perfectpullup.com for STS?

nicolegadino

Cathlete
Morning Guys!
I just received my STS, and I am considering buying the perfectpullup package, so I can do the pullups and whatnot.

Has anyone used this or know anyone who has? I think the price looks pretty reasonable.

http://www.perfectpullup.com/

p.s. - I keep reading mixed reviews about the handles being great or breaking?

Last edited:
Morning Guys!
I just received my STS, and I am considering buying the perfectpullup package, so I can do the pullups and whatnot.

Has anyone used this or know anyone who has? I think the price looks pretty reasonable.

I'm still on the fence. I actually bought it but then returned it. I was scared of the mixed reviews. I won't need a pullup bar until September and am still shopping. I'm interested in the replies to your post.

DH bought one for us to use during STS and it's just great! Very flexible in terms of positioning -- you can do vertical pull-ups, 45-degree angled pull-ups by bracing your feet on the bottom of the doorway, or horizontal ones with your legs extended straight in front as shown by Cathe with her pull-up tower. Just takes a second to flip the bar down into the position you want. I can't do a vertical pull-up yet, but I've done both of the other positions, with and without the handles. No problems with the handles so far. I like that fact that they rotate too.

We got the deluxe version with the slings that you can put your arms through and do Roman chair leg pull-ups for the abs.

It fits in a normal doorway in such a way that the door can still be fully shut. Just took DH a few minutes to install (but then he is very handy with tools). Has very long screws and feels very stable and sturdy. Maximum weight it's held so far is 170 pounds though, so don't know how it holds up if someone is very heavy. I suppose you could put even longer screws into the door frame for more stability.

We're very pleased with it. :)

Sounds awesome. My DH wont put holes in the dorr though since we rent. :( He can fix it when we buy a house, so I am going to try and talk him into it.
Thanks!

I have the PPU and love it. I love the fact that it lowers so I can do "pull-ups" w/ my feet still on the floor. Like Brenda does in STS. When it is higher I can 2 full pull -ups/chin-ups, and three on a really good day:)

Morning Guys!

I bought mine at Walmart a few months ago on sale for 30.00 to use for STS. I love it! It works perfectly. I would definitely recommend it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.