Please Review Upper Body Pyramid

I'm with ya Maria! Can someone who has the upper body pyramid please throw us a bone?? I'm soo anxious to hear about this one! Give as many details as you can. Patience is hard.....

Oh my...I'm just crackin' up over here! "Throw us a bone". Hahahaha!!! I'm sooo anxious too. My videos won't get here until Jan. 3. How excrutiating! x(

LOL I'll take a bone or any tidbit I can get!! hee hee I ordered the DVD's but this waiting is hard stuff on the system. Then I pre-ordered kinda late so I'm REALLY gonna be going nuts! I've even thought about not going to the forums till it's close for me to get my DVD's. But I'm trying to be a trooper and wait patiently. sigh........
Nancy

Okay, here's your bone! :) All body parts are done in super sets, except for shoulders which is done in a giant set format. All dumbbells are used, and the counts are: 12-10-8-10-12, using your lightest weight for 12 reps, moderate for 10 reps, heaviest for 8 reps, then reverse the pyramid.

warm up

CHEST: chest flys/bench press
(Cathe used 12-15-20-15-12#db)

BACK: pullovers/double arm rows
(Cathe used 12-15-20-15-12#db)

SHOULDERS: rear delt flys/side lat raises/front raises
(Cathe used 3-5-8-5-3#db)

TRICEPS: double kickbacks/seated overhead press
* for this exercise only Cathe switched weight between the exercises, going heavier for the overhead presses.
(Cathe used 3/12-5/15-10/20-5/15-3/12#db)

BICEPS: hammer curls/curls
(Cathe used 10-12-15-12-10#db)

ABS: w/stability ball and 10#db
*Brenda shows the modifications for no stability ball

At first thought it seemed the weights were light, but I have a feeling that I'm going to do it the first time through with Cathe's weight selection to get a feel for it. I'm thinking with so many reps (and no breaks) that you can burn out if you go too heavy. The only break time is the time it takes to grab the next set of dumbbells. Although she does stretch each body part after the segment.

Donna

Fitness~It's a journey, not a race!

Thanks soo much Donna for a terrific review! Now the bone has me drooling BIG time! This is going to be the first vid I do when I get my DVD's. I can't wait! The full pyramid system looks awesome. I've been wanting to do the full pyramid for a while and I think this will fit the bill! Enjoy your vids!
Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.