Pentagenarians & Beyond: WB 11/1

This morning I did Rev’d Up Rumble for 41 minutes and 305 calories burned. My average heart rate was 134 and maximum heart rate was 160.

Cathy, nice work with LiTE Pyramid Pump Upper Body and Perfect 30 Bonus Core and P30 Yoga.

Diane Sue, I think that there is only one core bonus. If you look at the User Guide, the moves are the same. I still need to try the shorter Perfect Flow premixes.

Valerie, great job with Stacked Sets Upper Body. It is a very straight forward workout. Perfect Pump is too, but it does take a lot of different weights. Hopefully your husband will try the Mobility Basics workout.

Hello to Judy, Deb, and Lori.

I did Live Iron Legs this morning. Very thorough workout, but my back didn't like a couple of the moves. Fortunately, I adapted a bit and it didn't continue to bother me. After that I did the Mobility workout.

Diane Sue, Carolyn beat me to it, but there is only one Bonus Core for Perfect 30, it's just on multiple disks. Glad it didn't take you too long to vote, too bad you weren't able to get a workout in. I, too, would love to find something natural to help me sleep, but nothing I've tried really works.

Valerie, I don't drink coffee, well I tasted my Mom's once as a kid and was just totally put off by the taste. I drank a lot of ice tea growing up though. Took me until I was almost 30 to figure out that drinking even the tea after noon, kept me awake at night. I'm super sensitive to caffeine. OTOH my Mom drinks at least 4 cups of coffee a day, the last one at 8 p.m. My brother is the same way.

Carolyn that's an excellent calorie burn for that workout!

Yesterday I did Live Iron Legs and Muscle Meltdown Triceps. This morning I did Jessica Smith Walk On 6 Mile Mix.

Deb-It's good to take a break from working out. I'm sorry about the sleep. I have gone through long periods of not being able to sleep well and it's rough. I still have some bad nights but I usually can get between 6-7 hours.

Carolyn-Great job with Rev'd Up Rumble. I need to do that one soon.

Cathy-Nice job with Iron Legs! I'm sorry that a couple of the moves bothered your back.

Diane Sue-I saw the preview for Live #320 Hocus Pocus and it looked like a lot of fun. That's good that it didn't take too long to vote.

Valerie-Nice workouts yesterday! I can't sleep when it's light out either.

Hi to Lori!

Today I did Cathe Live Metabolic #317 Lower Body, 57 minutes, (53 actual) heart rate 106/136,194 calories, 2,406 steps. I then did Perfect 30 mix yoga strength and flexibility +mobility basics core focus, 32 minutes(30 actual as I added a bit more stretch since it just sort of stops), heart rate 88/106, 164 steps, 43 calories. Total time was 89 minutes, 2,570 steps, 237 calories. I liked the lower body metabolic workout. Cathe did not do so many overhead options and I modified some of them.

Cathe Live #317 10/8/2020 54 minutes, 8,10,12,15 # dumbbells
Metabolic Lower Body #317 Cathe Live
8:14 minutes warm up moves

Side to side sumo 15# dumbbell
Right lunge pulses then left 15# dumbbell
repeat

Squat knee lift 10# dumbbells
Alternating rear lunge curl press 8# dumbbells
Repeat

Squat/deadlift 15# dumbbells 8 reps
Hop squats rear lunge 10# dumbbell
Repeat

Touch down knee lift right 10# then 12 reps left 12 reps then left (Cathe 15# second rnd with no overhead press knee up)
Explosive side to side 10# dumbbell
Repeat

Alternating cross back lunge curl press 12# dumbbells
Wide stance hop 8# dumbbells 12 reps
Repeat

Side lunge overhead press 12# dumbbell 10 reps
Squat toss 10# dumbbell 24 reps 2nd round 32 reps(unless I miscounted)
Repeat

Front lunge 12# dumbbell 12 reps
Step out squat body weight
Repeat

Side to side pickups 10# dumbbells 12 reps
No weight rear lunge 16 reps hop together right 16 left
Repeat

Sumo squat/cross back lunge 12# dumbbell 10 reps right then left
Marching sumo 15# dumbbell 32 reps
Repeat

Calf raise 15# dumbbells 24 reps
Single deadlift 5 reps right then 5 left
repeat

stretch

Valerie, when I have two cups of strong coffee I have so much more energy when I work out and I seem to get better workout results, but I guess I am a slow metabolizer as it seems to stay with me all day into the evening. I do it occasionally just because I need the energy to get through the day. I really do like the mobility workout. The mix that I did today though was a lot of plank moves involved. I like both workouts though on their own. Some of the premixes I have done seem to just stop and leave you hanging when I feel like a relaxed ending stretch should be added or something.

