Playlist Ideas

Justinef

Cathlete
I'm putting together a playlist to lift to! Any ideas? Female artists only...something to make me feel powerful. Pink, Lilly Allen, 4 non-blondes, Alanis morisette.....

All ideas welcome!
Thankyou, and a very, very happy, peaceful and powerful New Year to you all.

Justine

Definitely Pink, maybe Adele- she has some powerful down beats! Gwen Stefanie, black eyed peas. Let us know what you come up with! Happy new year to you as we'll!

Happy New Year!!

I suggest Ciara, Dragonette, Robyn, Charlie XCX (Superlove), Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Metric, Sleigh Bells, Santigold, Beyoncé...good luck with the playlist. A big hurray for female artists. :D

The Pretenders, Romeo Void, Holly & the Italians, Cyndi Lauper. Consider this a vintage recommendation list from an 80s punker.

I have music DVDs, concerts recorded live: Pink live in Australia, am getting the new Truth About Love tour live in Australia, I also have Rihanna Loud tour and Madonna Confessions live. All these are excellent as lifting soundtracks. I put one on and start, stick another on if I'm not done, and it's that easy.

Clare

If you're into rock, I have Evanescence, Guano Apes, Flyleaf, Halestorm, Paramore, Metric, Florence + the Machine, and In This Moment all on my workout playlist...on constant repeat lol. Oh and Gaga of course ;)

If you like rock, Garbage has some good stuff (a band with a female lead singer). Just watch for language if that matters to you. :p

For more rock, check out Joan Jett for some cool, old school songs.

For pop music, I like Pink, Beyonce, Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson, and Ke$ha (again, language alert!).

Also like some country songs, like Pistol Annies (Hell on Heels and Hush Hush), Reba (Turn on the Radio), Dixie Chicks (Ready to Run), and Miranda Lambert (Baggage Claim).

Thank you for all the ideas - some I have anyway, some I hadn't thought of, some I'd forgotten about, and some I hadn't heard of!

I'll download them all, then try to make a playlist,

hopefully I'll be lifting heavier with some decent music!
Justine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.