Possible approval of weight loss drug - is my math correct?

the FDA approval...

hasn't gone smoothly as the advisory panel noted the low percentage of weight loss in relation to the risks of the medications. Hard to believe that this will be approved. Why not approve duct tape...to put over one's mouth...the really sticky stuff...probably WAY more effective (just kidding of course...but probably not as harmful as most of the weight loss medications either FDA approved, pending approval or OTC!)
julie

The math is right. The bar to approve meds seems to be rather low. There doesn't seem to be much benefit for the potential risks, not to mention expense.

If duct tape were approved as a medical device, the cost would sky rocket!

People need to improve their diets and get moving. That's the bottom line but most folks don't want to put the effort in so they want that "magic pill"-literally.

I tried a few "diet pills" over the years and none of them worked for me! :rolleyes:

After the problems with phen-phen why would anybody want to try this garbage? How about a little fish oil instead, it retards appetite and is actually good for your heart. Yikes, only 12 pounds? That would peeve me. Paying money for that little a loss? Phooey.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.