Carolyn, you are right, there is only one core bonus. I was just looking at the premixes and checked today and the option was adding the core from mobility or the bonus core to a workout. So, that was a choice that made me think there might be two as one directly built into one of the yoga workouts. Anyway, it is just adding switching out part of a workout or adding the bonus in place of it. Kind of confusing.
Nice work with Rev'd up and Rumble today.

Cathy, I knew there was only one bonus core workout. I guess I was not clear on what I was talking about. I am sensitive to most stuff. I start with smaller doses of supplements and meds to see how they will make me feel and usually keep the dose on the lower side. I used to drink tea growing up too. ashwagandha and sometimes reishi mushroom seems to help when I am experiencing anxiety over something and wake up not being able to sleep at all. I do not use it all of the time though. Those sleep supplements from Vital Proteins both seem to give me a headache. Particularly the melatonin one. It goes away, but not nice waking up couple of hours into getting in bed with a throbbing headache. I never could understand how someone could drink coffee all day long and sleep at night. I used to see my younger daughter drink coffee before bed and I guess she slept.

Judy nice workout choices. Iron legs is a good workout. I felt it for several days after I did it.

I ran on the treadmill for a mile and a quarter, then did the mobility workout, it's very nice. I'm pretty flexible by this standard but it is enjoyable, like yoga without the poses. I felt pleasantly stretched out after. tried to get DH to try it. he said he would and then didn't.

I always loved coffee. I am a slow metabolizer too, and noon is about as late as I will drink any caffeine and most days, my shutdown is earlier. I don't like sweet coffee. a little skim milk or black. I never could drink caffeine later in the day. my mother put milk and saccharine in hers. I tasted it only once. yech! she only used instant decafe. I dont think my father ever drank coffee at all. coffee smells so good, LOVE the smell, tried it and liked it. I love mocha flavor in ice cream and dessert things but no sugar in my coffee. tea is tough for me. occasionally I will have a cup but overall I don't like tea, herbal or otherwise. I don't like sweet drinks no matter what.

more success with the instant pot! made some soup on the stovetop.. decided to cook pinto beans to add to it. wow!. dry beans to cooked beans in about 30 min with zero fuss. I rinsed the pot, cooked some penne for DH's soup. he likes noodles in soup (I like kale), so made him some noodles. cooked in a minute. I could get attached to this IP. I've been using canned beans since I don't like long cooking or soaking times but this is a game changer.

I made a point of looking for dry beans. they are back. bought a large bag of pinto beans. unfortunately most farro has gone missing. must have gotten too popular. I prefer barley in soup but for grain salads farro is better.

Last edited:
This morning I did Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT which was 30 minutes with 212 calories burned. My average heart rate was 128 and maximum heart rate was 152.

Cathy, great job with Live Iron Legs and Mobility Basics. Iron Legs seems to be very popular.

Judy, you and Cathy chose the same workout! Great job with that, Muscle Meltdown Triceps, and JS Walk On 6 Mile Mix.

Diane Sue, nice work with Cathe Live Metabolic Lower Body and Perfect Flow Yoga and Mobility premix. It makes sense that the core focused premix would have a lot of planks.

Valerie, good job with the treadmill and Mobility Basics. I’m glad that the instant pot is meeting your needs. Dried beans in 30 minutes is great. The grocery store where I routinely shop doesn’t carry farro. There are two stores where I can usually find it. Sometimes it’s Bob’s Red Mill and other times it’s an Italian imported brand. I love farro in soups, salads, stews, and even risotto.

Hello to Deb and Lori. Have a wonderful day everyone.

