Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 3/10/2024

Today I did Raw TBTS Shadowboxing with the TBTS warm up, 27 minutes, 130 calories, heart rate 123/152. I used 5# dumbbells like Kelly. The moves are slow. I also did Raw TBTS Strength abs with a 10# dumbbell, 16 minutes, 40 calories. I started a CDorner Yoga Style Flow wrist friendly mobility workout, but stopped at 7 minutes, 11 calories. This was fine till she was into a lunge move and pushing off in a balance move. I don't think my knee is ready for that. My knee is better today but being careful. my kneecap is a little bruised where I landed.

Valerie, I have a lot of appointments coming up. For me most seem like a waste of my time and the drive because they end up just being a follow up, talk about it get vitals and go home. I am thinking of moving my cardiovascular appointment this month. I need to get ready for our vacation 3 days later and figure what we need for our cabin stay. They only thing is I already have 3 appointments in April. I hope you can get things taken care of or good alternatives over surgeries.
I fully agree on Fury. It is a movie that I will remember. The bad movie is I.S.S., not a real long movie. Most of it was all filmed inside what was a space station. It just left us both saying is that it? It left you wanting an ending. We have learned that the star does not always make the movie. We watched a Christmas movie with Mel Gibson once that was terrible. He was some sort of weird santa. All of the good movies he has done, did not help him in that one. It seems a lot of them probably have movies that they wish they had not done.

Carolyn, great job on RWH Chest, shoulders, triceps and STS 2 Chair yoga today. It is disappointing when I plan my meals around something like salmon for myself and do not get anything. I will try again later.

Cathy, I am sure you glad that the storm had dissipated by the time you reached the area. Toll roads can be a nice way to bypass heavy traffic. It is hard to show someone that is set in their ways how to work the new media. I don't particularly like paying with my cards online. Not everyone uses PayPal. Streaming takes a little bit of getting used to I guess. I am the one that sets things up and troubleshoots here. I was looking at VUDU trying to figure out how we can use our purchased movies when out of town without internet. There should be a way. My problem with the sports and streaming is having to pay for a streaming service and pay Roku for OU Sports and then they are asking for even more money for the bedlam game. I thought Roku was sort of a streaming service. I have read others saying the same thing and not found a solution. Next year I will try purchasing the sport portion of Sling TV and see if that works without paying Roku.

Last edited:
Wednesday I went for a short walk outside and did a 30 minute Peloton ride. Yesterday was active rest, with 30 minutes of mobility work. I’m having an issue with my right shoulder/rotator cuff and have an appointment with a physical therapist on Monday. It’s an ongoing issue that I’ve had for years and now seems to be getting a little worse.

Diane Sue-Great job with Raw Balance, Strength, and Core, Raw Kickboxing NRG, and CDorner stretch, CDorner 45 minutes arms, STS Chair Yoga and Raw TBTS Shadowboxing. I’m sorry about your knee. I hope it’s much better soon.

Carolyn-Great job with KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix, workout one, RWH Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders and STS 2.0 Chair Yoga. I like the RWH premixes. I’m not much of a movie person and Chris really isn’t either. I’ve always preferred reading to watching something. I follow professional bike racing but it’s hard to find on streaming and also there is the time difference since most of the races are in Europe. I usually just watch recaps of the races on YouTube and read about them on cycling websites.

Cathy-I hope your trip home is going well and that you were able to avoid the bad weather last night.

Valerie-Great job with the mountain bike ride and your therapy work. I hope all of your appointments went well yesterday.

Yesterday went very well. the cardiology things turn out to be not urgent, and my concern about needing to stop my current NSAIDs turned out to not be true. I may need to do this procedure at some point but its not pressing. it would avoid the need for anticoagulation which I want to avoid. the sign off with surgeon was pleasant. I'm so glad I picked him. both he and his staff were nice to work with. Ive been in that office so many times that I "know" many of the people. DH had an appt with his dermatologist( mine too) and that went nicely and we had a good lunch out. all offices were within a mile or so of each other so no epic drives or nasty traffic. we picked up DH's remodeled bike on the way home so no special trips needed and it looks like a nice clean upgrade. expensive but that should put an end to constant flat tires. it was a lovely sunny day and everyone was happy and smiling. plus I was down a couple pounds on both weigh ins ( yay) and my bp was nice and low normal despite my nervousness. all around pleasant day!

I am not a TV addict but I enjoy watching in the evening during and right after dinner. One thing I absolutely hate is visiting someone with the TV running in the background. we have family:rolleyes:.... TV on from the moment they get up until they go to sleep at night. we watch what we want and then read or do other things. that constant noise makes me crazy. cant think straight because BIL has some hearing loss so it's loud volume besides.
we are watching a series right now called "A Small Light" that is just outstanding. about jewish people being sheltered in the netherlands during WWII. it's 8 episodes. not long but just excellent. I highly recommend. I think its connected to national geographic but on Hulu.

Judy ive never noticed much bike racing except the Tour de France. especially in bike racing, doesnt every single rider have exactly the same physique? there is a physical type that succeeds at world class level riding.
we watch the Olympics when they're on and occasionally some other sports event, but Im not a fan of team sports like basketball baseball or football. I might sit for a little during a game but DH doesn't watch much either. DH's parents were fanatics about sports and had more than one TV running at once on sports, all day every day. I simply could not deal with it and neither can he so it doesnt get turned on much. .

Last edited:
Today I did RWH Legs for 41 minutes and 227 calories burned. My average heart rate was 122 and maximum heart rate was 144.

Cathy, I hope that the second day of driving goes well.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw TBST warm up and Shadow Boxing, and part of CDorner yoga. I’m glad that your knee is feeling better. That must have been quite a fall.

Judy, nice job with the Peloton ride and active rest day with mobility.

Valerie, I’m glad that your medical appointments went well.

Have a good day everyone.

Today I did CDorner Dance Party Cardio Low Impact, 40 minutes, 201 calories, heart rate 127/156, 3,726 steps. I followed with CDorner Day 1 mobility full body stretch with some extra lower body stretches added, 26 minutes, 32 calories. Total time 66 minutes, 233 calories.

Today I did 90 minutes of Peloton rides, 45 minutes challenging and 45 minutes light.

Valerie-I’m glad your Dr. visits went well. Yes, it does seem like most of the professional level cyclists have the same physique.

Caroline-Great job with RWH Legs.

Diane Sue-Great job with CDorner Dance Party Cardio Low Impact and mobility full body stretch.

Hi to Cathy

Today is my rest day. I’m catching up on things around the house.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner cardio and mobility.

Judy, great job with your Peloton rides.

Hello to Cathy and Valerie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.