Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 4/28/2024

issues with our phones settled down by themselves... when you switch numbers on a phone.... taking my number and putting it on a brand new phone, while taking DH's number off his old phone and putting it on my phone, its bound to cause a short period of awkwardness. we had to reset imessage but I think that was the only significant change, everything else sorted by itself overnight.

judy almost everyone in the verizon store was sneezing and sniffling. it is major spring allergy season here so hopefully thats the cause and not a URI.

ordinarily the iphones update themselves while recharging . this new phone needed a time consuming update. it took about 40 minutes, and then DH had to go and mess with the buttons, which the phone didn't like. it stopped the almost finished download and restarted the whole update. it was a long morning.

carolyn that is unfortunate for your husband, and for you. my sister has epilepsy. she has frequent falls. she's not aware its going to happen, it just does. she lives alone so its a big problem. before I got my pacer I had infrequent episodes where I would pass out, resulting in a fall. totally unnerving! tough for everyone. my episodes lasted only seconds but if, you're down, you're down! it only happened a couple times a year but that was terrible because there was no predicting when and little warning.

I did 15 on the spin bike, then x train chest, back, shoulders. I did the whole thing with modifications. knee push ups and fewer number. lighter weights. I never ever went as heavy as she does. used a bench instead of a ball. skipped the odd superman exercise at the end because of the back position. did my own therapy stretches for the same reason. I am at 6 months now. it went ok and felt good. I think I will get sore in at least some spots.

Today I did 30 Minute Hiit Express and STS 2 Mat Yoga. It rained earlier, but I think we're done at least at least there's only slight chances until later tonight. I want to get out and walk today as the apple trees are blooming and the yard smells so good right now. We have 5 of them courtesy of the birds.

Diane Sue do you know anyone affected by the tornadoes in OK. What a horrific event. Great job with Raw Step Toning, and STS 2 mish mosh standing abs. I haven't tried that premix, I'll have to check it out.

Judy I haven't bought phones at the Apple Store, but I bought my laptop there and the process/service was really good. Anytime I've dealt with Apple Customer Service in store or by phone they've been very helpful. I find that certain Verizon stores are better than others. Locally we have two and one I will go to and one I won't. I've been to the one in Marquette several times because of the boys phones and they were good. Only thing was there that I had to be present and the boys couldn't just go by themselves with my pass codes. Apparently, some Verizon stores aren't part of the main network. I didn't understand, and at the time it didn't matter because I was there when the problem happened.

Carolyn I'm so sorry your husband has falls, that has to be scary for both of you. My parents have both fallen at times. My Mom now uses her walker even in the house. My brother and I are both about an hour away if needed, but they are stubborn and won't always ask for help. And I freely admit to all that I will be equally stubborn if not more so.

Today was yoga/mobility. There is so much unpredictability with my husband’s Parkinson’s. Something can be fine for days or weeks, then suddenly it’s not. He’s doing well today, but these situations are very upsetting.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Step Toning and STS 2 mish mosh Standing Abs.

Valerie, I’m glad the the phone issue is solved. Great job with the Spin bike and XTrain Chest, Back, and Shoulders. I usually skip that Superman exercise too.

Cathy, great job with HiiT Express and STS 2 Mat Yoga.

Hello to Judy.

Cathy , texts between iphones are blue. if another brand phone is involved, the text changes to green. also happens if imessage is not turned on in settings on one of the phones. that was one thing that was weird....all 3 phones involved in the swap out were iphones but still turned green. now back to blue. dh had turned off imessage at some point though he didnt mention it until later so I turned it back on.

carolyn I have been told "keep your back straight" as much as possible. anything with arching , sagging, or rounding are off limits. I feel I can do gentle cat/cow for yoga, but supermans look wrong to me. I didnt like the move even before the surgery and skipped it. gentle stretches feel fine but cranking up some serious muscle contraction is nothing I want to do.

we have had highly variable results too depending on the verizon store. last visit this store was very good. yesterday was very tedious. all turned out ok this morning. we disliked visits to apple stores but their online help was stellar. it was as if they hired people based on the weirdness of their tats, piercings, clothing and makeup. I'm ok with most things but nose dangle ornaments like christmas trees are too much. I just can't talk to someone with it bouncing around.

Today I did JS Stride and Step, 30 minutes and 198 calories. Average heart rate was 125 and maximum heart rate was 162. I wasn’t in the mood to do anything this morning but I forced myself to do something.

Waving hello to everyone. Have a great day.

When you realize you never posted this....

