Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/04/2024

I did a short workout yesterday as my husband and I had to go out and run errands. I did Raw Step Boxing 29 minutes, 154 calories, heart rate 130/152. 1.280 steps. I also did TBTS Abs, 16 minutes, 42 calories, 42 calories with 10#. Total time 45 minutes, 196 calories. Today I went to my granddaughter's baby shower this morning so no workout today either. I probably will not get one in till Monday.

Judy, yesterday's Yin Yoga and today's I did 10 minutes of shoulder mobility.

Carolyn, I hope you enjoyed your rest day and the farmer's market. I just put out an order to whole foods for some grocery items. I wanted to make a soup and get some meats and fresh vegetables.

Valerie, Target here has had a good sized grocery section and have always had some registers for people who had just a few items. I used to go to a large one between picking up and dropping off older grandchildren and it was nice because it had a post office area, Starbucks, groceries, and pretty much anything I needed. Although I did not get Starbucks all that often. I think that their coffee is overrated and expensive.

Last edited:
there must be a range of options at target stores. this is a big store. Everytime I go in there thinking its going to be better than last time, it isnt. ours has a starbucks also. I wish were better because its right next to costco and would be convenient but no.

I'm a starbucks lover. I've used their coffee since the 1970's when we used to make a special trip to their first store just to buy it. I know lots of people don't like it and say it tastes burned. I love the flavor and aroma and always get the darkest roast. most other coffee tastes "green" to me, like its not roasted. there are a few other companies that offer a good dark roast but theirs is easiest to find. we usually grind our own beans. there are so many starbucks here now, one in each grocery store I use.
we all like what we like, and I love love dark roast. they make a decaf dark roast that no one else has. I'm usually decaffeinated after my first cup so another advantage. it is expensive but I seldom buy a coffee drink at one of their stores. their beans are the same price as most other dark roasts. I cant believe the expensive calorie bombs I see people ordering there! the last thing I need is an 600 calorie cup of coffee with a high calorie bakery item. yipes I'd weigh twice as much as I do.

were going to ride mt bikes later today after it warms up a little. we're going to a trail nearby that is an old railroad grade. gravel but fairly flat and 30 miles long one way. just trying it out so not sure how far we'll go. I think it will be ok since there wont be any way to get up speed and its fine gravel so not OK for road bikes.

This morning I did my weekly yoga/mobility for 18 minutes.

Diane Sue, nice job with Raw Step and TBTS Abs. I’m sure that you enjoyed the baby shower. How exciting for your granddaughter to be expecting a baby.

Valerie, I hope that you are able to get in a ride today. I am a recovering Starbucks customer! I used to love the pumpkin spice lattes and all of my friends knew it. They would often bring them to me when they were out and about. When I think about the ridiculous number of calories in that drink I cringe. I haven’t had one in at least 15 years. I bought their beans too, but I don’t care for the darkest roasted beans. My go to beans now are the Kirkland Signature Columbian.

Hello to Cathy and Judy.

Saturday I worked 6 hours and took a rest day from working out. Yesterday I did a 20 min total body strength workout. I have a couple more days of active rest to go then I will return to normal workouts.

Diane Sue-Great job with Raw Step Boxing and TBTS Abs.

Valerie-I hope you had a nice ride yesterday.

Carolyn-Great job with your weekly yoga/mobility workout.

Hi to Cathy

Realized this morning that I never posted yesterday. I had gotten up late and did Live Quick Fix Cardio and was 2/3rds of the way through STS 2 Standing Abs Plus Floor when my brother called. Since he had only been home a couple days after a 3 week hospital stay, I stopped and talked to him. He was craving apple pie and his wife hadn't been able to find any in the local stores bakery or frozen with full top crust. He did not want crumble or lattice. After talking to him and agreeing to pick him up some at their favorite restaurant on my way to visit in the afternoon. Then called my sister to update her and things he told me. By that time, I needed to do stuff and forgot to post. Sadly, the restaurant was super busy and already out of his beloved pie. This morning I did STS Disk 22 Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. It was rough, but I did it all at the weights the workout manager told me to use.

