Pentagenarians & Beyond! W/B July 13!

fox2star

Cathlete
Hi,

Well Linny I guess it is you and me unless Josie checks in after her vacation.

I did an I-Train circuit workout today, where you alternate between cardio and weights, using any cardio equipment. 5 minutes on the treadmill, then super setting weights for 5 minutes, then the treadmill again etc. It is 40 minutes total.

I think you should look into going back to the other facility, as long as you are not working under that nasty director! Closer to home is good too especially with the price of gas.

Kelsey did fine at the vet, once we got in the actual exam room. She is a basket case in the waiting room for some reason, not anything to do with the other animals either.

I hope you are having a relaxing time at the lake.

Have a good night!

Deb

Good Morning Linny & Josie ( if you're back!)

I did another I-Tread this morning, trying to see if more cardio will trim some excess off this week.

Things are pretty quiet around here today.. the "Double K's" are behaving, just got back from a walk and the little K is sleeping at my feet as I type.

I will check in later to see what is happening with you!

Deb;-)

Hi Deb and Josie:
Back from lake last night.I didn't go into water yet(chicken).I'm picking up some zyrtec today to bring to lake next week when I'm on vacation.
Deb:Glad all went well with Kelseys vet visit.Do you think she senses other dogs fear?
Looks like its going to rain today.Weatherman says thunderstorm in afternoon.I'm going to workout then I'll be doing my usual monday chores(laundry,cleaning and grocery shopping)but I'll check when I'm back~Linny~

Hi Deb and maybe Josie:
I was bad today.I went to Sams Club and found a Wii and bought it.I know I should be saving money for vacation but these wii's have been very hard to find.It came with the sports package(tennis,boxing,soccer,baseball and golf).I figure maybe I'll burn some calories with this one.My DH also bought me Turbo Jam last week and that came in today too.It has the weighted gloves.Looks like fun.Today I did Dance Fit with Christi.The more I do this one the more I like it.
I've been tempted to call work to see if they found a nurse for me to work with tonight(other nurse is on vacation).Maybe if they say no nurse I'll say I'm sick.
Picked up my Zyrtec,so I'm ready as I'll ever be for the water.Have a great night~Linny~

Hi Linny & Josie if you're back!

I have to say I have never seen a Wii! My nephews have one. What activity would you do with it? I heard there is some type of fitness stuff. I have the Turbo Jam ab dvd. She sure has high energy! How did it go last night at work?

Deb

Hi Deb:
Whew!Its a hot one today.How is Keegan and Kelsey getting along?
I haven'tplayed the Turbo Jam yet,it came with special weighted gloves.Hopefully it will be fun.I actually have neverr played a wii before either but I know we have one at work for patients(physical therapy).I've heard lots of good things about it.
Last night a nurse was a no call no show so I had to send a aide to another unit.So on my unit I had to be nurse and aide too.The night flew by.Well I got to go to work,Have a great night~Linny~

Good Morning!

LInny: I think this place you work in must give you a raise right Now! }( . What would they have done if you decided to call in last night? Where has all the work ethic gone these days?

It is really nice here right now but it is supposed to be more humid today. No workout againx( ..The little K got me up at 1:30 am to go out, and I had a bad night's sleeping before then.. so I turned the alarm off.. I think you will like the Turbo Jam, once you get the 11 moves down that she has in all her workouts I think..

Have a great day, hopefully you will have more staff at work tonight!

Deb

Hi Deb:
Did you read about the new forum coming.I've search everywhere and can not find the user menu.Ive tried hitting the top but it only comes up with calendar,logout,FAQ,and search.I hope they have my info because I can't figure it out. Last night we had a pretty good night,full staffing and good aides. So that nurse that was a no call no show is no longer employed with us.Too bad,she was a mon-fri fulltime nights.We also lost a full time 3-11 nurse last week.Management has had to get agency staff now because we just don't have the staff anymore.My administrator came up to me this morning and asked if I'd pick up friday night,she offered the extra $23 an hour.I told her I'm going on vacation starting friday morning and will not be there for a week.She wasn't too happy but said the offer is still there.
How many days a week are you averaging in a workout now?I hope I can check out TurboJam before vacation. Because I don't think I'll be able to do it in the RV:)
Looks like Josie and Garance picked a great week for vacation,I hope my vacation weather is just as good.~Linny~

Hi Linny,

Yes I read about the new forum...I think the only thing we had to do was go to make sure your e-mail address that they have is current. When they change the forum, we will need to re-register with a new password..we can use our same User Name, but the password will have to be a new one... When you are in the forum, across the top where is has the Login, FAQ etc...you go to User Menu, ... when you get in there you pick Edit Account Information, just to see if the e-mail they have is correct. I think this is because when you re-register on the new site, they will e-mail something to you..

Good news on the staffing situation! At least you had some help for a change..:) ....and extra $23 an hour to work a Friday night? WOW that is a lot!

Regarding my workouts, this week I have only done 2 so far.x( ..I have to get myself back on track.. my eating has been awful too... last night I had not one, but 2 bowls of ice cream! the real premium stuff too, no low fat for this girl!

Have a good sleep and a good night at work!

Deb

Hi Deb:
I did check at top of page and I don't have the user menu for some reason.I have everything else,weird.Hope I don't have any problems when they switch over.
Last night I worked with agency nurse,he told me that he picked up mon-fri next week while I'm on vacation. Yep,extra $23 an hour is tempting but my vacation is very much needed.My Ds thinks I'm nuts for not taking it.
Hope you get back to working out again soon.I usually don't have the energy during the week while I'm working.But when I finally get to I am so happy and feel sooo good.
I know what you're saying about the icecream,nothing tastes as good as full fat icecream:) We have a icecream store right down the road from where we are on the lake.Its quite the temptation.
Looks like its going to be a hot start to my vacation.I'm trying to work out a time to take DGD's for a overnighter.
I'll check in before I leave for vacation tomorrow.Have a good night~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.