Physique 57

catwoman7631

Cathlete
I have been thinking about trying some different barre workouts and read on several websites that Physique 57 DVD workouts are the best of the best when it comes to barre. Does anyone have any experience with these workouts? And if not these, are there any barre workouts you would recommend (besides Cathe's, already have that one)?

I have been thinking about trying some different barre workouts and read on several websites that Physique 57 DVD workouts are the best of the best when it comes to barre. Does anyone have any experience with these workouts? And if not these, are there any barre workouts you would recommend (besides Cathe's, already have that one)?

I have most if not all of Physique 57 workouts. Some I like more than others. They are a good barre workout. I use them more in the summer than winter. For me, they are more of a defining workout. Depending on my mood, some of the instructors can be annoying. But they are good.

Some other barre workouts I have tried are Barre 3, I like Sadie Lincoln. I have all of the Squeeze's. They are good. Some of the hardest barre workouts are by Leah Sarago, she really kicks butt. The Barre Method with Burr Leonard, very good. Pop Physique, (I think that's what it is called. I bought it on a whim) very good. The women in this workout wear interesting clothing, but it is a good workout. There are a couple of workouts by "The Ballet Physique," Amped up, and Signature Sculpt. I thought they were both very good. "The Booty Barre," by Tracey Mallett is a good one. "Reach, Center Floor, and Angles, Lines and Curves" by Kari Anderson are older, but she always does a good job. "Exhale," has some good barre workouts. I have mixed feelings about "Pure Barre," by Carrie Rezabek Dorr. Her first workouts were great, then they all started to look alike. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I do a lot of barre workouts. I signed up for Suzanne Bowen fitness streaming and love it :) I do P57 here and there. They are tough workouts especially Tight & Seat Booster. P57 offers streaming but they are expensive. But at least you can try before you buy:D I also have Barre3 and Tracey Mallet :D

I love barre work. Physique57 are really good and tho some find the instructors annoying I don't. I also like Suzanne Bowens Amped Series. She is a great instructor. I hear her streaming workouts are the best but I haven't succumbed to that option yet. Sadie Lincoln's Barre3 seem easier but they sneak up on you. These are my 3 favorites.

Thanks everyone! Some great suggestions to start with before I spend so much money on P57. Time to start researching!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.