereal then I will do a Jari workout.....I just cannot workout on an empty stomach. If I was doing cardio I would have to wait at least an hour though..but with weights it doesnt bother me. I won't be able to workout tomorrow...we go to get Haley...so I must workout today. THis will make workout 4 for the week!
Dh and I are going shopping today..and Kara will tag along.
Hope everyone is doing well today. What are you plans???
Melanie-great job on your workout! I plan on trying Kickbox over the weekend.
Pricilla-so glad Daniel is doing so well!! I LOVE molten cake too.....YUM...good job on resisiting!!
ok, Im off to workout!

Good job, Susan. Four workouts/week is great!!

Not a great sleeping night last night......we let our eldest DH spend night at a friends house....then later in the night remembered he has his written driver's test this AM @ 10AM. Urgh.

My hipflexers are sore this AM. Not sure if it was the long run with Coach Sean or my half-hearted Kickbox workout? Hopefully I"ll feel better this afternoon so I can get my workout in. I could take the day off too....just peaking at my workout log it's been 7 days straight. :eek:

Anyone have New Year's plans?

Hi everyone! Things have been busy here. We are going on our first roadtrip with James to Jacksonville, about 2 1/2 hrs away this weekend for my best friend's wedding so we have been trying to get packed and think of everything we need for James. He has his own little suit that we bought him so I will have to post pics for you guys to see.

Got to do 45 min of B and G again. I really need to slim down these thighs and butt. Maybe will do a run today if I don't feel too sore later. Eating has been pretty good, just trying to eat every 3 hrs or so to keep my calories coming in but some days it is harder than others. I don't look forward to going back to work but in a way I do because I can eat more regularly there.

No New Year's plans here. DH works tonight and then we leave tomorrow afternoon for Jacksonville so James and I will hang out and watch the ball drop. If either one of us stays awake for that long. He has a Happy New Year outfit that I have to remember to put on him and take a pic of.

Priscila- I'm glad that Daniel is doing good. We love our pedi for that very same reason! I wish my dr was more like him. I'm happy to see you are getting the hang of things and are able to work out.

Melanie- You go girl! I'm lucky if I have the energy for one workout let alone two! Its harder for me on the days when DH works and sleeps during the day because James can be inconsistent in his naps during the day. There have been many times that I am all ready to go, workout clothes on and DVD in and he wakes up. Frustrating but you do what you gotta do.

Susan- I can't do cardio with anything in my stomach either but weights don't bother me.

Hi Christine! Waves to all! Happy New Year to everyone!

Hello ladies, I am so lazy upadting you guys but I've reading your posts. Molly Pauline was born Dec 18th, she's 7.8 lbs & 21 in. For my size 4'10, she's a little too big for me but the labor was not bad.
I started working out 2 days ago 30 mins of treadmill then yesterday LIC but I was careful with my moves because of the bleeding. I'm thinking to rest today.
I received my shock cardio but I'm afraid of doing it right now since it's been only 2 weeks since I had Molly. When did you guys started working out after having your babies? Anybody started 2 weeks early? I was very active throughout pregnancy,even did Jari extremely ripped day after my labor.
OK my baby is crying time to go!

Congrats Buneknek! The soonest I've worked out is 3 weeks postpartum....but that was after CSections....just listen to your body & take it easy!!! I do use pacifiers (soothies from NICU). I used "Nuks" with DS3 and "Binkies" with DS2. DS1 did not use pacifiers.

Just finished Circuit Blast & 1.5 miles on elliptical. Felt great. :D

Melanie-how did DS do on his dirvers test?? Don't workout too hard..take a day off girl!!!

Jen-so far Kara is great in the car..hopefully James will be too. Can't wait to see pics of him in his suit!

Buneknek-congrats!!!! Love her name!!
Haley my first, now 10 never took a pacifier..I was anit paci then. Kara, 2 months, has taken one and I offer to her but she really just naws on it..not really sucking. She tries sooo hard to suck her thumb but she doesnt have it yet. She basically uses me as her paci..lol.
Did a little shopping..took a nap and am about to clean up some while dh hangs with Kara.

Susan, too funny about not giving Haley a pacifier.....DH & I felt the same way about DS1 too....that somehow....giving a pacifier.....would make us an awful parent? It sounds so silly now...but back then that's how we believed.

Speaking of DS1, he never made it to his driver's test & wouldn't answer his cellphone. :mad: ......so he's on his own. He's paid for his own classes, so it's really 'no skin off of our nose' if he doesn't get his license.

Anyone eating black eyed beans today?

Melanie-dh and I were joking saying I needed to get a paci to mimic my nipples ..so I would need a 4 inch paci..hahaha. I think Kara will be a thumb sucker when she finally figures it out.
We do usually eat black eyed peas but this year we arent. I actually still dont know what were eating tonight!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.