Pentagenarians & Beyond W/B 2/1

Good Morning Ladies,

I did not workout last night. I will get my cardio in today though and abs. I was just tired from the whole day and I ended up having dinner with my DD and 2 glasses of wine.

Deb, That dream just means that your Dad was telling you that he is ok and saying goodbye to you. There is going to be a point where it will hit you and all the emotions are going to come out. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Garance, Did you get your danceMax in?

Linny, I hate when people just talk about themselves and do not do the what they are supposed to. It is a waist of time.

Joan, take care of that back. I have been there and it has taken 2 to 3 weeks to get back to normal.

I hope that today will be a better day.

Josie

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Joan--

This morning I did the leg workout on mesocycle 1. It's actually a little over 39 min. and then you can add on a bonus section to make it 53 min., which is what I did. The bonus is like the legs in Kickmax, where you hang on to a chair and do lifts. I had to modify of course because I don't have a wall for some of the squats, and I really have to be careful on lunges. I just turn them into static lunges at all times. I used 12 lb. dumbbells throughout, and no weights for the paper plate exercises. My legs felt like rubber after it was over, but I feel great now. I will repeat all three of these disks next week before moving on to week 2.

Yep--good session of ballroom dancing last night. Unfortunately the instructors no longer have the dance space and they had to cancel 2 classes due to weather. But next week is the dance flurry in Saratoga, and we plan on spending an afternoon over there for some classes and the big swing dance finale on Sunday.

Deb, that's so moving about your dream. I still have dreams about my mom and sisters. They are never disturbing, instead oddly comforting. Maybe you can start STS next week? Like I said, I am repeating the first 3 disks.

Linny, your story about that nurse reminds me of this idiot dental assistant who would just yak on and on about her life, her divorce, her kids, her new boyfriend while cleaning my teeth. I was a captive audience with my mouth, literally, agape. The dentist finally "let her go" because a lot of people complained. I didn't. I figured it was some kind of therapy for her.

Josie, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. We think of you as the energizer bunny here.

How is your back, Joan?

TGIF

Good Morning all.

It is 19 degrees here, supposed to go up to 31 or so tomorrow...a veritable heat wave! Maybe time to drag out the bikini...umm no I don;t own a bikini! :rolleyes:..

Josie, sometimes you just need to relax, have some wine and spend time with loved ones...you will get back on track. Maybe we can get back on track together? I think I will start STS on Sunday, damn those 1RM's that I did not finish.

Garance, I am doing STS like you, doing each one for 2 weeks instead of 1. So the second time around, I will know if I need to go heavier or lighter. I will have problems with the paper plate exercises, unless I take up my puzzle mat squares, which should be no problem I guess. LOL about the dental hygentist and her constant chatter..Like you said, maybe she did it to keep people's minds off of what she was doing, or she just liked to talk about herself to anyone that could not walk away! I didn't realize you were close to Saratoga...is that the one in NY? My nephew i( nieces husband) is from there..and he and my niece visit there frequently.

Joan, are you buried in tax forms?

LInny, another late night? don't those dr's know that the nurses are on a schedule? Is there another night supervisor that can take over for you?

Have a good day!

Hi Ladies,

Thank you all for your support. I will do my spinning this weekend on Saturday and Sunday plus abs and will start with my dvd's on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Eventhough I do not have sts and do not plan on buying it I will be there with you in spirit.

All of you will be happy to know that the weather here is not good. We had rain all day long yesterday and it is expected to rain through the weekend. I don't mind the rain, just the stupid drivers.

Garance, I will be thinking of you when I'm having my Friday Manhattan.

Linny, You need to let these Dr. know who is the boss.

Joan, try to have some free time between clients. Sometime I dream about #'s or trying to balance something. This is when I don't get any rest.

Josie

This morning I did AOS Providence (50 min.). I am feeling a bit sore today in the butt. Must be from Cathe's legs. I am glad tomorrow is an off day.

Deb, we are about an hour from Saratoga. It's a great little city, although I have only been once to the horse races in the summer. Won some money on a horse named Macbett. Sounded like Macbeth, which was what I wrote my dissertation on. Just a hunch--a good one.

We are supposed to get up to 40 degrees tomorrow. We deserve it, because boy it has been COLD!

Love my Manhattans, Josie! What's your favorite bourbon? I like Maker's Mark or Knob Creek.

Hi to Linny--hope you are still pleased with your job.

How are you feeling Joan? Are you doing STS with Deb and me?

Hi Josie, Linny, Garance and Deb

I may beat everyone with the weather. Today should be in the 60's and it's sunny.

I worked until 3:00am Wednesday and Thursday. I didn't get treadmill in but had planned to rest back. Seems to be pretty good. I have a little lower back pain, but not taking advil.

Today was disc 2 but I need to get to gym. I'm not sure wo is good enough without pullups. I really liked the one sided pushups. I've never seen those. Weights were closer to 60% 1rm this time.

I don't know why its mentally hard to get yourself to exercise after a time off. Once I get started its no problem.

I will have to get legs in Sunday.

Deb and Garance, I'm not going to compete with your weights. Good going.:D My top db is 20lbs and that should work the first time through.
Since the % get increased each week I think I will still show progress.
I'm still undecided it I will do 3 month or 6 month rotation.

Josie I like sts because I need to be told what to do everyday. But so far I think you could make a 3 month rotation with some of Cathe's old dvd's and get just as good a workout.

Hi Linny

Back to work.

Joan

I went to gym after dinner tonight. Used the assisted pullup machine like Cathe did in second set of pull ups. I did three sets with only 30 seconds between. I started out with 12, then 6, and finally could only do 5 reps. I would have liked to have tried the pullups with legs horizontal, but too many guys were hanging around bar. Mostly they were talking rather than working out but I only wanted to be there for a short time.

Garance did you feel disc 2 in lower back? It feels more like muscle soreness than pain this time so no complaints.

Joan

Saturday's Heat Wave!

Good Morning,

Today is my Dad's memorial service, lots to do before then. I have a pedicure apt for 9:00, which I had scheduled for the Florida trip ( was supposed to go tomorrow), that I cancelled. I was going to re-schedule, but thought it might be a nice relaxing time before what comes later.

Josie, let's will both start out Sunday, again with much needed vigor!

Garance, I went through all of the first 6 DVD''s to see what I had missed in 1RM's and it seems like a lot of the leg ones are not done. I really don;t care that much about those, it was upper body that I wanted to challenge. I will just go as heavy as my weights will allow. I guess I will go out and get 25 lb DB;s. Did you use the paper plates?

Joan, if I was up until 3:00 am I would not be doing any workouts either! Do you think it might be a good idea to rest your back rather than push it?

Linny, how are you doing?

Have to do some things around here before pedi apt...take care.

This was my day off, but housecleaning counts--right?

Yes, Deb, I did do the paper plate exercises, and even without weights, you can feel them. In fact, I think that's what caused my muscle soreness. I hope your memorial service goes well and gives you some good memories of your dad.

Joan, good for you on the pullups. DH is going to make a pullup bar for me and I'm going to buy some of those woody bands for assisted pullups.

Hi to Linny and Josie!

Hi everyone,

Quick check in before bed. I only had time for 25 minutes on treadmill.

Tomorrow is disc 3. Legs are least favorite part to exercise.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.