Today I did STS 2 Lower Body 2 and Step Boss Lying Stretch. There's some rain not far, but it looks like it's going to go around us for now. Which means I can walk a few times at least. Not only do the apple trees smell amazing right now, but when you stand under them the humming of the pollinators is really cool to listen to, too. I have the Merlin bird sounds app, and last year and this year, I'll use if during my walks to see what birds are around. We have fields next to us and a small woods behind so there are often birds around that we don't see. Never in that time did it pick up the chickens next door, but I went out at 7 this morning, as that's the best time of day to get the most birds singing, and it declared the roosters Red Junglefowl. :D They are the wild ancestors of domestic chickens, but I'd love to know why only today dit decided to show them on my app. The two that crow are banty's and those little suckers will crow whenever they feel like it and do not limit themselves to early morning so they've crowed plenty of times during my walks. The other rooster doesn't crow.

Valerie the whole blue/green thing was weird because Derek and I both have iPhones and Friday/Saturday they turned green for both of us and then yesterday were back to blue. Yet mine with Nick during that time period stayed blue.

Carolyn great job keeping up with the yoga.

Hi to Diane Sue and Judy.

Today I did Raw Cardio Core Fusion, 33 minutes and used 3 risers instead of the 4 they used, 169 calories, heart rate 130/158, 1,666 steps. I then did Raw Boxing Finisher, 15 minutes, 79 calories, heart rate 125/149, 842 steps. I finished off with CDorner Day 17 Full Body Mobility Flow in a field, 14 minutes, 29 calories. I plan on doing STS 2 Tri-sets tomorrow. Total time was 62 minutes, 277 calories. We got the thunderstorms and rain, but the tornados did not hit here. We were under a tornado warning though.
The City that had all of the tornado damage was one we had dinner at when we stayed in the cabin last month. It is sad looking at all of the damage. Sulphur Ok is close to Turner Falls. They have Sulpher springs that flows and glows yellow. Looks weird. When we stayed in our cabin, waters flowing had that glow when the sun shined across it in the morning.

This morning I did RWH Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders, 2 sets—no finishers. My time was 30 minutes with 122 calories burned. Average heart rate 111 and maximum heart rate 134.

Cathy, nice job STS 2 Lower Body 2 and Step Boss Lying Stretch.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Cardio Core Fusion, Raw Boxing Finisher, and CDorner Full Body Mobility flow. I’m glad that you did not suffer any damage from the tornadoes. It’s very sad to see all of the damage and hearing about the loss of life.

Hello to Valerie and Judy.

Today was the zoo's opening for members only. I did STS 2 Total Body Stretch early. The opening today wasn't till 11:00 instead of the normal 9:00, but I wasn't going to pass up the chance to be the first person in for the year. And I was! Go me. LOL Derek texted me while I was waiting in line that he was on Savannah watch at the overlook, but by the time I got in and walked up there he had to head back to the barn about a minute of ahead of my getting there. I stopped more than I usually will when walking but still ended up with 79 zone minutes. I didn't set a hike though because I knew it would be less of one that usual.

Carolyn great job with RWH Chest, Triceps and Shoulders.

Diane Sue great job with Raw Cardio Core Fusion, Raw Boxing Finisher and the mobility workout.

Yesterday I did an hour of Peloton rides and 40 minutes of Peloton Strength work. Today I worked 6 hours and got a lot of steps in.

Valerie-Great job with spinning and x train chest, back, shoulders.

Cathy-Great job with 30 Minute Hiit Express, STS 2 Mat Yoga, STS 2 Lower Body 2, Step Boss Lying Stretch, and STS 2 Total Body Stretch. That’s great that you were the first person at the zoo for the year. It sounds like you had a fun day with a lot of steps too.

Carolyn- Great job with yoga/mobility, JS Stride and Step and RWH Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders, 2 sets—no finishers.

Diane Sue-Great job with Raw Cardio Core Fusion, Raw Boxing Finisher and CDorner Day 17 Full Body Mobility Flow.

Today I did STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets upper only premix, 49 minutes, 157 calories, heart rate 104/134. I also did Raw String Along Cardio 14 minutes, 67 calories, heart rate 122/147. This was a fun little workout add on. I have not had time to check the other String Along workouts out yet. I finished with CDorner Day 12 Upper Body Stretch, 10 minutes. Total time 73 minutes, 241 calories, 1,448 steps which is probably from the cardio. I had a lot to get done today. Trying to do spring cleaning and altering some shirts for my husband. Then there was some outside stuff.

Judy, Nice work on the hour of Peloton Rides and Peloton Strength work yesterday and lots of work steps today.

Cathy, nice that you got in a stretch with Cathe and got to spend time walking the zoo. 79 zone minutes is pretty good for a zoo walk workout.

