Physique 57 results???

ms71069

Cathlete
I'm currently in a workout funk and need to shake things up a bit with something new. Has anyone had good results using these?

I started Physique 57 about 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it. I've seen excellent results in the ab area, my hips and thighs seem a little tighter. I felt like I really needed a change. I've recently completed CLX and really enjoyed that as well. Physique 57 is very different than any workout I've done before. I wanted to see what would happen if I moved away from heavy weight training for awhile. That being said, I don't feel like there is enough upper body. Since I only have an hour a day to workout I haven't added anything in. Currently I'm doing the classic workout 3 days a week and running or some other kind of cardio for 60 minutes on the other 3. I will probably switch to circuit workouts 3x and cardio 3x starting November1. I definitely think Physique 57 is worth the money, good to help get out of a slump. Tanya Becker doesn't appeal to everyone, but I think she's a hoot. IMO I think it is worth having.

It's a barre type workout. There are 3 DVDs if you choose to buy the set. The classic which is 57 min. full body with most of the focus on lower body and abs using a barre or chair and your own body weight- very effective for the lower body. It does include some upper body a few sets of push ups, dips and bicep curls with weights. Then there's the 30 min express. I was pleasantly surprised at how much was packed into 30 min. The third DVD is arms & abs I haven't tried it yet.

I have been doing the three DVDs once a week now for 6 weeks, and I strongly recommend them. I have lost an inch on each of my thighs and an inch and one-half on my waist. My butt is much firmer as well. I think the leg and abs work is really strong, but the upper body is just maintenance at best, so I do DM and BM2 the upperbody premixes with cardio, and a Kelly C-M circuit workout. I also follow the 30 min. Physique 57 workouts with 30 min. of light cardio. I will continue this until shock cardio comes out and then I will go back to STS (I did STS from February through June) rotating with the shock cardio if I can do any of it (it may be too much impact for me). I also intend to use the Physique 57 workouts instead of the STS legs, because I didn't get any noticeable changes with STS. Never had doms, even with 60 lbs. squats in meso 3, 75 lbs. deadlifts. And I cannot do the plyo legs--bad knees.

Thanks, everyone!
I completed M1 and M2 of STS, had an car accident the week I was supposed to start M3 and haven't gotten back on track since...that was in August. After "recovering" from my wreck, we spent a week at the beach, then my kids started school, and I just never got back into my workout routine, let alone STS. I have to admit, though, that M3 didn't appeal to me so I wasn't anxious to get started with that to begin with, but now I'm just looking for something to spark some sort of interest in me again.
I have kept up with my Cardio Coach, though...Sean could convince me to do anything!!!;)
We leave for Disney on Friday. I think I'll order P57 now, and maybe it'll be here waiting for me when I return!

I have them and like the classic and express workouts. The arm one I got rid of because the instructor drove me nuts. They are good for when you want a little change from your normal ab routines.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.