Pentagenarians & Beyond! W/B 1/4

Hi Ladies:
This week off is just flying away:(.Went to new job today and was able to pee for drug test,yipee!Ispoke with assistant director and director about unit manager position.If I take the job I would be in charge of 2 units,total of 58 patients.Also will be resource person for nursing staff.I would have to be on call but just for questions.Management prefers staff to take care of call-in's and not have us come in and do the floor.They know that this would take away from our duties.I'll be talking to DON tomorrow to find out what the salary in,because it is salary position:( