Pentagenarians & Beyond! Week Beg 1/25

Day before Friday...

Good Morning, I think,

I slept in today, no workout, and I feel pretty sluggish. I woke up at 3:53 and should have just gotten up...so, no workout today.

STS came yesterday, wow a lot to digest. The book is pretty nice but a lot to read!

Josie, glad you got some sleep and you are doing great in the workout department with all that cardio!

Garance, we did get hit with about 6-8 inches of snow..ugh..DH needs to clear out the back so we can open the back door ..right now it opens about 10 inches, and the dogs have to slink out!

Joan, I agree that ShovelMax is a good workout and you should not have to do another one! Nice that you think about your elderly neighbor. My Dad has nice neighbors like you too! They are farmers though and have big tractors etc with plows, so they do his driveway all the time, and even brush off his car when they do their own.

Linny, I hope you were better than me today and are off on your eliptical as I am typing!

Gotta run...I am getting a late start today, have a good day!

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Joan--

This morning I did Kelly C-M's bis, tris, and sh together with 2 miles with Leslie (60 min.). I guess it's time to retire this DVD since I expect my STS will arrive today and I will start the first mesocycle next week.

No ballroom dancing again last night because of the weather. What an ugly mess--the snow turned to sleet to freezing rain to just plain rain, so the snow is like a massive sno cone. I stayed home yesterday because it didn't seem worth it to fight the weather and cleaned one of my closets. Found several items to take to a consignment shop, so maybe I will pick up a bit of extra cash.

I like the way you sneak in all those workouts over the course of a day, Josie. I'm too fixated on the idea of getting it done early and then just working at my sedentary scholarly pace. Maybe if I did even 20 min. more it would add to my calorie burn. I have lost a half-pound from cutting back one glass of wine in the evening, so if I added a bit more aerobics. .. . I'll think about it.

DH does all the snow-shoveling and plowing around here because he has all the equipment and has to get out early in the morning. I don't, but I do remember the shoveling days, and that was excellent exercise, Joan.

Back to my writing.

Hi Ladies,

Today is my cardio day and will try to do one hour at the gym. Tomorrow I will do ME again. My muscles felt tired in a good way, I like this DVD.

I just got back from lunch, met my DD at Chilis. This was unexpected but nice.
Her second class was canceled.

Josie

Hi Ladies:
Wow that was quite the little snowstorm yesterday.We got 7 inches then it rained and freezed over.Of course the road grader went by after all the rain so this morning woke up to iceberg in front of mailbox.My husband tried using an icepick but not much luck.
Deb:I bet you are counting the days down to 2/8.I know I would be.A nurse that I work with said she just bought tickets for Florida and she only paid $80 one way.What a Deal,I wish I had the time to take off.And yes I was on my elliptical this morning.
Garance:I do love to bake!My DH was the one who requested the blueberry pie and had to make the man happy.If I could stay home I probably would be a big fat cow.Cooking,eating,cooking...
JoanC:LOL on Shovelmax.I read less estrogen makes it harder to lose the belly fat though.I do hope it shrinks your fibroids.Good luck with your tax work.
Josie:Did you wake up 5 pounds lighter?DS and I went to Chilis last week.I love their Sante Fe rolls.Give me anything spicy,yumm!
Have a great night Ladies~Linny~

Good evening/morning everyone,

Finally got 5 miles in for Thursday. I almost started dvd for Friday but decided I better get back to my last set of w-2's. If I hadn't had to reconcile the bank for the last 6 months it would have been a little faster.
She uses a computer program in her business and she can't figure out why I reenter everything and don't use her totals. She puts in duplicate check numbers and I know she has to override the program to do that. One of her employees has 8 outstanding payroll checks and I know she hasn't given the checks to the employee. Those will have to be voided. At least when I'm done the w-2's will be correct.

It looks like I was the lucky one with the snow. At least I didn't have ice afterwards.

My sts should be here Monday.:D

Back to work.

Joan

TGIF!

Good Morning!

Finally Friday! It has been one loooong week..No workout today, another sluggish morning where I did not want to get up...We got more snow last night, when DH had done all the snow blowing yesterday, and when I got home from the hair place, I had to slog through it all, again.

We are going to a play tomorrow nightm called " Is He Really Dead?"...a comedy I am looking forward to. Any plans for the weekend?

Garance, I wish I was starting the first mesocycle with you...that would have been fun. Will you be starting on Sunday? Good for you for making the weather make you productive in getting a closet cleaned!

Josie, your day sounds like it was fun!

LInny, Keep up your elipitica work! Send some of that energy this way please??

Joan, that client sounds kind of strange...umm should she be running a business? I guess her ineptitude pays off for you if you charge her by the hour!

Stay warm ladies...!

Good Morning Ladies,

Another day without a work out, I could not get up this morning either. Tomorrow I will be running on my treadmill in the AM and then will go to San Diego to pick up my peanut.

We are going to see Thomas the train at the Nokia theatre. It is supposed to be like a circus. I took him to see Walking with Dinesaurs so he asked my if Thomas had teeth.
He also called me yesterday morning and asked me if I could pick him up from school, he sounded so sad when I told him that I had to work. I felt like jumping on the freeway and heading to SD.

Linny, the 5lbs are still hanging on to my butt. I like the elliptical also, it's a great workout.

Deb, enjoy the play.

Garace, did you go dancing?

Joan, do you work on the weekends during tax season?

Have a great weekend ladies.

Josie

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Joan--

This morning I did AOS Providence (50 min.).

Yep, I'm starting STS on Sunday. I will do disk one with one of the abs routines. I already know I will have to modify the legs one on Thursday, and I am guesstimating the 60 % rm on most of the upperbody stuff. Deb, I am going to repeat each week, so maybe we can coincide the second week? I will still do my AOS Providence on Fridays, Kelly C-M's Kickbox on Mondays, and either a step workout or Leslie on Wednesdays. That's my plan. I will also throw in another abs routine on one of those days.

Slumdog Millionaire is finally here, so that's on the docket for tomorrow. DH of course is going to watch the big football game on Sunday and we will be having pizza. No party this year, because it's not the Pats or the Giants playing.

You know what I find irritating?? Trying to find a funny valentine for DH that doesn't involve cartoon animal figures. What is it with that stuff? It's either totally serious mush that makes your mind go mush or cutesy animals cavorting about. You spend a half-hour reading all of them and not finding a single one that sounds pitch-perfect for your DH.

Back to my writing.

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Garance,

No work out today. I started out the day with a sore throat. I think it's better tonight.

We went out for dinner tonight. Tomorrow we will eat out with friends and Sunday with my son's family. I think I will skip weigh in Monday.

Deb - client is a dentist I guess she doesn't need to know how to write a check.

Josie - I work 7 days a week for the 10-11 weeks of tax season. The rest of the year I only work 1 week a month with business clients. I see clients from 9:00am until 8:00pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and Saturday from 10:00am until 2:00pm. The rest of the time I actually do the tax returns. Lucky you to see Thomas the Train. I haven't seen Elliot for two weeks and am having withdrawal.

Garance - My sts is only 5 miles away but won't be delivered until Monday. I'm still trying to decide what days to do sts.

Hi Linny.

Have a good weekend everyone,

Joan

Where is everybody?

Appointments start in an hour and I have some work to finish up first.
The only time today I have to wo is from 2pm until 3pm, so wish me luck that happens.

We have reservations at a hotel tonight after the dinner with friends. Tomorrow will be a late check in for me.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.