PIKES ON THE BALL!!

Just keep at it - I have been doing Cathe for 2 years now - I just have been able to do pikes on the ball - granted my legs aren't as straight as hers!

well, i don't know about that. i am 54 and i don't know if that will ever come. LOL!
unbelievable!!!!

Hi Cathy - don't give up. I also have just recently been able to do them. What I found is that the ball was too far up on my legs which made it impossible for me to do them. In the STS Abs dvd, Cathe tells you exactly where to place your ball, once I did that I could do them with both legs. Me attempting the single leg pikes is rather comical....

well, yeah, me doin , or trying to do the one-legged pike would be comical as i fall off and kill myself.:)
cathy

Hey never say never! I'm 48 and while I can do regular ones just fine, the one legged ones were really challenging me. After watching Cathe's tips and demo and Cathe TV, I was determined that I could do them and on Sunday when I did that workout I did all of them. Takes a lot of focus, but they are doable.

hey, another cathy???? cool! and i have dial-up so i can't get cathe tv. i will be at my son's tomorrow, though and he has hi-speed. which segment is the tips for pikes on?
cathy

hey, another cathy???? cool! and i have dial-up so i can't get cathe tv. i will be at my son's tomorrow, though and he has hi-speed. which segment is the tips for pikes on?
cathy

I have dial-up, too, but I've found that it will load in slowly. Takes about an hour per segment. So, I'll start a segment loading in and go workout and it's usually close to being fully loaded when I get back.

That said I made good use of my computer time when I visited my parents recently. :D

I believe that segment was in show number 5.

I used to be able to do them, but need to get back at it. I did find, though, that a lot of times it was almost like I couldn't do them because I was afraid to try. It was crazy what I could do when I really got in my head that I could do it! :)

Pikes!!!!

Hi everyone,
I watch Cathe TV. I think is TV 4 there is where Cathe give the tip for pikes,I was scared to do them but after I saw what i was doing wrong that's much better,I still have to get the endurance but it feels so good be able to do at least 1 complete you know is better then nothing but definitely that's so exited when you follow the tips, is going to be much easier...
don't give up!!!!

I am 48 and have just been able to do them - I agree - the ball has to be farther back by my feet in order for me to do them - it's not pretty - but boy can I feel them! Just don't give up!! Either method you do you are still working out! ;)

wow, thanks ya'll for all your encouragement. i'm gonna try and get that show up and watch it.
cathy

Good luck Cathy! The first time I was able to do one of those pikes sucessfully was at Cathe's road trip in '07. The balls were different size and firmer than mine, which aided in me doing the pike. I was so excited!!! I went home and had my ball blown up more which enabled me to do it again.

Julia

I have to laugh at this! I have managed to do the double leg pikes, but the other day when I attempted the single leg, my leg wouldn't budge! I could not will my leg up!

Jo:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.