planter fasicitis

Yup, I'm another one who has had pf for a long time. What finally made a HUGE difference and virtually I credit it for clearing it up was the Rubz ball -

Amazon.com: Foot Rubz Foot Massage Ball Also Great for Backs and Hands: Sports & Outdoors

it's like a golfball shape, hard plastic with little nubs on it. I bought 2 - one for my office and one for home. First thing I did when I woke up was use it - I pressed on it with the middle to back part of my foot - I applied pressure when pushing my foot away from me, and then not very much pressure when I rolled it back, and I also moved it around in circles applying weight - wherever it hurt really. My foot felt much better immediately. Though it still hurt to walk. I did it after I walked in to work, and then again at night. Basically whenever I thought about it. It didn't take much time, usually ~ 5 minutes.

I also wear MBT scandals.

MBT Women's Tabia Toning Sandal - designer shoes, handbags, jewelry, watches, and fashion accessories | endless.com

I wore MBT sneakers when I had the full blown PF and they also gave me the most relief of any shoes.

MBT Women's Tabia Toning Sandal - designer shoes, handbags, jewelry, watches, and fashion accessories | endless.com

I hope you find some relief sooooon!!

Yes, my PF is caused by flat feet. I have several pairs of custom orthodics. My podiatrist always teases me when he makes the imprint b/c there's no curve on the inside of my foot at all. :confused: Fortunately my insurance does cover 2 pairs per year--they cost over $600. :eek:

My mom just sent me more info on some products that may help. I ordered a couple of the wraps b/c they look think enough to wear while I'm working out. I didn't get any of the heel supports b/c I already have the custom orthodics. I also got some bunion splints & wraps hoping they'd help too (honestly the bunion pain makes the PF seem like a minor issue :().

Foot Supports : Arch Supports : Foot Supports : Insoles : Footsmart.com

Dansko Professional Clogs OR Chaco Flip Flops. Both have HIGH arch support which is magic for PF. Trust me. Totally worth it. Got rid of my PF in less than a week.

Joan

You should try kalso earth shoes. They have a negative heel which keeps your calf muscles stretched out cause your heels are lower than your toes. I have the sandals and love them.

couple of ideas

1. Foot smart inserts. www. footsmart.com
2. photonic red light cold laser therapy (you can buy your own red light for about $600)
3. Young Living essential oils: deep relief and Relieve It
4. Losing 15 pounds of 'cupcakes and cappacinos" ;)
5. Low Impact Series saved my fitness life.
6. Flooring: lose the concrete at hme and in hotel rooms only do pilates and yoga

**I wore my Foot Smart inserts at all 6 workouts on Chicago Road trip and no problems....

Murph

Yeah I have to agree about losing weight. I mean for me I'm trying to. Lose it will releive my joint pain and probly help my PF also. It has been almost impossible for me to lose Anything.

Well I am happy to report my foot is getting better. I did every suggestion here and it helped! Thanks for all who posted. U r awesome bunch.

I had the shot but that didn't help I was so disappointed. But I kept stretching Icin eventually I could walk normal then jog and just last week got to do longer step DVD. I had to start back step with cathe basic step. And I did low impact circuit last week! Jogging again up to 3.5 miles,. It still hurts at times but nothing like before. I can do workout stretch and ice and I'm good. I just listen closely to my body to. Thank to u all for help. This was going on since December!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.