Judy nice job with the TB strength workout.

Valerie sorry the weather continues to mess with your usual outdoor activities. Glad you were able to get in an hour walk anyway and great that you got in your therapy exercises. Target is just some place I never go. They just aren't located in the areas where I shop.

Carolyn great job keeping up with your yoga.

Diane Sue nice job with Raw Step Boxing and TBTS Abs.

we ended up riding our neighborhood again instead of the trail. we thought it was open isn't. we'd have to load the bikes and drive a ways to get to an open section. another day. so 40 minutes of up and down. then therapy work.

carolyn I got over weird coffee flavor fads a long time ago. I don't like other flavors or aromas mixed in. I like plain coffee, or with a little steamed nonfat milk. some of those concoctions I see getting mixed up must be WAY over the top calorie wise. I don't want my drink sweet or creamy. it's odd so many people struggle with how to fit in points from sweetener and creamer into WW when its so simple to enjoy the flavor and aroma of coffee itself. not trying to talk anyone into anything here!

Judy you definitely deserve a day off, maybe 2. you've been working very hard lately with workouts.

I have PT therapy today and a haircut mid day that will take most of my time. I'm cancelling my therapy for the next 2 weeks and will reschedule after we get back. hopefully a trip next week. I want to go somewhere else for a while if the weather cooperates.

This morning I did ICE Low Impact Sweat workout one. That was 28 minutes and 178 calories burned. My average heart rate was 129 and maximum heart rate was 150.

Judy, nice job doing 20 minutes of total body strength training. A rest day was certainly called for after you worked 6 hours.

Cathy, great job with Live Cardio Quick Fix, STS Standing Abs plus Core, and STS disc 22 chest, shoulders, and triceps. It’s too bad that you couldn’t get the apple pie that your brother was craving.

Valerie, good job with riding in your neighborhood and doing your therapy exercises. I agree with you about flavored coffee. It was a phase for me, but I love the smell and unadulterated taste of good coffee. I have done coffee subscriptions from time to time when I received them as gifts. It gives me a chance to try new coffee roasters. Some I like and others, not so much.

Hello to Diane Sue.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Today I did Raw-30 minute Box and Sculpt 29 minutes, 151 calories, heart rate `30/165, 1,125 steps. I then did Raw Slim Sculpt 23 minutes, 133 calories, 134/151, 1,175 steps. I finished with CDorner Day 10 morning spinal mobility, 18 minutes, 35 calories. Total time was 70 minutes, 319 calories, 2300 steps. I keep watching for Kelly's new workouts. I saw on Instagram that they were shipped out 5 days ago.
I think with coffee it depends more on how fresh they are as to taste. Dark and burnt are two different things. Sometimes they over roast and the oils escape the beans. I always buy whole bean coffee. I purchased a hand grinder that I can grind expresso from when I want it decaf. I am not taking the beans out of my expresso machine grinder. I like it pretty strong so usually do a double expresso and add a little water. I like cream or barista oatmilk in it, but no sugar or sweeteners. I just purchased some from Whole Foods that is from an Oklahoma coffee house and the beans are roasted in Oklahoma CIty. My bags were dated as roasted Jan 29. One is a dark roast and the other a light roast and both are excellent. I tend to drink more of it in a day when it is really good. If it is just so so I drink about half as much. Years ago I would go to Starbucks a dark chocolate expresso. They quit making it. Once I went to Target and got a coffee and they ruined my taste for it. It was one of those creamy concoctions, and the woman kept messing with it and then said they must not have cleaned the machine the night before and dumped it. She refilled the same cup she had put it in and gave it to me. I couldn't drink it after her saying the machine was not clean.
I need to get to bed. I am working on getting there earlier. I had to go out twice today and getting things done after a busy last week.

Just finished Gloved Up and Sweaty and SB Bonus Abs 2. Had to interrupt the cardio to run up stairs and get my extra car key for Derek. He had a dentist appointment and his car is dead. Last night DH came upstairs and said "you have a kickboxing DVD that hasn't even been opened." Umm yeah. Told him I had used it, I'd just been streaming it, and he was welcome to open and use it. Do need to warn him about the burpees. I haven't opened the total body one yet and probably should do that. So, the new series, who's getting it. I think it sounds good for recovery weeks, and it would be a good series for DH.

