Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 4/28/2024

Today I did Jessica Smith’s One Mile of Motivation. That was 15 minutes, 108 calories burned, average heart rate 131, and maximum heart rate 157. Then I did Jane Adams Gentle Yoga Evening Practice, 29 minutes and 48 calories.

Hello to All and have a wonderful day.

Wednesday I did 20 minutes of rowing and a 45 minute Yin Yoga class. Thursday I worked 8 hours at HD in garden and it was very busy. I had the garden phone and was constantly answering customer calls and running around the store like crazy helping people. I definitely got a good workout and was exhausted when I got home. Yesterday I did 40 minutes of Peloton rides and today I did Killer Legs and the barre bonus (from the 2023 workouts).

Diane Sue-Great job with STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets upper only premix, Raw String Along Cardio, CDorner stretch, STS 2 Total Body Trisets Lower Body only, Raw String Along Abs, and CDorner Recovery Stretch.

Valerie-Great job with spinning and bicep/tricep work and the road and mountain bike rides. You are making great progress!

Carolyn-Great job with Cardio Quick Fix, workout one, RWH Back, Biceps, and Shoulders— 2 sets, no finishers, P30 Extended Stretch, Jessica Smith’s One Mile of Motivation and Jane Adams Gentle Yoga Evening Practice.

Cathy-Great job with Live Jabs and Abs. Yes, it was a very dreary, rainy day yesterday.

Alarm went off at 5:30, and I laid there stretching for a few minutes, rolled over to turn on the lamp....nothing. Derek was up, so I went upstairs. He said that he went to plug something in and the power vanished. So, back downstairs I go to get my phone and go check the breakers. Open phone and see that there was an equipment failure and 388 lucky families had no power. Plus side, it was back on by 6:20, but I had to drop one of the things I planned to do before breakfast. Did the Killer Legs Barre Bonus, and then after breakfast I did STS 2 Body Parts Back and Biceps. Went out and walked wearing my sliders because while it's warm and sunny out now, the grass is very wet still from yesterday.

Judy that's sounds like a VERY busy workout day! Great job with the Peloton workouts and Killer Legd w/barre bonus. Today is a huge improvement over yesterday.

Hi Carolyn, Valerie and Diane Sue.

so that must have been a skink cathy? the lizard with the blue tongue? wow. interesting critter. seattle has a zoo but I dont think Ive ever been there. maybe when I first moved here but I dont think so. I love seeing all those unusual ( for us) animals moving around in a reasonably natural environment. last thing I saw was a wildlife zoo in AZ that was awful, on a trip to sedona. one of my friends wanted to go there so we all went. it was pretty dismal. so sad wild places are being lost to our complete inability to control our population numbers.

yesterday we went on our the normal park walk with some friends. took about 1.5 hours a little longer than it takes DH and I. then we went out for lunch at our favorite Thai place, oh yum. I love Thai food. most of it, not all. I had pad thai with shrimp that DH wont touch. I love spring rolls. he doesnt. damn I wish he'd eat shrimp. we all had something different so there was a lot of cross tasting and testing. I do not like the drinks. ugh too sweet. tried a sticky rice dessert.. didnt like it but our friends love it so ours went home with them. I ate half my pad thai and had the rest for dinner. I don't have condiments at home so I used chili crisp to boost up the flavor. Love that stuff! there's one with sliced red chilies in vinegar that is so tasty. DH wont touch anything remotely spicy so I have a refrigerator shelf of condiments for me!

Today is a rest day. It’s also a gray, rainy day so I didn’t go out this morning. Instead I’m catching up on things around the house.

Cathy, it’s never fun to wake up to a power outage. I’m glad that it didn’t last long. Great job with Live Jabs and Abs, Killer Legs Barre Bonus, and STS 2 Body Parts Back and Biceps.

Judy, great job with rowing, Yin Yoga, Peloton ride and Killer Legs with Barre Bonus. Your work day sounds exhausting!

Valerie, nice job with the park walk with friends and lunch at the Thai restaurant.

Hello to Diane Sue.

Yesterday I did Raw Balance & Strength from more than just strength, 37 minutes, 120 calories, heart rate 99/127. I then did Raw String Along Glutes, 23 minutes, 74 calories, heart rate 99/127. I ended with Raw Stretch Flow and a bit of lower foam rolling, 25 minutes, 47 calories. Total time Was 85 minutes, 241 minutes. I thought I posted.
Today I did CDorner Step Jackson Five #377, 31 minutes, 154 calories, heart rate 127/148. I then added on Raw TBTS Intervals, 12 minutes, 69 calories, heart rate 136/160. Total time was 43 minutes, 223 calories, 3,372 steps.

Carolyn nice work yesterday on Jessica Smith’s One Mile of Motivation and Jane Adams evening practice. I hope you have a nice rest day. I prefer to stay in when it is rainy too. It has been raining here today too.

Cathy, nice job yesterday on Live Jabs and Abs and getting in Killer Legs barre and STS 2 Body Parts back and biceps today. I was cleaning the house late at night this week and thought I would get online and it was out then I got a warning that my door camera was off line. I guess our internet provider was doing maintenance. We get so many power outages I try to be prepared for power outage when we have bad weather.

Judy, good job on Wednesday's 20 minutes of rowing and 45 minute Yin Yoga class. Your day at HD sounds exhausting. Nice work on yesterday's 40 minutes of Peloton rides and today's Killer Legs and the barre bonus.

Valerie, nice work on getting in the 1.5 mile walk. I love Thai food too. It sounds like you had a nice time.
My granddaughter had a pet skink when she was young. It was one of the few things that did not trigger her allergies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.