No workout today as I went shopping and had another broken night of sleep. Fall asleep, wake up to use the bathroom, lay back down and...hello world what shall we think about for the next few hours. Somehow I still managed 5 hours while being awake for 2. I'm still hoping to do at least a short yoga today.

And I can attest to the fact that Iron Legs is effective. Ouch! LOL

My Mom did switch to a coffee maker years ago, but for most of her life it was just instant coffee black. My Dad drank coffee when he was working, but he prefers tea. I noticed today at Whole Foods that there stock of dried beans, and other dried foods was looking a lot fuller today. Hopefully, things will all get back closer to normal.

Judy great workouts! Did Iron Legs leave you going Ouch?

Diane Sue nice workout combo. I haven't tried doing any of the premixes that combine the yoga and mobility. And you felt Iron Legs for multiple days, well at least I'll be prepared tomorrow to feel it while kickboxing. Note to self following leg day with kickboxing is not always a good thing.

Valerie sorry to hear your husband didn't end up trying the workout. I'd like to hear what a guy things about item since they are typically much tighter. Great that you are enjoying the Instant Pot. It makes things so easy, and for me cleanup so much better. I am the queen of boiling things over, so for me that is about the biggest plus with the IP. LOL

Carolyn great workout choose when you want something short! Years ago if you'd have told me low impact could be that intense I'd have laughed.

Today after spending 2 hours trying to figure out how to unsubscribe to another gamer youtube and messing with my settings to not let someone subscribe or purchase without my password. They sure do not make it easy and at the moment my Google account has no financial set up to pay for anything. Then I had to go to paypal to stop any recurring payments. How in the world do you keep young kids from purchasing. He insists he did not push subscribe. I told him maybe he did it accidentally. He is always putting his fingers on the buttons on the touch screen computer. Even during zoom. He discovered he can mute the teacher o_O Then I think he did something to the laptop because it said locking. I shut it down before it locked whatever it was trying to lock. It is okay since I tried rebooting. Anyway, school work was light thankfully and the teacher could not get on zoom today.
I did Perfect 30 Timesaver Low Impact Hiit+bonus pyramid step cardio+ extended stretch, 47 minutes, heart rate 118/155, 209 calories, 3,897 steps. I then did Perfect 30 Perfect Pump timesaver back and biceps, 16 minutes, 45 calories, heart rate 102/116, 381 steps. Total time was 63 minutes, 254 calories, 4,278 steps.
Perfect Pump back and biceps
Pullover 15# dbs 10 reps 2 sets
one arm row 30# db 12 reps 2 sets
bent over clutch row 20# dbs 10 reps (I don't really like doing this with two Bowflex weights) Maybe I should load up one a 40#. They are uncomfortable and bulky for this move
posture pulls with tubing
rapid row toss 25# dumbbell alternating hands 20 reps so 10 each hand
standing sweeper curls 17.5# dbs 8 reps
clutch curls 15# dbs 10 reps
Biceps curls drop sets
#1 15 lb dbs 10 reps
#2 12# dbs 10 reps
#3 10# dbs 10 reps

Valerie, I am glad that you are enjoying your instant pot. I always liked barley in soups. Never noodles though. It seems I had a box of farro that hung around my house for several years and I never even tried it. I don't think I have ever eaten it before. I had purchased items for a budget friendly vegan cookbook and did not use all of the items. I used to drink tea all of the time and graduated to some instant coffee for years because my husband did not like the smell of coffee. He bought me my latest coffee maker. I was using french press before. I like a mocha flavor without sugar in it. I do not like sugar in my tea or coffee. I only drink tea occasionally. Usually winter when I feel like a decaf cup in the evenings to warm up. I finally kicked the cream and half and half out of the house. Just 1 Tbs of a Nut pod creamer or even some milkadamia milk. Finally getting my taste changed. Also it works best with really strong coffee. I think I might have went for the cream because the coffee did not have enough taste.
I love Chamelon Cold Brew Mocha concentrate coffee. No sugar. The only thing is I want more than one serving. I finally made myself quit buying it. I love kale in soups. The chicken curry soup I make a lot calls for spinach and I put kale in it. I just made some more and my granddaughter said it is her favorite. She scoops out chunks of kale first as she really likes it that way. It says you can serve it over rice, but I always just eat it as is.

