Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/04/2024

I was so wanting to go on our trip. DH had a big deal dental issue come up unexpectedly. something during a fairly routine crown replacement. we wont know until tomorrow if we can go or if he needs to do surgery ASAP. he may need to be on antibiotics first. a big abscess that was causing zero discomfort, but is very present.
yesterday we walked the park for close to 90 minutes, slower because it was so nice out. we stopped and watched ducks splashing and being overwhelmingly cute. we are on a bluff above them and can watch all the grooming and diving and fishing going on. mostly goldeneyes and red breasted mergansers with a few buffleheads. a bald eagle sitting there too. great morning. I skipped therapy because I was sore from the day before and did only stretches.
today I did all therapy without the added weights since I'm still sore in the butt. probably can add in weighted things tomorrow. did a bunch of curls and knee push ups some on the floor and some leaning against a table. did not get sore from the ones I did at therapy. I still need to be careful about overdoing it. I can get carried away and I dont want to dislodge anything after going thru all this. .

Today I did CDorner Kickboxing + Core "rock music" 39 minutes, 214 calories, heart rate 138/167, 2,803 steps. This did segments of kickboxing alternated with segments of core using 2# dumbbells for some and planks. There was quite a few jacks distributed in it, but I just modified the jumping. I also modified the core and Chris gives some suggestions here and there. I followed it with CDorner Day 13 from the challenge Full Body Mobility 14 minutes, 26 calories and finished with Raw Athletic Stretch #2 29 minutes, 51 calories. Total time was 82 minutes, 291 calories, 2,971 steps. My shoulders and hips are sore from yesterday's weights. Compound movement workouts always seem to make me really sore.

This morning was STS Disk 24 back and biceps. Not sad to see the last of Meso 2.

Carolyn great job with KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix and P30 Perfect Pump Lower Body and the Extended Stretch. I'm pretty sure you are more than several years older than my 63. And those of you working out who are older are a good portion of my inspiration, along with the alternate type of inspiration my parents with their walkers give me.

Diane Sue nice job with CDorner Total Body Sculpt no jumping and Raw Stretch Flow, CDorner Kickboxing + Core, mobility and stretch. You know, I think if I had said squat thrusts DH probably would have known what I was talking about.

Valerie your progress is going really well. I think a lot of people are happy that this new series can be pre-ordered individually. Many people will only want certain workouts. I hope it works out so that you can go on your trip. Great that you got a walk in and therapy exercises plus curls and knee push ups.

Today I did JS One Mile of Motivation and STS 2.0 Metabolic Core Warm Up. That was 26 minutes and 153 calories burned. Average heart rate 126 and maximum heart rate 157. I finished up with STS 2.0 Chair Yoga.

Valerie, I’m sorry that your husband’s dental issue might prevent you from taking a trip. Walking in the park at a more leisurely pace sounds nice.

Cathy, great job with STS disc 24. I feel like we all inspire each other in this group, something I’m very grateful for.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner Kickboxing +Core, CDorner Full Body Mobility, and Raw Athletic stretch.

Hello to Judy.

Today I did Raw Total Body Drop sets Express, 31 minutes, 107 calories, 104/136 heart rate. I then did CDorner day 12 Exhilarating Upper Body Stretch and Day 18 Stretching out Tight Shoulders and Chest, 27 minutes, 50 calories. Total time was 58 minutes, 157 calories. That is all I had time for this morning. I knocked a new bottle of oregano oil out of the cabinet and had a wonderful time cleaning up the mess. The brown glass shards matched my wood look ceramic tile. My house smells like the oil.

Cathy, I have a dvd around here somewhere that had a long burpee into jumps and back down segment. It was like a contest on how fast everyone could do a lot of burpees or something. I hated it and could hardly catch my breath between rounds. I did it though. Avoiding it now.

Yesterday I did 45 minutes of Peloton Full Body strength and a 45 minute Yin Yoga class. Today I did 50 minutes of Peloton rides.

Carolyn-Great job with KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix workout one, P30 Perfect Pump Lower Body and the Extended Stretch, JS One Mile of Motivation and STS 2.0 Metabolic Core Warm Up and STS 2.0 Chair Yoga.

Diane Sue-Great job with CDorner Total Body Sculpt no jumping, Raw Stretch Flow, CDorner Kickboxing + Core "rock music", CDorner Full Body Mobility and Raw Athletic Stretch, Raw Total Body Drop sets Express and the CDorner stretches.

Cathy-Great job with STS Disk 24 back and biceps. I agree about being inspired to keep working out. I get inspiration from everyone older than me (I’m 61) that is still training and staying strong and fit as they age.

Valerie-I’m sorry about your husband’s dental issue. I hope he is doing ok and that you will be able to take your trip after all.

Reactions: WD
he got to see oral surgeon today who seemed less excited about it than the endodontist was, and is set for an in-office surgery thursday so our vacation is not happening next week. he will lose the tooth but expected that, and will need it drained out and cleaned up. he might get an implant but the infection needs to clear first so will decide after we see how this goes. his family all have troublesome teeth. not the first abscess hes had for no reason. he and his family are prone to this. so rescheduled everything and will try for the next week instead.

only did therapy today but did the costco run so fair amount of walking there. doing a hike in the morning with neighbors.