Diane Sue great job with Raw-30 minute Box and Sculpt, Raw Slim Sculpt and mobility. That's nasty having someone tell you the machine wasn't clean and then trying to serve you from it.

Carolyn nice job with ICE Low Impact Sweat.

Valerie glad you got in a ride despite the trail being closed. I hope everything works out so you can travel soon.

Hi Judy.

Today I did Total Body Barbell, Upper Body and Core premix. My time was 49 minutes and 190 calories burned. Average heart rate was 113 and maximum heart rate was 140.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Box and Sculpt, Raw Slim Sculpt, and CDorner stretch.

Cathy, nice job with Gloved Up and Sweaty. I’m definitely getting Cathe’s newest series. I’m very excited that she is creating workouts for those of us who are older but still want to remain active. I’m barely following the February rotation this month because many of the workouts are ones that I no longer want to do.

Hello to Valerie and Judy.

I had therapy today and she really worked me. I did a few stretches after I got home and let it go at that. I can bend more now than what Ive been doing until now. I did 5 push ups today using a weight bench so not totally flat but I can do those now. I can do tricep push ups too as long as my back stays flat, which it should be. it was easy to go into a plank position on a weight bench and I said, "can I do a push up??" and she said if I felt I could to do it, sure, so I did 5. It felt ok and I felt strong and "connected" like I had control of my core and back. I will be doing more of those! I want to see if I get sore spots before I go nuts here!

I thought I was done with new series but I will take a look at what cathe has coming. carolyn like you a lot of the older workouts are too intense for me now. too fast and too much jumping. I am past that. doesnt mean I'm ready to sit in the recliner forever either.

Last edited:
Today I did CDorner Advanced Step #358 Dua Lipa X Taylor Swift, 60 minutes, heart rate 122/150, 266 calories, 4,535 steps. I then did CDorner Full Body Mobility stretch and flow from today, 21 minutes, 46 calories. This one was outside with a group of women. Total time was 81 minutes, 312 calories, 4,592 steps. I am interested in Cathe's new series that is coming out. I have high hopes for them anyway. I know a lot of us are not so interested in functional stuff, but maybe she will have something that is good.

Valerie, that is great that you can do push ups. I am glad things are going well.

Just finished STS Disk 23 Legs and P30 Extended Stretch. I was really not in the mood to do this today, but after dawdling about getting down here and then dawdling after I set everything up, I finally did it. LOL Looking forward to Meso 3 next week. So last night I mentioned Gloved Up and Ready to DH and warned him about the burpees. His response was what's a burpee. How he's been using my Cathe DVD's for a couple decades and never run across burpees is beyond me. When I described them, he was like NOPE. I told him just to do something else at that part, but he was all I just won't do it. Yet, I see he laid it by the TV. Then Derek was quizzing me about did they include pushups, thankfully these don't, as the ones they did for basketball practices included pushups. I'm good with jumping and even heel clicks, but I dislike pushups as a general rule. LOL

Diane Sue great job with CDorner Advanced Step and Full Body Mobility Stretch.

Valerie Yay! on how much improvement you are seeing. Are the therapists surprised that someone in your age range would even want to attempt a push up or plank. I would think they don't see that often.

Carolyn great job with Total Body Barbell, Upper Body and Core premix.

Hi Judy.

Last edited:
Yesterday I worked 4 hours then did a 20 minute full body strength workout and 20 minutes of rowing. Today I did 35 minutes of rowing and 10 minutes of shoulder mobility work. I will be preordering Cathe’s new series as soon as I finish posting.

Cathy-Great job with Live Quick Fix Cardio, STS 2 Standing Abs Plus Floor, STS Disk 22 Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps, Gloved Up and Sweaty and SB Bonus Abs 2 and STS Disk 23 Legs and P30 Extended Stretch. That’s great that your DH is doing Cathe’s workouts. I bet the new series would be good for him too.

