post workout meal

the protein powder i have i bought in the grocery. its by TwinLab. i like it.1 scoop 25g protein. i will try the drink you suggested. thanks!

laura

Hi!

Wow, what a lot of great ideas. My favorite protein powder is Jay Robb's egg white protein powder. Doesn't have the artificial sweetners in it, and no sugars, no MSG, and yet it tastes great.

One more thing I thought I should mention: If one reads the current literature on soy, please be aware that soy contains many anti-nutrients -- phytates -- enzyme inhibitors that block the body's ability to absorb and use minerals, as well. It is also one of those foods that is the most genetically modified with insect/fish genes, etc.

So if you are going to eat soy, please ensure that it is non-GMO (not genetically modified -- this means that science has not gone into the seed and inserted other things into its genetic makeup). And also make sure that the soy is traditionally fermented. Fermentation makes the anti-nutrients and phytates inactive. (All seeds and legumes contain phytates and enzyme inhibitors and so it's a good idea to ferment them anyway -- or let them sit out overnight).

Remember grandma doing that with beans and peas? The reason is to get the actual digestive process going in the legume or seed so that the anti-nutrients are deactivated.

Also, beward of oxidized cholorestol -- which can occur in any powdered milk or whole egg powder. Oxidized cholorestol is the bad form of cholorestol. You might check with the company that makes your whey powder, just to check on it.

Probably too much information. Sometimes I think I read too much. Sigh.

Have a good one.:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.