"Plastic Surgery"

NY25

Cathlete
So, has anyone here ever had any lipo done? Particularly on their neck? I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of having this done (like in the next couple of weeks) and I'm just wondering if anyone has had it done or know anyone who has and what kind of results they got, or any issues they experienced.

Lipo is the most dangerous types of plastic surgery.

I'm not necessarily against all plastic surgery, but lipo seems the scariest to me. Have you had a consultation, yet? I would definitely suggest that you speak with a board certified plastic surgeon. See someone who specializes in the particular procedure, ask for lots of photos of previous work, etc. I imagine that some sort of "tuck" or "lift" would be preferable to lipo. Lipo can also leave you with loose skin.

Something else to consider, is that when you get lipo, if you gain any weight after, the fat won't go to the part that was treated, but will go to some other mystery spot. For instance, when women get lipo in the thighs, if they gain weight--it goes to their faces, stomachs, backs, etc.

My mom did.

My mother had the area under her chin done and she looks a million times better (and younger). She had lipo and a lift done in that area (she was in her 60s at the time) because it had always bothered her and was getting worse.

The most important advice I can give you is to do your research in advance. Research the procedure and options and then interview several plastic surgeons (look at photos of their work, check their credentials, etc.). Understand the potential risks, and make sure you feel confident in the surgeon's experience and ability before you decide.

Good luck!

I haven't had plastic surgery, but I know that these two websites are supposed to be very helpfull. Check their message boards:
makemeheal.com
realself.com

Cool. I've already had the consult, and the surgeon comes highly recommended. His entire practice is based only one a few procedures. He's ranked as one of the best surgeons in NYC. I'm excited - I'm going to do it!! (wish me luck)

I worked with a woman (many years ago) that had her neck and chin done. She had lipo, but I'm not sure if she had a tuck. Anyway, the results were dramatic! I saw her 10 years later, and her neck still looked great. :D

Had lip on butt, hips, inner and outer thighs done 4 years ago. Best thing I ever did. As long as you eat healthy and exercise, you won't gain weight in any wierd areas . Do it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.