Carolyn, you did the same workout today except I did a longer mix. Funny how we used to be pretty much the same on he burns and heart rates till I got this new watch. And I felt good with my burn today after some of the ones around 150. Nice calorie burn for the 30 minutes.

Cathy, that sounds like my sleep last night. And I also woke up coughing looking for my water and I forgot to take it with me when I went to bed. I hope your sleep is better tonight. Kickboxing is always a little rough after a hard lower body workout.

No workout for me today since I had an early dental appointment. I knew that I wouldn’t have time this morning.

Diane Sue, I remember that we usually have similar numbers from Fitbit. I’m not sure what changed, but I don’t think it’s the way that you or I work out. It’s frustrating to have data that doesn’t seem accurate.

Hello to Cathy, Valerie, Deb, Lori, and Judy. Have a good day everyone.

This morning I did Live Low Impact Kickboxing, Hiit and Core. It's a really good workout. Two rounds of kickboxing combo followed by 3 Hiit exercises repeated and finishing with core. 49 min, ave bpm 134/max 168 and burned 231 calories. Followed that by some stretching on my own and using a tennis ball to loosen some areas up. Wish I had thought to do it a long time ago. I did it yesterday, too. My mid back, upper back and shoulders have been really tight for weeks and it's feeling a bit better now. Plus my legs from Iron Legs and my triceps are STILL sore from Tuesday's Pyramid Pump!

It is absolutely gorgeous here today. After our really brutal Sunday with cold and winds, it's turned nice this week with temps around 70 and it's sunny again today. Been conversing with the boys about their return. They are planning to come home the day before Thanksgiving. Can't do it sooner because Nick has an in person exam on Tuesday. Then Nick announced to me last night that because of his internship he wants to go back early in January. He feels starting sooner will help give him a feel for what grad school program would be the best fit. Which means him going back up by himself, and one of us having to take Derek back. That is generally the trip, my husband gets because the weather is rarely good, but at least he'll have more leeway on travel dates to choose the best one.

Valerie sorry to hear you are having trouble posting. Guess I will copy this before I try to post it in case I have issues, too!

Diane Sue those darn gaming sites are way to easy to subscribe, I hope you got it figured out. My youngest had no fear of trying things with our computer, but fortunately, he wasn't messing with it online. And, in case, discovered how to do so many things I never knew it could do and still don't understand how he does. That sounds like a great Perfect 30 premix. I haven't played around with those yet, except for the yoga/mobility ones.

Carolyn I hope things went well at the dentist. I have to go next month. Love my dentist, hate going. And because of COVID we all basically skipped a cleaning that was supposed to happen early summer. Boys are coming home to dentist, doctor and eye doctor appointments. I'm sure they are thrilled. LOL

no idea why I couldn't post this morning. I had something all typed up and then it kept saying "oops" etc. even though i tried to put the post in a new window more than once.

anyway ran on treadmill late yesterday, 1.25. DH tried the motion dvd but just clicked play and ran the wrong workout. :rolleyes: said it was too hard and too fast but he didn't do the second one I had told him to try. oh well... next time. women are usually much more flexible
this morning we mt biked for an hour. up to the top of the tree farm and then right back down. its been went here and they have done some logging. what a muddy mess. did not try to do trails even though they are open another couple days, but it was just too sloppy. what used to take 90 min now takes 60 and we were not even rushing. pretty cold too but mostly it was squirrely from all the mud and ruts from recent logging.

