Pentagenarians & Beyond:W/B 12/15

I made this for my FB page and wanted to share it with you too.

Attachments

• Misty and Tiger Xmas.jpg
    Misty and Tiger Xmas.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 12
Good morning,
The infection was still showing up on Monday when I had the new culture done. Still getting rip roaring pains and stomach upset. I am done with these on Saturday morning. Maybe then I will be feeling more normal.

Valerie, I have an ap on my iPad that downloads the shows to it, then I watch it on the iPad. I assume your laptop is wireless? I would think you could do the same thing with that as the "device" and watch on the laptop.

Judy, that picture is so cute!

Garance, I would not wish a UTI on my worst enemy.

Hi to Lori, & Josie,

Stay warm.

Hi, Ladies,

I went to see Evita last night. It was wonderful, my friend Jay called out of the blue and invited me.

I will be spinning later on today and then I will be baking for a couple of hours. My peanuts are coming over on Saturday and will be staying until January 4th. It is our turn to have them for the holidays :).

Deb, UTI's and shingles are the worst :(. I had a UTI back in the 80's and was sick for a couple of weeks. Hope that you get better soon.

Judy, I love your FB picture.

Valerie, Express is having a 50% sale right now on every item. I like my Levi jeans, they come in so many different styles to accommodate women's shapes. I got mine at JC penneys.

Garance, I agree with you about the trees having personalities. Ours remind me of my younger brother Jorge. He is short, but carries himself like a six foot tall man :).

Lori, it is funny that your cat would eat the lights :)

Josie

Hi Deb, Josie, Valerie, Lori, and Judy--

This morning I did All Out Low Impact Hiit +Core 1 (49:22).

Really gorgeous here today--bright sun and in the 30s. I guess it will get even milder by Sunday, but also rain, making the snow look grey and ugly, I'm sure.

Poor Deb! Rip roaring pains sounds horrific!

Josie, I love the description of your tree! I'm sure your peanuts will love seeing it. I put up the ornaments we bought at the Jersey Shore this summer and thought about my SIL, who bought a hummingbird ornament at the same time.

Ahh! Judy, what a great picture!

DH received copies of the indictments, which included the coroner's report. Now we are haunted by her last moments: spinal cord crushed, lacerations to heart and liver, and flailing, a term I had to look up. Don't!

Hi to Lori and Valerie!

Good afternoon Ladies!

Last night I did HS again with the condition drills. this morning I ran 2.5 miles. Tonight I think is one of the burn sets from Xtrain.

Deb...wow I am so sorry you are still struggling with the UTI. Can't believe how long this has gone on now.

Judy, Thanks for sharing your FB picture. I also read your post about your cat I think Misty being a neck rest when you worked out. Very sweet and touched me deeply.

Josie...sometimes the best times are so unexpected. Glad you enjoyed Evita. Enjoy your Grand Children over the holidays! I wear Levi's too and like them Never think of going to JCPenney's for them.

Lynda...I am so sorry for you and your DH. I can't imagine what you are going thru. Again..I hope that girls gets everything that is coming to her.

Hi to Valerie!

Judy...surprise, Express has a store here.... 40 miles away. another place for me to look but after xmas. it's in a very busy mall. there is also a penneys and a macys. As I was standing in the returns line this morning at Costco, I noticed all the different shapes in various jeans... I am in way better shape than ALL of those in front of me, and they found jeans.... I must not be looking hard enough.
one thing I noticed at Gap and Kohls is apparently 'skinny" jeans are very popular right now. gap had mostly skinny ones. definitely not for me.

Deb, I can't believe you are having such a rough time. I had UTI's for years when I was a kid and I didn't enjoy it, but back then the bacteria succumbed to antibiotics in under 24 hours. you went from thinking you were going to die, to feeling decent in under 24 hours. after this whole episode resolves, be vigilant & extra careful because after this much antibiotic exposure, you are primed for a yeast infection. be especially careful with hygiene..... antibiotics kill off the "normal flora" bacteria that are always present and keep things in balance and allow yeast to grow like crazy. I've had my share of those and I think they're worse than a UTI.

we went mt biking again yesterday for a couple hours, and did another 2 cat stops but haven't found what we want yet. no rush, we will keep looking. do not want a kitten... I'd love one but I don't think it would be a good match.... so many kitties looking for homes but most of them are so BIG, and I don't think another male would be a good fit.

Lynda, that is horrendous. sometimes it's best not to know too many details...
I'm going to start simple and ask the tech people from our cable service the best way to do streaming, since some of the boxes with the TV are theirs anyway. our laptop is wireless but it's not something I want to watch anything on. DH and I do that when camping, but it's very hard for 2 people to view the screen comfortably.

supposed tom snow here tomorrow so that will mess up everything for sure.

