Pentagenarians & Beyond: Week Beg: May 4

Good Morning!

No workout for me today, I have to go into work for a 4 hour team meeting. Once a year we have the people from 3 departments that work together meet in a central location on a Saturday to review procedures, get to actual see the people they work with, and we will be having a "team building" excercise. Fun huh? My weekend will start at noon today!

Garance:
Not sure if Baucus is the chief of the committee...just that it is one he is on. We wanted to get our organization in front of some of these people just so we can start to build relationships with the ones that are from the states on the northern border, which is where we all work. ( our org is the "Northern Border Customs Brokers Association). We deal with Customs at the headquarter ( DC) level and sometimes they "poo poo" our issues, so we are starting to seek other "assistance". Classes over! You can now go outside and let out a big Whoop! ( somehow I don;t picture you doing this;-) . What did you think about Mario being kicked off DWTS? I thought it would be Marissa or Jason.. I think Christian got the sympathy vote, however it was pretty brave of him to do those dances with one arm!

Linny:
I hope that you start getting back on track and can go into the water too! I feel sorry for you about her giving you something to start your period? If you are going into menopause, why start it? Maybe you have to have it to take that medication or something. I sure hope whatever it is works and you have a fun summer to look forward to!:7

Have a great day ladies!

Deb

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie--

Slept in this morning and took my usual day off from exercise. I did clean house though, and I will do some shopping this afternoon so I don't have to do it on Mother's Day. Steaks on the grill and penne alla vodka for dinner tonight with a salad. My youngest son is coming back early for Mother's Day.

Deb, I thought Mario was better than Marissa. I'm beginning to wonder if she is also getting a sympathy vote, since she really looks the least like a dancer. Your job sounds like it's related to Homeland Security (?).
Oh, Linny, I really hope this works for you. I remember how miserable you were last summer.

This morning I had GMA on while I was cleaning and one segment was about a three-year-old boy who NEVER sleeps. His parents look so beaten down and the boy is so irritable that he just keeps crying and hitting them. Apparently he had some kind of tumor putting pressure on his spinal cord in the neck, and someone finally diagnosed the problem. They removed the tumor, but now it's 50-50 that it will work. I just cringed when I thought of three years of sleeping in shifts with husband.

ttfn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.