Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 3/03/2024

Well it was a bit of a challenge, but I did the final STS workout today. Disk 36 Shoulders, Biceps and Tricep. Was the only day I could do it before we leave and of course I was awake in the middle of the night, and my FitBit battery died, so no alarm. LOL Woke up just before 7 put on my workout clothes and did it. Fortunately, I set everything up last night. Bonus fun, I was starving. LOL Then I went shopping. Going to start getting organized this afternoon. Derek is currently at his interview for the seasonal keeper job and I really hope he gets it. One of the people interviewing is the person who oversaw him as an intern, and he knows the other. He's worked there for the last four summers and knows lots of staff, which should also be a plus. I think they usually hire two people.

Carolyn nice job with XTrain Burn Sets Chest, Back, and Shoulders and KCM's Cardio Quick Fix. I was bad and bought more Olive Bread to take with me on the trip. No half loaf this time, but at oh well. LOL When I get to Nick's I'll share.

Valerie I'm glad you were able to get in a good workout on your snowshoe outing, even if it wasn't ideal conditions. I will never understand the people who can spend a day at the beach, and here in Michigan there are a lot of them, I just get so bored.

Diane Sue great job with CDorner Step #363 Taylor Swift, and the stretch.

Judy nice job with the yoga. Glad you weren't impacted by the fire.

I thought of more to say after reading your post cathy. I actually did a few things in hawaii that were fun. snorkeling was good, fairly shallow water and lots of fish. we saw lots of interesting birds and plants but nothing that was rare or special to hawaii although we looked. turtles too! went up to look at the lava flows although nothing was erupting at the time. we did a whale watch tour and watched and listened to humpback whales, that was cool. lots of whales to watch from shore. we wanted to rent bikes and ride but it was too hot for us during the day when the bikes were available. tried hiking but it was way way too hot. I've never been to mexico and probably will never go.
I hate the feeling of sunscreen all over me but I'd burn to a crisp without it. SIL, BIL go regularly and she sits in a lawn chair by the pool all day and drinks beer. I cant even imagine. BIL goes out deep sea fishing but one thing about water is I get very motion sick on boats if they get out of sight of land so thats off limits too. and that brings in the sunscreen issue again but on a boat you can wear clothing and sunscreen exposed parts only. so yes, boring. Ive been forced to florida many times and didnt like a minute of it.

Today I did CDorner Step and Sculpt with loop bands, 48 minutes, heart rate 119/157, 191 calories, 2,911 steps. I then did Raw Stretch Flow 20 minutes, 31 calories and CDorner Day 18 chest and shoulder mobility and stretch, 12 minutes, 20 calories. Total time 80 minutes, 242 calories. I am still sore from the kettlebell workout. I probably should have just did Kettlebell 3 and not added drop sets to it. Hopefully tomorrow I am ready for a weight workout. I have learned to allow recovery before hitting something else hard.

Carolyn, nice work on KCM Cardio Quick Fix workout # 2. I am sore from the Kettlebell workout 2 days ago. It sure takes longer to recover than it did when I was younger. I was listening to Mark Sisson(Primal Kitchen athlete guy) on a youtube interview and he said he works a lot on mobility and he usually takes 4 days to recover a hard workout. I also read that he had a heart attack which was a not to people that even when you seem to be healthy and fine, there could be something going wrong. I just found it interesting.

Valerie, working on balance is important for all of us. I find it easier to balance barefoot than with shoes on. You would need decent balance mountain biking on rough terrain. I wouldn't want to sit on a hot beach unless there were no people and I could enjoy it in peace. Not likely to happen. I burn pretty quickly. I need to get some new sunscreen soon. I was checking dates on what we have and my Ulta MD one is almost gone. We are going to stay in a cabin for a few days for our mini vacation and anniversary. Sunscreen will be needed and bug spray.

Cathy, good work getting in STS Disc 36 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps before you leave. I charge my watch every day so it rarely runs that low. I always worry though when I set the silent alarm that I got it wrong or it will not wake me when I have an appointment or something. That is probably why those times I do not sleep much. If I set an alarm that was loud it would wake my husband who has probably just got to sleep after working all night. If I had a loaf of olive bread with me, it would probably be gone before I reached my destination. I love a good crusty fresh loaf. I avoid buying them for that reason.

I didn’t work out today. I had a business appointment this morning and some other errands to run.

Cathy, great job finishing the final STS workout. I’m sure that you have a lot to do to get ready for your trip.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner Step and Sculpt and Raw stretch flow. The Mark Sisson interview sounds interesting. Is he the person who does Mark’s Daily Apple? I totally agree that recovery time takes a bit longer.

Valerie, I don’t care for getter in the water either. I can’t remember the last time that I bought a swimsuit! Probably when my children were little.

Waving hello to Judy.

Last edited:
Today's workout was Raw Burnout Upper Body, 50 minutes, 143 calories heart rate 99/138. I then did CDorner Sweaty Mobility, 33 minutes, 73 calories. Total time 83 minutes, 216 calories.

