Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Ripped with HiiT

Playing downloads from USB drive

Discussion in 'Cathe Downloads Forum' started by MommaPew, Jan 10, 2013.

1. MommaPew Cathlete

Hi,

I'm in Canada and was wondering how people play their downloads without hooking up their computer to their t.v. I do have apple t.v. but I was wondering if anyone stores all their Cathe downloads onto a USB and insert it into their t.v. or other device to play from.

Patricia

2. nckfitheart2009 Cathlete

Thanks for posting this question...

I would like to know as well....:-?/

3. aprilrain Cathlete

I would also Luke to know. I have experimented with this. I don't think my tv plays video from usb directly. I have a wd live box that will. I also have a 500 GB external harddrive that plugs into the wd live. The only problem with the latter is that it takes a long time for it to compile library when I plug it into the tv. The new rotations have a lot of premixes so I'm not sure what the best solution is.

4. bpurcell Cathlete

My TV is supposed to play from a USB as well, but I've never had any luck with it. I just connect my laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable. I've found this very quick, easy, and inexpensive.

5. nckfitheart2009 Cathlete

Playing downloads

Hi bpurcell,

what video player do you play your download on?

I find it difficult to have a clear image playing downloads on other video player a part from the blender. I think the only option, a part from ipad/mac/ios :mad::mad:, connecting laptop/tablet to TV with HDMI cable is the best one.

I am not a IOS enthusiast!

6. bpurcell Cathlete

I usually use iTunes to play the files. This works great except for when my kids get yet another virus on my computer! :confused:

Barbara

7. dobegrrrl Member

I have a ROKU with a usb slot that works. Does Apple tv have something like that? ROKU also has an iPhone and android app that will stream from your device to your tv.

8. Georjann Cathlete

I use Apple TV. Stream thru iTunes. It has an hdmi cable plugged into TV.