Valerie-Thank you, I really did need a few days of easier workouts. I probably need to be more consistent with scheduling rest days. Great job with your ride and therapy work. That’s awesome that you can do pushups.

Carolyn-I agree about Cathe’s new series. I also have a hard time with many of the older workouts and so much high impact work. Great job with ICE Low Impact Sweat workout one and Total Body Barbell, Upper Body and Core premix.

Diane Sue-I received Kelly’s new DVDs last week. I haven’t had a chance to do them but did preview a little and they look good. Great job with Raw-30 minute Box and Sculpt 29 minutes, Raw Slim Sculpt, CDorner Day 10 morning spinal mobility, CDorner Advanced Step #358 Dua Lipa X Taylor Swift and CDorner Full Body Mobility stretch and flow.

Just read the email about the new workouts. Was happy to see a low impact cardio will be included with other bonuses. I'll wait and order these after the Fort Worth trip so I won't have to fit them in my budget yet. Also, for those who don't want them all, you can pre-order individual DVD's.

these are definitely modified push ups. the PT lady has met me before so she was not surprised but I did hang there in a slightly angled plank, chat, do five push ups, chat more, and not collapse!. I agree many of the people she sees cant do anything. ( Use it or lose it is so true) I always like planks especially for core benefits. will probably stick with modified push ups. I dont want to re-aggravate whatever was acting up in my shoulder. I have done so little for almost 4 months I kind of surprised myself that it went so well. I have some sore spots today, mainly in my butt after doing bridges holding a ball between knees with one leg extended. oh boy ....does that target glutes.
cathy thats a good point I might have missed. not sure I want a whole series but a couple new things would be fun. I will look at the options. even when I was a lot younger I didnt do the high impact moves and jumps. did work-arounds.

This morning I did KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix workout one. That was 26 minutes, 181 calories burned, average heart rate 128, and maximum heart rate 152.

Valerie, it sounds like your therapy is going well. It’s great that you can do pushups and planks. I hope that Cathe’s new workouts will add more options for me when I feel like I want to go a little easier.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner Advanced Step and Mobility.

Cathy, nice job with STS disc 23 Legs. I’m several years older than you and I probably feel a greater need to adjust my workouts. I want to be active but not hurt myself.

Judy, great job with the full body strength, rowing, and shoulder mobility workouts.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Today I did CDorner Total Body Sculpt no jumping, 39 minutes, 162 calories, heart rate 114/152, 557 steps. I then did Raw Stretch Flow, 19 minutes, 51 calories. Total time was 57 minutes, 213 calories. I went a bit lighter than Chris did on some of this. I also did the upper body stuff on Chris latest foam roller workout skipping the lower body. Lower body puts a lot of pressure on my wrists holding my body up.

Cathy, good job getting in STS Disc 23 Legs and P30 Extended Stretch even though you were not in the mood. That is funny that your husband does not know what a burpee is. Maybe your husband meant he just would not do the burpees. I think squat thrusts are a bit easier than all out burpees as far as safety. I am not in love with either one. I want to order the new workouts as soon as I get some other things taken care of. I have had so many costly surprises come at me lately.

Judy, great job doing the 20 minute full body strength workout and 20 minutes of rowing yesterday and today's 35 minutes of rowing and 10 minutes of shoulder mobility work. I heard that Kelly was going to try to get the workouts up on the Raw App by the end of the week. I am looking forward to doing them.

Valerie, being fit really helps get back to normal faster after surgery. Pushups no matter how done are not easy.

Carolyn, nice work on Cardio Quick fix today. I find I need lighter workouts more and more. I am looking forward to the whole set. I like keeping my strength up and there is a need for it for bone health, but I need things to help me recover and for health.

This morning I did P30 Perfect Pump Lower Body and the Extended Stretch. My time was 44 minutes with 165 calories burned. My average heart rate was 112 and maximum heart rate was 138.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner Total Body Sculpt, Raw Stretch Flow, upper body foam rolling.

Hello to Judy, Cathy, and Valerie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.