Hi Everyone,

Tonight I did Pyramid Upper Body. Tomorrow morning I will do a Spinerval before work.

Deb-I hope you are feeling better and over the UTI soon. You have really had a bad time:(

Josie-sounds like you will have a fun Christmas with your grandchildren :)
I used to like Levi's jeans too, I'll have to look at those the next time I go to Penneys.

Lynda-that is awful :( I'm so sorry that you and your husband had to see that report.

Lori-Sounds like you are getting some good workouts in! When I did my workout tonight both kittens were in the room with me, just laying around and watching.

Valerie-I hope you find some jeans at Express. I need to get back there soon too. Gap used to work well for me, but recently I haven't liked them as much.

Judy

Attachments

• 121913.jpg
    121913.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 4

This morning I did Flextrain (56:36).

Deb, since you have not posted, I am assuming you are still suffering. You poor thing. The last thing anyone needs at this time of year when everyone is preoccupied with the holidays.

Lori, what is HS? Is it Cathe's High Step workout? It sounds like we are going to be caught between two fronts in the coming days--cold from the north and warm and wet from the south. It could get messy before it gets better. Any movies for you this weekend? I'm thinking of seeing Dallas Buyers Club, although the pictures I have seen of Matthew McConaughy are rather alarming because he lost so much weight. If American Hustle opens around here, I may try to see it before Christmas, although I still have some baking to do, and a lot of wrapping.

Valerie, good luck on the jean-shopping. I have several pairs and they just never wear out, so I cannot imagine buying any for quite awhile. I agree with you on yeast infections. I have had 2 spells of them, and they are ghastly.

Hi to Judy and Josie!

Hi ladies!!

Slept in this morning and it felt great! Tonight I did one of the squat racks from sts. Really pleased with my squat rack!

My DS and his girlfriend are coming over and the plan is to order chinese. Will be a nice night.

Deb...thinking of you and hope this round of antibiotics fixes things for you.

Judy..I loved your kitty watching your workout! So cute. My cats to not hang around when I work out but my little Nilla (chihuahua) does. She will wait at the
end of the matts and just stare at me until I am done. I always wonder what she is thinking!

Lynda...Sorry HS is HardStrikes. Did not mean to type onthe the initials! Was really nice today here. Mid 40's. Funny that us New Englanders think mid 40's is nice! Yeah the weather will be off in the next few day. The plan is for DH and I to finally see catching fire this weekend. I hear American Hustle is good. I for some reason do not feel the need to see Dallas Buyers Club at the theater. I do hear it is good though.

Valerie...you were hysterical about standing in line and looking at the people all different sizes wearing jeans! I got a kick out of this.

Josie...have fun with the peanuts!!

Chat with you all tomorrow.

deb check in and let us know you are okay!

Lori, I am a people watcher and I do NOT always like what I see.... but there are some widely varied size women out there and they all have cute jeans on. I am not that demanding but they need to be comfortable and I need to be able to move without sliding off/down. the few days before xmas are not good shopping days but I will persist.

I've been researching and consumer reports did an article on streaming media players and that is probably what I will get. they were all under $100. need to get DH on board here. he nixed the idea of blue ray because you can't record with one.... bnot that we record often.

So sick. It's not the UTI any longer but some intestinal thing. I went to the Dr yesterday and they sent me for some tests including an ultra sound of my abdomen. I believe it's from the number of antibiotics I was on in a 2 week period. I am now on 48 hours of only clear liquids. It has not changed anything yet. Could Bo an inflamed colon, diverticulitu, or something like that. I am supposed to get a CT scan but the approval ffrom the insurance company did not come through in time yesterday.

Hi Ladies,

I went spinning this morning. I have been baking all morning and just sat down to take a break. My peanuts should be here in a few minutes. I can't wait :)

Deb, I'm so sorry to hear that you are not doing well. I hope something works.

I will be back later.

Josie

Deb, I'm so sorry that you are sick. I think you are right, it's probably because of all the antibiotics you had to take. I hope you feel better soon.

Good morning all!

Yesterday was flex train with the Lean legs band work added in. Then still had energy and went with x10 low impact. Usually when I combine workouts I do not do the 2nd workout warm up. However I feel x10's warm up is really fast paced and seems like a little workout in itself.

Today I am going to do muscle max. Judy you have mentioned this a couple of times and now I have the urge to do it.

Deb...I am so sorry with what you are going thru. Sounds terrible. Hopefully now that they seem to know what's going on they can treat it correctly. I hate when you have to wait for insurance companies. Drives me insane all the money we pay. Hope you get that cat scan soon.

