personal experiences w/doorknob exercisers...

getnfit@38

Cathlete
Hi all,

You know those contraptions that have been around for ages but called everything under the sun since the 70's or 80's. You loop one end around a doorknob, and 4 cables w/pulleys are attached, and you lie on the floor with your feet in one set of pullies, and each hand in another set, and you pull your arms down to raise your legs.
Well I'm wondering what experiences any of you have ever had with one of these gadgets? pro or con?

I have one, have had it for ages, and it claims to really be good for working your abs and toning your arms, and if anyone has had some positive results with using one, I'm thinking about introducing it to my daughter as a way of getting her to do a little exercise every day. I'm thinking she may go for it since it won't require her to sweat!
So any users of this thing have any comments about it's usefulness or lack of? I've even seen it "reinvented" in the latest issue of M&F Hers with the claim that 2-5min workouts a day is all you need! I think they called their's a "body shaper." I'm just looking for something that may be an acceptable introduction into the "wonderful world of fitness" for my daughter. Once I get her hooked, watch out! :)

Donna

Fitness~ it's a journey, not a race!

I have one and I bought it from Avon. It's great for stretching and ab work. I haven't used it a lot but on the occasion when I have, it's been for those reasons. The instruction/exercise guide that comes with it isn't the best but I imagine if you worked at it you could come with some pretty innovative moves. (Now that I think about I've used it to do side leg lifts too.)

Give it a try! My daughter has used it too. She found it fun. Actually she was the main reason I bought it. I think your daughter will enjoy it and when she wants to do more she'll know who to turn to! :)

Would you believe that's how I got started exercising back in those days? My grandma bought me one for Christmas. I started using it, just for the novelty. Before too long, it just wasn't enough, and I moved up to even more beneficial types of exercise. Maybe it will be a start for your daughter, too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.