I like kale a lot when lightly cooked, like in soup. just Ok for salads. I still have a fair amount of kale on my plants. they will grow slowly all winter if I don't use most of the leaves and I will plant more in spring. I have some young plants that started in fall, but they aren't big enough to pick from yet.

we took down the wallpaper we put up in spring in the remodeled powder room. it was good for about a month and then started retracting along seam lines and popping up especially in corners. a total waste of time and money. if you ever do wall paper, stay away from "peel and stick". it was the main type of paper available thru Lowes and HD but it is a poor quality product. we did the proper wall preparation, and it has not stuck well since day one. not even a bathroom with a shower and steam. I will write a scathing review if I can still find the product on their sites. this was not a problem room and had wallpaper before we replaced it. we are going to put on a layer to smooth the wall, and then paint it. enough.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Overload #2, 36 minutes, heart rate 133/209??, 205 calories, 3,378 steps. I like this one although I wish it had better music instead of some that is in Slow and Heavy. I wore my 4 # vest. Vest and step are optional for this one and Kelly wears a 6# vest. It has some boxing, but none that ever seems to really bother me much, and the first 11 minutes has no punching. For some reason upper cuts do not affect my neck and trap area. I then did Walk Strong #3, Boogie IT 29 minutes, 155 calories, heart rate 127/168, 2,938 steps. I finished with Perfect 30 timesaver mobility basics strength, 12 minutes 17 calories, heart rate 88/106, 25 steps. Total time was 77 minutes, 377 calories, 6,341 steps.

Carolyn, today my Fitbit started out high. I knew it was not right, but after awhile it settled down. It is so fickle. It also seems whenever they are working on selling a new device the numbers get better for awhile and then they drop back off while they are tweaking. I may be wrong. that is how I see it. A device that does not work well can turn into a selling problem. I have read so many of their explanations on how to get accuracy and they do not help.

Cathy, nice work with CL today. I liked that one. It was a nice mix of stuff so no time for boredom. I think we often wait to long to work out the knots and get stretching in. My back was sore and right hip this morning. Working out and stretching helps a lot. I did stretching before, when I got up, and then the stretch following adding a bit more to stretch the hip flexors and did the thread the needle move for my upper back and shoulders. I was going to do Perfect 30 Pump mix chest, shoulders, and triceps today, but felt I might not be ready for that yet. It took awhile for recovery from Iron legs for me. I tend to have doms that hits hard later.
I bet you will love having the boys home. Sorry one has to go back early. We are doing our Thanksgiving dinner a week from Sunday so everyone in the family can come. My husband has to work 12 hours 3 days in a row and that includes Thanksgiving. Same thing is happening with Christmas which will be at my daughters out in the country. She likes doing Christmas and always goes all out. But, the children are all becoming adults and the married one is going to be out of town with her husband's family. The other is going to Colorado or something to be with her boyfriends family so we work around it. Well, my 6 year old grandson is learning pretty quickly. I wanted him to be able to get on the computer himself(after I log in) and find his classes and lessons. We have to use the school tablet for zoom. No matter what I do I cannot get the computer to work with zoom unless it is for something separate that they send out a pass code and zoom number for. School classroom is a repeating meeting, so I do not have those numbers. We have zoom at 9 and 1 generally. The more he knows how to do on his own the better as I spend so much time with it and helping him. I think I got it stopped on the purchases. At least I hope so as Google no longer has a credit source in the play store and that includes youtube. I will have to reinstate it later when I need it. I do not purchase much using Google and have never purchased anything through youtube.

Valerie, we did that before when we got sick of trying to get wallpaper to stay up. We just textured and painted the walls. One house we put up some sort of paintable paneling, but that is because by the time we got done trying to get the wallpaper off the wall we would have had to change the wallboard. That was in an entry way though. Sorry your wallpaper did not hold up. I remember how you liked it when you put it up. The recipe I used for the curry soup had you cook the soup, then release the steam and
add the kale and coconut milk ( I just use nut milk a lot of the time) I put it on saute for a couple of minutes and turn it off.

Good morning ladies!

Workouts have been consistent, Perspriology, walks and a couple of the new Perfect 30 workouts. I did the lower impact and the yoga and the upper Bonus. I liked the lower impact but won’t be something I do frequently. Maybe when I travel. Today the plan is Live Iron legs and a quick bounce as a finisher...then of course walk GiGi. Thursday evening during my walk, I was able to see the space launch. Was so unexpected and very cool. While walking along the lake a neighbor stopped me and mentioned if I wait a minute I would see it. Glad I waited, I loved it. Got home and my husband was ....oh man, you just missed the launch...I laughed, no I didn’t!!! Showed him my phone with video and pictures..he was bummed he was not walking with me!

