Plyo Legs: DOBS

Aquajock

Cathlete
Delayed Onset Butt Soreness

Too funny: doing the actual workout yesterday, I really didn't feel like I was being pushed to my maximum, maybe because the plyo legs drills are 30 seconds and I'm used to minimum 60- to 90-second intervals, and I only used 20-lb dumbbells for most of the legs segments (used a 35-pounder for the plie squats with alternating hands). I actually threw in the 4DS-Boot Camp cardio drills and the 4DS-KB cardio afterward for some puffy-panty stuff.

HOWEVER:

This morning, going from a sit-to-stand (from my chair at the dining room table drinking my coffee) was an adventure of sorts. And, during my shallow-water aqua workout, I'd created a format that was heavy on jumping, high-knee and fast-paced running and low back kicks, and my tush was absolutely barking! (Not to mention my quads during some seated knee flex/extension work).

THANKS, CATHE!!!!! (Why is it that we're always grateful to Cathe for making us hurt?)

A-Jock

I agree. Plyo legs was the first disc I tried and the next day I was wishing there was a handicap rail in our bathroom at work.

LOL what a riot - I did meso 1 week 1 legs on Thursday and today am STILL feeling it. Crazy! I can't wait for plyo legs!

Jolene, beware what you wish for . . .

There are some truly satanic, wonderful plyo drills in PlyoLegs land: I give you "The Rock Climber", a variation of the prone, plank-position Mountain Climber in which you abduct the thigh and bring the knee to the elbow; and the One-Legged Squat-Thrust-JUMP (yes, jumping on one leg - my goal for those is to be able to do them with my trunk NOT parallel to the ground at least once before I die), and the 180-degree-turn squat jumps HOLDING A WEIGHT. FOR THIRTY SOLID SECONDS. AND THEN YOU DO THE SAME DRILL A FEW MINUTES LATER TURNING OTHER WAY. WTH?

Anyway - gives you something to look forward to.

A-Jock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.