Please, no burpees or mountain climbers!

shakeubooty

Cathlete
I don't know if Crossfire or To the Max has either of these moves but I am sick to death of them. Everyone and their brother uses them now in their workouts. Please show us something fresh. Thank you for your consideration.

I know this sounds weird but I love burpees and mountain climbers. What I hate more than anything is jumping jacks, air jacks and tuck jumps. Hate hate hate them! Now plie jacks...for some inexplicable reason, I like.

Don't like burpees, Don't care for mountain climbers but I'll do them, but LOVE air hacks, and if the day is right, tuck jumps. ?

I know this sounds weird but I love burpees and mountain climbers. What I hate more than anything is jumping jacks, air jacks and tuck jumps. Hate hate hate them! Now plie jacks...for some inexplicable reason, I like.

Im with you on all of the above!! lol:eek:

ditto - I'd rather do burpees than air anything, any day of the week - frankly, those big jumping moves my body can't/refuses to do - they kill my knees. Seriously, what is the point of an air jack, unless you plan to be a cheerleader (not!)? I love doing mountain climbers with the plates. You can totally feel it in your core!

ditto - I'd rather do burpees than air anything, any day of the week - frankly, those big jumping moves my body can't/refuses to do - they kill my knees. Seriously, what is the point of an air jack, unless you plan to be a cheerleader (not!)? I love doing mountain climbers with the plates. You can totally feel it in your core!

LOL Me, neither!:p

I'll do burpees and mountain climbers any day over air jacks and jump tucks!! The impact of the jumping just does me in. The burpees and mountain climbers with the discs are not fun, but they are totally effective without the impact. Lots of strength involved there :)

I have temperamental knee's, but I'm definitely a high impact junkie! Gimme those jacks, jumps, tucks, anything with air under my feet! Until my body stages a revolt against me, I will continue to love me some plyo baby!

I don't feel the love for plank exercises, sorry. A huge dread factor has always existed between me and mountain climbers. If Cathe includes them in her workouts, I'll be on my hands and knee's doing them along with her, but I won't be jumping for joy :D.

Natasha

I especially LOVE the ones in Slide-n-Glide and one of the other workouts where you do the cross over to the opposite side. Pull your right knee in, push it out to the left under your arm, then back again. Oh, and the ones where you do a pushup and then extend out to the side (right leg out toward right shoulder). I never thought I would be able to do those when I saw them in the video, but to my surprise I could. Fun!!

Oh yeah, those burpees & mountain climbers are brutal, but quite effective. Yes, I do see them in other home exercise vids, as the OP pointed out. Still though, I'd rather do these than air jacks, tuck jumps, etc., as the ol' creeky knees on this bod much prefer it. :eek:

I have temperamental knee's, but I'm definitely a high impact junkie! Gimme those jacks, jumps, tucks, anything with air under my feet! Until my body stages a revolt against me, I will continue to love me some plyo baby!

I don't feel the love for plank exercises, sorry. A huge dread factor has always existed between me and mountain climbers. If Cathe includes them in her workouts, I'll be on my hands and knee's doing them along with her, but I won't be jumping for joy :D.

Natasha

I totally agree mini-natty! When she starts doing any burpees or plank exercises, I just do jumping jax or plyos in it's place! Very easy to substitute :)

mini-natty said:

Natasha

We are kindred spirits! :) *love* the high impact!

I'll do anything that Cathe decides to throw at me (up to and including "The Cathe Flaming Hoop Workout"!)! If that's what Cathe and her crew do to have those beautiful physiques and amazing strength, I'm in!:p

There's no arguing that burpees and mountain climbers are effective - I just like doing new moves. NY25 - I'm glad you brought up the burpees on the gliders. Those are a twist on the move that is new, fun and effective. Before Bootcamp I don't think Cathe even did burpees (she called them terminator climbers as I recall) and her workouts were plenty effective. That's all I'm saying. Think of it this way, if you really like chocolate ice cream but start eating it every day, are you still going to like it as much after a few weeks or months?

I never get tired of chocolate ice-cream. Everyone has their opinion. Burpees and mountain climbers are tough but I find that when I don't do them on a regular basis, they are so much tougher the next time I do them. Cathe works me harder than anyone ever has so I'm game for anything she wants to throw at us.

I agree with a lack of love for burpees and mountain climbers, but I try to like them...telling myself that if it's challenging, it must be helping me improve somehow. ;) That reasoning only falls through when they activate my vertigo, even when I try to keep my head in alignment. Although, to be fair, this can happen to me with anything that involves a prone or supine to standing position (including some of the MMA: Fusion moves).

-Lisa
(just my 2 cents)

I hate 'em. But I love 'em

I know, I know, that's a Tony Horton remark -

But I will do anything Cathe throws in there that'll help me progress towards the kind of physique she possesses. It can't be easy. And what I love is that the hardest moves Cathe throws at us are in limited doses, so in my opinion I love to get the dread factor moves merged in with all of the great Cathe fun. That's what keeps me coming back again and again even if there are certain exercises (mine is push-ups) that fill me with dread.

I want cathe's strength too, everything she does is inspiring, although sometimes I say bad things during the plank work.:eek:
I find planks hard on the wrists and I really don't enjoy plain old jumping jacks.
I have a threshold for difficult exercises, I will struggle with form until I have a base strength and then I can focus on form and really relish the work (planks and pushups especially. I really noticed this after my first pregnancy when everything was such a struggle because I was so weak. then all of a sudden I could work really hard.
so lately I have been avoiding LIS because I find it hard on the wrists, I prefer to do this stuff regularily so I don't lose that strength and ability to do it, I miss LIS.

I know, I know, that's a Tony Horton remark -

That's what keeps me coming back again and again even if there are certain exercises (mine is push-ups) that fill me with dread.

I have to agree. I hate push ups so much, and they are in so many videos :mad:, but I keep coming back for more as well. Maybe someday, I will be able to do them, on my toes I mean. :D

Of all the moves mentioned ,the only one I don't like are jumping jacks. It's such an oldie but not goodie, I do them, but I don't like them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.