Carolyn, nice work today on RWH Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders, 2 sets with no finishers.

Valerie, I used to try to the superman like the instructors and always ended up with low back pain afterward. I avoid or just barely lift off the floor. I do need the arching and movement in most mobility type work as it helps me make space in my spine. My back has a dull ache up the middle most of the time.

I do not live where tornados happen. that is a big fear and I got out of the midwest just to not have to think about them. diane sue that must have been so depressing to see things completely destroyed like that.
I did a 30 min spin and a series of bicep tricep exercises although not a specific workout. we had hoped for a ride but had a hail storm right when we planned to go. the hail on the ground didnt melt off quickly so decided against it. skinny tires and ice are not a good fit. plan to try again today but I have a fasting blood draw early this morning and a chimney cleaning appt after so will see what weather looks like.

I have not been to a zoo in ages. I dont know what they look like these days. I had a pleasant surprise with museums on our trip so will give it a try.

This morning I did KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix, workout one, which was 26 minutes and 178 calories burned. My average heart rate was 128 and maximum heart rate was 142. We had a good WW meeting today.

Cathy, I’m glad that you were first into the zoo on opening day. Nice job doing STS 2 Total Body Stretch and getting out there.

Judy, great job with the Peloton ride and Peloton strength training. I’m sure that you get a lot of steps at work.

Diane Sue, great job with STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets Upper Body only, Raw String Along Cardio, and CDorner stretch.

Valerie, great job with 30 minutes on the spin bike and bicep and tricep exercises.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Lousy night's sleep, but I did do the 1 round premix of STS2 Upper Body 1. I've been working on planning out the last 6 weeks of the STS 2 12 week rotation. Still need to make a list of potential cardio workouts. I'm doing the premix that combine to body parts since the way it's set up you don't even do each area every week.

Carolyn great job with KCM's Cardio Quick Fix.

Valerie great job with the 30 min spin and bicep/tricep exercises. Sorry the hail messed up your chance to ride. Definitely not something you want to get caught out in. If you have time and interest, here's the link to Derek's Zoo videos https://www.youtube.com/@DereksZooVideos0118 This one is from last summer at our zoo

Diane Sue great job with STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets upper only premix, Raw String Along Cardio and upper body stretch.

Judy nice job with the Peloton workouts.

Today's workout was STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets: Lower Body Only mix 24 minutes, 99 calories, heart rate 113/156. I followed with Raw String A Long Abs 16 minutes, 55 calories, heart rate 100/124. I finished with CDorner Recovery Stretch post workout, 30 minutes, 38 calories. Total time was 70 minutes, 192 calories. Thunderstorms really early this morning. I went and slept in my recliner so my husband could sleep and not be disturbed by my dog that hates thunder and lightning.

We did a road ride yesterday, the usual 15 miler. it was lovely out and not crowded. did therapy work later. today we did a mountain bike early. still cold out and muddy but we expected it to be crowded later because of some closures in other parts of their forest. cut it a little shorter than normal because of mud in some sections. I'm trying to get back to last years function level and not getting there easily. Im nervous about some of the downhills. I swear every joint in my body is going to disintegrate, one by one. . now my left wrist is becoming a big problem. not something simple like carpal tunnel this time.

cathy I will look at the videos this afternoon. thanks for posting.

This morning I did RWH Back, Biceps, and Shoulders— 2 sets, no finishers. My time was 35 minutes with 121 calories burned. Average heart rate 107, and maximum heart rate 136. Then I did P30 Extended Stretch for an additional 8 minutes.

Cathy, nice job with STS 2 Upper Body 1 premix despite the poor night’s sleep.

Diane Sue, great job with STS 2 Total Body Trisets Lower Body only, Raw String Along Abs, and CDorner Recovery Stretch.

Valerie, great job with the rides. Getting back to last year’s functioning level is an admirable goal, but will probably take a while. You should be proud of your progress so far.

Hello to Judy.

No workout as I shopped today. Unless you count when I went flying out the door and around the porch earlier to chase down Tux and make him drop a chipmunk. Fortunately, he's really bad as killing them immediately, and rarely even breaks the skin, just grabs them. I snatched him up and hauled him in and shut him in Derek's room, while I went out and made sure the chipmunk had taken off. Like a mini Hiit workout.

Carolyn great job with RWH Back, Biceps and Shoulders and P30 Stretch.

Valerie great job with the rides and therapy exercises. It's totally understandable that you'd be nervous about certain things, but you are doing a wonderful job of getting back to your activities.

Diane Sue great job with STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets: Lower Body Only, Raw String A Long Abs and Stretch.

Hi Judy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.