@@ Pentagenarians & Beyond! Week Beg 4/13 @@

Good Morning!

Today is a rest day for me...however I have things to do around here before going off to our dog club Agility trial and working it this afternoon. I get to work with the "Excellent" level dogs, which are the top of the best! They are fun to watch. :D Has anyone watched this on Animal Planet or other TV stations? Usually it is sponsored by Ekanuba..

Garance:
That workout sounds good.. I would go view it over at Collage but I am really trying not to order any more fitness stuff until STS is over and done with! I think I am going to ask DH to get me the pull up thing and/or maybe weighted vest for my birthday..if and when they ever put them up for sale:) ..He keeps asking me what I want. The weather was beautiful here too yesterday.. sunny and 75!

Linny:
Let us know how you like the Leslie S dvd..I bet it felt nice being outside and doing something in the yard.. DH and I walked around ours yesterday morning just to see what's what and what is coming back etc. We have a lot of Day Lillies and other perennials. It's always fun to see "what has made it" this year. My poor Clematis was pulled out when the trellis it is on was blown over in a wind storm. We tucked it back in, but I am not sure it will be back..I won;t mind getting another one because I was not too fond of the color of this one anyway. I think you should talk over the HRT with your DR ..if it helps the hives that would be great!

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Hi Deb and Linny and Josie--

Today is my day off as well. Housecleaning this morning and class preparation this afternoon, but I think I will do some reading outside on campus. It's just too gorgeous to stay inside the whole day. We had low 80s yesterday, and it looks like that's what we'll have again today. Absolutely cloudless blue sky.

Yesterday when I got home I cleaned up my peony bed and did the survey of my perennials like you Deb. I pulled up some phlox this past fall because it always mildewed--even in full sun, for heaven's sake! My FIL, who is a really great gardener, couldn't figure it out. Anyway, I will have to replace those plants with something new--maybe more Stella D'Oro lilies or Rudebeckia.

Linny, I did start HRT when I was bleeding to death from a large fibroid (sorry to exaggerate, but it was AWFUL), in order to control both that and my hot flashes. Eventually, I had a hysterectomy by laparoscopy because the bleeding was making me so anemic. I continued to have hot flashes for another year, and then they subsided and it took me about six months to get off the Loestrin. It was a lifesaver for me. I think you have to consider HRT in terms of quality-of-life issues. I would simply not have been functioning at a decent level without it, and, I thought, why miss a couple of years of life on the hypothetical consequences of HRT? I decided not to second guess myself on this one . . . so no regrets.

I know what you mean about more fitness purchases Deb. I was tempted to buy the new Gilad DVD, but successfully resisted.

Have fun with the canine folk, Deb! Far superior to the bovines here.

Linny--you really don't have to preview Leslie. It's so elementary I think you could do it in a semi-comatose state. The James Brown bobble-head is really zany.

Good Afternoon & Happy Sunday!

Today I did an I-Climb Circuit workout that is designed for the Eliptical. I subbed the treadmill instead and actually enjoyed it much more. The total workout is 40 minutes and you spend 20 on the cardio machine, in 5 minute sections, then you get off and do weight work, which ends up hitting every body part.

The Agility show was a lot of fun yesterday...makes me want another dog even more. I used to show Kelsey in Agility, but she was kind of slow because I started her very late and she had so much obedience training, it was hard to get her to run without me being along side of her.

I spent most of the morning doing laundry, cleaning etc and getting ready to leave for Memphis in the morning. I still have to pack.x(

Garance:
Don't you like looking at the garden and imagining how pretty it will look in a couple of months? ..Hopefully we will have good weather next weekend and I will be able to spend some time out there.

Linny:
I hope you were able to try that Leslie DVD this weekend!

Josie: keep us posted on your recovery.

Have a great day...

Deb

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie--

This morning I did 4ds Kickbox with legs and abs (70 min.).Cycling back into 4ds again.

Just plain beautiful here today, although we could sure use some rain to help things grow and wet down the dust, which is flying.

I hope your trip goes well and you have no trouble with flying, which seems to be a common problem these days.

Yes, I look at my gardens and cannot wait for things to get green. DH also rototilled the vegetable garden today. I am a nut about homegrown tomatoes.

Starshine had her calf in the middle of the night, so now there are 4. Francine has been moved up into the "maternity ward," so maybe when I get back this evening, there will be another. Celeste is the last one up.

Hi Ladies:
Deb:I finally got into the flower garden this weekend.Did some raking today and do finishing touches tomorrow.I was very surprised that a mini rose bush made it through the winter.I do not have a green thumb.I too have many daylillies,I think its because they are hard to kill.
Garance:Wow it sounds like you do have a maternity ward there.Are you expecting 6 calves this spring? About the HRT,were you still having hot flashes even when on the Loestrin? I plan on calling my OB/GYN tomorrow and see what they think.My insurance isn;t effective till May 1st though.I have not had a period yet this month and am worried. The last time this happened I had the "Red Sea" the next month. I didn't get to do Leslie this weekend but plan on tomorrow. I lost my watch yesterday and was pretty bummed out.It was a gift from DH and not a cheap one.Went to movie today and a lady brought it to the concession stand yesterday after we left..I was so happy,I plan on getting a couple of movie tickets and hopefully the next time she comes in they will give them to her.
Deb,if we don't hear from you tomorrow,have a safe trip!
Josie:Hope you are staying safe~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.