When I miss posting a few days I am always enjoy scrolling thru and looking at everyone’s workouts. you ladies always amaze me!

I am not embarrased to say I am totally addicted to coffee. Absolutely, need my coffee in the morning to feel human! I do not use a Kcup machine...I like to grind my beans fresh. I drink my coffee black and love I am able to control the strength, can’t do this with Kcups. No matter the brand of Kcup I used, I did not find the coffee to be flavorful.

Iron legs sure is a great lowerbody workout. I bought the download to add to my collection.

Valerie....sounds like the instant pot is a hit for you!!! Between this and our airfryer, we pretty much use my oven to store I pots and pans! sorry about posting...that has happened to me before. So frustrating!

Judy...I left my spin bike behind in Massachusetts. I really did not use it as much as I thought I would and there would be no space here anyways. My son is loving it! He had to buy a gel seat for it though. After a couple of days he had a hard time sitting down! Lol!! Glad he is getting some use out of it.

I will catch up more tomorrow. Have a great day all!

some pictures of the launch I took....

Attachments

• 0EE2851A-602A-496C-ABE9-D909348624A2.jpeg
    0EE2851A-602A-496C-ABE9-D909348624A2.jpeg
    339.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 102C2696-B448-441B-9A58-AD5ADA06E039.jpeg
    102C2696-B448-441B-9A58-AD5ADA06E039.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 0CED7D78-AAC1-444A-BCBF-B502C97D6A42.jpeg
    0CED7D78-AAC1-444A-BCBF-B502C97D6A42.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 5
Lori that is gorgeous!. I used to be so excited about the space program when I was a kid. used to watch every televised one. gradually got less exciting but seeing it in person would be so much better. tee hee.. spinning doesn't let you sit on the seat very much of the time! have him try a Cathe spin workout. he will spend most of the time popping up and down or hovering over. in a way mt biking is similar. you don't spend much time sitting and change posture constantly, so a harder, less in-the-way seat is better.
yes IP is going to be more useful than I thought. I never seriously considered one until I thought about it for helping with "elevation" cook times. I don't need to use something every day to make it worthwhile to have. going to make lentil sop for lunch today so I can start it at 11:30 and have it done in time.

we grind our own coffee too. we want espresso grind. starbucks didn't always grind it fine enough. if its coarse, it doesnt taste like anything so we grind our own now.

diane sue we liked the paper at first because it added subdued pattern to the room. we were used to wallpaper since it was papered from 30 years ago. that was the regular paste type paper. I thought wow, peel and stick sounds so great... of course..... it needed to stay "stuck"! it did not. you apply pressure to the paper as it goes up to butt the seam edges together. they didn't stay in place either. we were getting vertical lines between strips of paper where the wallboard showed thru. not all but some. basically it is a total failure. we need to skim coat the walls, then texture, then prime and paint. done with paper!.

This morning I did STS Total Body. My time was 1 hour 17 minutes with 309 calories burned. Average heart rate was 110 and maximum heart rate was 152.

Cathy, great job with Live Low Impact Kickboxing HiiT and Core. Using the tennis balls for stretching the hard to reach places was smart. I have Jill Miller’s Yoga Tune-Up dvds and therapy balls. They are very helpful.

Valerie, I can see how your husband would not care for the Yoga Flow workout. Have you looked at any of the Jane Adams Gentle Yoga for him? She moves slower with very clear instructions. I think you can view them on Amazon Prime. I bought the dvd for my husband, but I really like it for myself also.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Cardio Overload, WS3 Boogie It, and P30 Mobility Basics premix.

Lori, you are doing a great job keeping up with your workouts. Your description of your love for coffee is exactly how I feel about it! I want good freshly ground coffee and I like to control the brew. That’s so exciting that you saw the space launch. The pictures are great.

Hello to Deb and Judy.

This morning I did the IMAX workout I created. 59 minutes, ave bpm 131, max 164 and burned 275 calories. Then I did the 20 minute mobility premix.

Years ago I did a lot of borders in the house, but then took them down when I repainted and never did new ones. I used the ones that you get wet and they all stayed really well. But, I never wanted to do all that work again.