Carolyn, yes, he is the one that does Mark's Daily Apple. I used to follow him online and read commentary on his website. I have his Primal Blueprint Cookbook I have some recipes I use out of.

Last edited:
Got up early enough that I was able to do IMAX 3 combos. My husband had a procedure today he had to be put under for so I had to go along. Only took a half hour, but we were gone for almost 6 hours which wasn't a plus the day I needed to get a lot done. But Derek did a few things around the house while we were gone, and this afternoon, we got everything packed and ready to go except last minute stuff, and put the stuff in the trunk that's going all the way to TX without being needed. Fingers crossed we get the rest in the back seat as we're taking a lot of food with us, in addition to our suitcases. I just wanted to separate what we need for the first two days and stuff we don't have to do anything with till Nick's.

Diane Sue great job with CDorner Step and Sculpt with loop bands, Raw Burnout Upper Body and the mobility workout. I usually only charge my watch when I start getting alerts, but the other day, I did a quick delete of a bunch of emails and I think that included the FitBit one.

Hi to all!

Tuesday I did 25 minutes of rowing and a 10 minute lower body mobility workout. Yesterday I did 25 minutes of Peloton upper body mobility work. Today I did a 20 minute Peloton Power Zone Max ride and 30 minutes of Peloton stretches. Our bathroom remodel is going well so far. Hopefully it will be finished by next Friday.

Carolyn-Great job with XTrain Burn Sets Chest, Back, and Shoulders and KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix, workout two. Xtrain Burn Sets is another favorite of mine.

Diane Sue- Great job with CDorner Step #363 Taylor Swift, Day 8 Full Body Post Workout Stretch, CDorner Step and Sculpt with loop bands, Raw Stretch Flow 20 minutes and CDorner Day 18 chest and shoulder mobility and stretch. Recovery is definitely taking me longer than it did when I was younger.

Cathy-Great job with finishing STS and the IMAX 3 combos. I hope you have a good trip to Texas.

Valerie-Great job with snow shoeing. That sounds like a challenging workout.

I got my first knee injection this morning. they are not pleasant! two more a week apart and then wait to see if it helped. I had a series a year and a half ago so trying to buy some more time on my failing knee. its fine going uphill but does not like downhill especially steep downhill.
we were getting our septic pumped this afternoon but the pumper truck did not work. they guy tried for 90 min and it did not work so they need to try again with another truck. still, that ate up much of the afternoon with him going back and forth turning it on and fiddling with it, and we had to be here for the process.

judy it was not that hard, I just am not in great shape right now due to zero time spent on snow this year. . the snow was not ideal either. I also stopped doing one exercise from the therapy I do, because I think its aggravating my knee and ankle, both on the outside.

enjoy the trip to texas cathy.

Last edited:
This morning I did STS 2.0 Body Parts Legs, express no repeats. That was 36 minutes, 167 calories burned, average heart rate 118, and maximum heart rate 152.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Burnout Upper Body and CDorner Mobility.

Cathy, good job getting in IMAX 3 combos with all that you have going on. Have a safe trip to Texas.

Judy, nice job with your workouts this week: Peloton rowing, upper and lower body mobility, Peloton ride, and stretching.

Valerie, I hope that the injections help.

Have a great day everyone.

Today I did CDorner Dance Party Low Impact 40 minutes, heart rate 137/172, 229 calories. I then did Raw Lean Physique Buts and Guts, 39 minutes, 110 calories, heart rate 96/122. I finished with CDorner Day 24, Neck and Upper Back Mobility and Stretch, 13 minutes, 19 calories. Total time 92 minutes, 358 calories, 4,720 steps. It is cold and rainy here today. The power went out last night and came back on late. I ended up cleaning floors when it came back on and did not get to bed till 1:45 am. It went out for a short time again this morning.

Today I did CDorner Fast Basic Step & Abs Rock that Step, #366, 40 minutes, 199 calories, heart rate 131/161, 3,163 steps. I then did CDorner Full Body Stretching Routine Deep Stretch and mobility plus Day 12 upper body stretch, 40 minutes, 50 calories. Total time was 80 minutes, 249 calories.

Last edited:
35 on the spin bike today and therapy as usual. I had to skip workouts for 2 days for the injection to settle in so only did therapy for two days.
I wish we could get rid of this damn time change. I dont care if we go to DST or standard time but pick one and stay with it.

Yesterday was a total rest day. I had planned on doing something like yoga or stretching but by 10 pm I realized it wasn't going to happen. This morning I did an hour of Peloton strength workouts. I did a 30 minute full body strength, a 10 minute glute workout, 10 minutes of arms and 10 minutes of core. This afternoon I worked a 4 hour shift at HD. Tomorrow I work 6 hours then I'm off all next week.

Valerie-Nice job with the spin bike and therapy work today. I hope the injections help. I agree about the time change.

Carolyn-Nice job with STS 2.0 Body Parts Legs, express no repeats.

Diane Sue-Nice job with the CDorner workouts, mobility and stretching and Raw Lean Physique Buts and Guts.

Cathy- I hope you are having a good trip.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.