Pics from the videos

APRYL

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I've never posted, but have been lurking for a couple years now. I have most of your videos and have pre-ordered the 6 Pack. I'm anxiously waiting for them (like everyone else). I just had to tell you how impressive your site is, how amazing you look (after that baby! Wow!), and how wonderful that you share the pictures of what's in store! It might make the waiting more difficult, but it's fun at the same time.
I'm trying to lose those last few pounds of body fat. I've been stuck on a plateau for quite awhile and am amazed how lean you've become. My diet is clean, so I feel if I hang in there it will come (or go!), but may I ask if you severely limited cals or carbos? Or did you increase your exercise time? I keep my workouts varied, so I don't *think* there's a problem there. Any tips I'll appreciate! Thanks so much!
Apryl :)

Moving this to the top...

Hoping Cathe will see it this time? I'd posted just before she (you) left for vacation. Thanks!

Hi Apryl!

Thanks for the nice compliments but I really didn't do anything drastic. After I stopped breast feeding about 5 pounds came off. Then week by week, as the videos grew nearer, I began lifting one body part per day and choreographing the new videos. During this phase I ended up doing some extra cardio while I tested out what works and what doesn't. Perhaps those trial runs added up to about an extra 90 minutes of cardio per week. Also, while I do not like to "diet", I definitely try to eat wisely to better fuel my workouts. I just try to eat balanced, eating a variety from all of the food groups being careful to stay as clean as possible. I don't overdue any starches or empty sugars at this time (and only at this time, HA!).

I have found that during the actual three weeks of rehearsals is when I end up losing a couple of unplanned pounds. As a matter of fact during the filming of these last 8 videos, I even noticed a difference in my physique from the first day of film week to the last.

So perhaps you may want to try to add one or two very intense cardio workouts per week(as long as that doesn't take you over 5 to 6 cardio sessions per week). Possibly making one workout per week an interval workout. Also, participate in a focused and intense weekly weight training program. Finally, continue with your clean eating. Thats is very important too. Hope this helps!

Thanks, Cathe!

I appreciate your input! I'll take your advice and hit that Interval Max once a week for awhile in addition to my weights and other cardio. Hopefully I'll be able to write you back w/some good news.
I love that you're sharing your one body part/day regime with us, and am looking forward to rec'ing the new vids!
Thanks again~
Apryl
happy.gif

Just to clarify!

The one body part per day method that I generally use for strength training(which usually lasts about 25 minutes for me)is not the same one body part per day method that is in the express videos(which last about 10 to 15 minutes). The express workouts feature more of a hi-rep conditioning workout that actually compliments the PS Series tapes. But as I tell everyone, don't underestimate the intensity of these weight workouts
happy.gif

A couple more questions, if you don't mind?

I'm certainly looking forward to the 6 Pack! I've grown to really enjoy MIS and loved the PS upper body tapes immediately.

How often do you recommend changing a regime? I find I get bored within a month. I don't do the exact same tapes within a rotation; I pretty much keep a certain concept, such as doing a split and alternating between MIS upper/lower or the PS uppers w/MIS lower body or another lower body workout. I'll throw different cardio workouts into the mix. I wonder your thoughts about that? Would it better to keep the same weight workouts (MIS as is ~or~ PS split instead of integrating both)? And, in your opinion, can you change regimes too quickly?

One more question: Do you plan to give a guideline on how to rotate the 6 Pack? I was thinking Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, Legs. (Forgive me not remembering the titles of the new tapes!)

Thanks so much for all your advice, Cathe. I appreciate it!

Hi Apryl!

I actually addressed a very similar question regarding why and how often to change a rotation not too long ago. It is in the "ASK CATHE" forum. The title of the thread is "A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS FOR CATHE" It was written by "Jul" on August 8th. I think that post will pretty much answer your first question. If not then please post back.

For your second question....I really wasn't planning on posting a specific order for the 6 pack because they are so interchangeable. As far as body parts go, I would suggest doing the leg tape, then back, chest, shoulders, biceps, and triceps(but this is not a must). The cardio sessions can also be done in that order or you can mix them.

TIP: If you want a second leg workout, use the cardio portion of the POWER CIRCUIT tape for that. The circuits really work the legs hard. Have Fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.