Valerie sorry to hear your husband didn't like the workout. What one did he try? The Yoga?

Diane Sue my Fitbit has joined in the weirdness. Last night it didn't track my sleep at all, even though it tracked my heart rate. Too bad your husband has to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas. My Dad decided once his kids started living on their own, that we would do Christmas the Sunday before Christmas. He had dealt with years and years of needing to go to my grandparents Christmas Eve, and didn't want us to deal with what he did. Which equated to most Christmas eves being late nights as he'd have to come home and put presents together. LOL We still do that, but we aren't getting together this year for either Holiday.

Lori how cool that you got to see the space watch. I'm like Valerie I haven't watched in years. I was at work, but I think the Challenger launch was really the last one I listened to, we got to have radios and mostly listened to TV stations. Consistency with workouts is so key, and you are getting in a good variety.

Lentil soup is successful. just winged it and turned out just like on the stovetop. not a lot of difference in prep time
oh my ....the challenger launch was the last one I saw.
Cathy.... he doesnt like yoga. I wish hed pay attention as I know that and specified goping to the second column and playing the mpbility workout. maybe another day. I thought the plain mobility workout would be perfect for him, and would give him some gentle range of motion work that was directed. he has pain in one shoulder that I think he should see orthopedics for, just to get imaging or a diagnosis. a good orthopod can tell a lot thru a physical exam andf seeing what hurts and where. maybe a cortisone shot. it worked wonders for me. he never had a clear injury so I doubt a rotator cuff tear or something like that.
I remember those strips around the top of the wall/ceiling border. another way to learn your walls and corners aren't straight!. we are done with this and paint will be our friend.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Body Fit #1 , 45 minutes( I did the warm up to Body Fit 2 and was unsure I wanted to do it) 237 calories, heart rate 131/171, 3009 steps. I then decided that maybe I would do Body Fit 2 and just two rounds, but kept going on it. This was 37 minutes without the warm up, heart rate 127/157, 178 calories, 2005 steps. Total time was 82 minutes,415 calories, 5,014 steps. I feel like my Fitbit was pretty accurate today, but wonder at the change and if it will stay. Body Fit two is tough in that you spend a lot of time doing moves like monkey crawl, frog to the floor, dolphin push ups, things that have you up and down and they are not easy moves in my opinion. I pushed hard on these and did full jacks instead of the modified version. I got a really good workout in.
I did not get a lot of things from Whole Foods that I ordered today so had to go out to the store. Trying to get things together for family Thanksgiving next weekend. They did not have pecans or hazelnuts that I had ordered which was weird. Then they I only got two of 6 bottle of kombucha tea, not beef stir fry strips(don't they have a butcher shop?) There was a lot of things and

Lori, that is awesome that you got pictures of the launch. I bet that was fun. It sounds like you are really enjoying life in Florida.

Valerie, I remember putting up stick up border in my daughters' room and it was always coming down. I just finally took it down. I fell them same way about using something. If I used it several times a month I would be glad I purchased it. If it sits in the cabinet months on end, it is hardly worth having. Right now the 4 slice toaster and George Forman Grill that I use fore rare waffles are large items that I keep thinking I just need to downside to a small waffle iron and a 2 slice toaster and get rid of those huge items that have to sit on a shelf in the laundry cabinet. I generally do not want to go to the bother of dragging the toaster out to make a piece of toast. I was thinking about this when I made my grandson waffles yesterday because he didn't want Eggo chocolate chip ones. I don't know why as he ate a whole box of them a few weeks ago.

Carolyn, nice work one STS Total Body.

Cathy, our family has gotten together on the actual day for years, but as we expanded and jobs have changed it is just not feasible anymore. My older daughter did Christmas Eve with her in laws and Christmas with us, and my son's family had her family's get togethers on Christmas eve as well as she did it at her house. Things have changed a lot. It is my older daughter and me that tries to keep pulling the family gatherings and holidays together. Nice work on your I Max mix ;) My Fitbit has done that with the sleep before. It is just so flakey. I have to restart the phone in the mornings to get my sleep to show up as it will not sync. Then a lot of the time later when I work out and I try to sync the workout it won't show till I do it several times.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.