Carolyn, nice work on Jessica Smith one mile of motivation and STS 2 Metabolic Core Warm Up.

Valerie, nice job on getting in the walk yesterday and therapy. I hope things go well with your husband's tooth and trip schedule goes as planned.

Judy, nice work on the 45 minutes of Peloton Full Body strength and a 45 minute Yin Yoga class yesterday and today's 50 minutes of Peloton rides.

Well yesterday after I posted, my husbands pain was back again. So, now we're not sure if all of the kidney stone really passed. He took a pain pill and we headed for ER, but half way there he said it was subsiding, but keep going. Got to the edge of town and stopped at a gas station with a subway. He hadn't really eaten all morning, so got a sub and decided we didn't need to go to ER. Back home we go and a couple hours later it was back, but never got as bad. Nothing since then. He has an ultrasound scheduled next week, so hopefully it'll stay calm till then. But, at this point, I'm keeping my bag with snacks and a filled water bottle ready to go.

So, in addition to not knowing how DH would feel today, Derek's car was scheduled for a jump, so I ended up just doing STS 2 Total Body Stretch. Once the car was running, DH took it to the dealership and it needed a new battery. Fortunately the small battery, as it's a Prius and the other battery is over $1000.

Valerie I'm sorry to hear your trip is postponed. Hopefully your husband's infection clears up quickly. Great job getting your therapy exercises in.

Diane Sue nice job with Raw Total Body Drop sets Express, and stretching. Cleaning up any kind of oil is never fun.

Judy great job with Peloton Full Body strength and yoga.

Carolyn nice job with JS One Mile of Motivation and STS 2.0 Metabolic Core Warm Up.

Today is my rest day and my investment club meeting. Fortunately no drama this month. I got ready to go to the grocery store yesterday and my battery was dead! No problem, I just pulled out the Halo Bolt portable battery charger and it was dead too. My husband is the only one who uses it and he hasn’t charged it recently. To make a long story short, we are dealing with jumping off the car battery and my husband and a friend are driving it around now.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Total Body drop sets and CDorner stretch.

Judy, great job with Peloton full body strength, Yin Yoga, and Peloton rides.

Valerie, I’m sorry that your husband’s dental problems have delayed your trip. Hopefully you will still be able to get away soon.

Cathy, your husband is really having a hard time with the kidney stones. It’s good that he is going to have the ultimate. Yesterday must have been the day for car battery woes. My battery is not that old and is still under warranty. I can’t have it checked out until Tuesday. Oh well!!

Have a good day everyone.

Did the park walk this morning with our neighbor friends, 2 hours. not going that fast with their dog and lovely morning with sunhine. I will do therapy in a bit. she doesn't have me doing as many exercises but the ones I do are harder. overall it takes less time. I feel like the exercises help a lot and that abs are getting tuned up quickly. something happens where some muscles need to get taught to re-engage after being disengaged for a long time. I did a bunch of push ups the other day and actually got a little sore.
we are planning on going next weekend if we can. depends on how difficult the procedure is but he usually gets thru dental issues pretty easily. if he has it thursday early he has several days to start feeling decent, and sitting and driving isn't hard on a mouth issue. if hes been able to sleep ok it's probably reasonable.

Battery problems all around right now! and kidney stones. hope your DH learns a little about causes his and is able to avoid this repeating all the time. stones are usually teeny tiny but hurt like they are giant boulders. drinking more water is the biggest help to make urine more dilute.
I always think an electric vehicle would be great and it would be nice to reduce gas usage. we still need cars with a longer range and also AWD. electric is not a good fit for us right now.

did all therapy work today too.

Last edited:
Today I did KCM Cardio Fit workout #1 boxing and lower body using the Raw channel. I do have the dvd, but chose to workout from the App. This was 32 minutes, heart rate 130/173, 172 calories, 1,471 steps. I used 15# dumbbells for the weight work. I then did KCM Boxfit #1 33 minutes, 158 calories, heart rate 126/167, wearing 1# gloves, 3,516 steps. I finished off with CDorner Day 24 neck and upper back mobility and Day 29 Unlock hips and Low Back mobiity 28 minutes, 43 calories. Total time was 93 minutes, 373 calories, 5,108 steps. I will probably have to take off several days from workouts as I have 3 mornings with things to go out for. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and some snow. Hoping it does not stay around long.
Cathy, I am sorry that your husband is still having the pain come and go. I hope that he can get some help with that.

I hate when things like car batteries quit working. My rear windshield wiper arm broke when my husband tried to change the blade this week. We got the part, but then had to order a puller and some oil to get the old one off. He put it on for me last night. It was a problem when I was driving home from church last Sunday and for whatever reason the broken one was trying to run when I turned on the front wipers. I had to leave them off because I was afraid of scratching the window.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.