Valerie...we have comcast with several dvrs and record frequently. We also have a sony blue ray player that we use to stream..netflix and amazon videos. This works well for us.

Lynda...I agree with you about Jackson making the hobbit movies darker than the books. I like it though. But yes very different from the books. As far as the ending my mouth dropped with the cliffhanger!!! Even though we have read the book and know what happens it still felt like a what????

Work tomorrow then off till after New Year!! Hi to Josie!!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

Lori-I did Muscle Max last night :) This morning will be a Spinerval.

I never heard back about the Vitamin Shoppe job, even though she left it that she wanted to hire me and was going to see how much she could offer and call me back in 2 days. DH thinks her boss told her to hire someone who would take $7.50 an hour and forget about experience. He said, when did you ever see anyone working at Vitamin Shoppe that looked like they knew anything? He does have a point. He wasn't being mean, it's just that most of the employees there are college students that just want a part time job, not people who are well trained in nutrition and supplements.

DH is off until Jan 3rd. I will be off Christmas Eve and Day, and New Years Day. We will be taking FIL out to eat on Christmas Eve and then giving him his presents. We were over there yesterday and he was trying to write out his Christmas cards. They were all over his table and he was just sitting there looking overwhelmed. We tried to help him but he wouldn't let us. I texted SIL and she was going to call him and try to help him over the phone and at least tell him not to worry about sending them late.

We really got lucky missing the ice storm. It was just to the north and west of us.

Hi to Deb, Lynda, Valerie, and Josie!

Judy

This morning I did Rockout Knockout (55:16).

Deb, I hope you get an accurate diagnosis and a treatment plan that works soon. It's just so hard to be sick this time of year because everyone is taking time off for the holidays.

It's in the 60s today, so all of our snow has melted. It just feels weird, but I'm really glad the ice storm stayed way north of us.

Valerie, I have a Sony Blu-ray like Lori, and it works great for streaming Amazon in HD.

Judy, I hope your husband is wrong, or at least the woman has the common courtesy to call you and tell you what happened. We always go out on Christmas Eve with another couple for dinner and it's always so festive. We exchange small gifts too.

Lori, the end of Catching Fire is another cliffhanger, so I feel like that's all I've been doing is seeing things that don't end and then I must wait another year to see what happens. This includes season 6 of Doc Martin, the mid-season finales of Scandal, Nashville, and The Walking Dead. Phew! I'm ready for something with narrative closure.

Josie, I have one more cookie to bake tomorrow morning. Have fun with your peanuts.

Ran into opposition on the blue ray idea ... you can't record with it. we don't record very often so I didn't think that would be an issue, but we do record the Olympics and watch it later using FF to get thru the endless filler.. and I guess with Sochii coming up in Feb it was on his mind. I need to convince him this will be useful or it will be an uphill battle.
no rush.. I will try to take a look at the library available thru amazon prime. I assume I will be able to do that...

Did cardio supersets plus the core 1 yesterday. that one always seems like a good workout when I don't really feel like doing anything. we were going to run this morning but it's still sloppy wet and raining on and off. most of our snow us gone now but it made a muddy mess of trails. so will do treadmill or spin ( another try) this afternoon.

watched a mt bike competition (Utah near Zion NP called the rampage).. yesterday that we accidentally came across while surfing... holy cow... you would not believe what people do on bikes... amazing. 60 foot drops, narrow ledges, backflips, something called a superman... wow.

Deb. hope you are doing better!.

Just a quick update-the Vitamin Shoppe manager just called me. They would only go up to $8.50 an hour so I declined. I'm glad that she called, and am happy I was offered the job. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to take such a pay cut and probably have to work weekends. DH wasn't too happy about the idea of me switching jobs, since I never work weekends where I am now.

This morning I did Lean Legs and Abs (48:33). I'm still amazed that the pink band work stings as much as it does.

Deb, if you can, let us know how you are doing. Thinking of you.

Valerie, I guess I don't even think about recording things anymore with DVR. Yes, you can certainly look at all of the movies and TV options available. They add stuff all the time.

Judy, I'm sure it's heartening to know that someone wants to hire you, but the trade-off (no weekends) sounds like a deal breaker, in addition to a lower wage.

What's on the menu for Christmas everyone? DH is doing a standing rib roast (from his beef, so no antibiotics and grass fed) with some kind of gravy/sauce. I am doing my usual mashed potatoes and mushrooms in a wine/cream sauce, and a spinach salad with bosc pears, craisins, red onion, and toasted hazel nuts and a balsamic, olive oil, grainy mustard and tiny bit of sugar vinaigrette. Cookies and ice cream for dessert, and serving prosecco with dinner.

Hi to Josie and Lori!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.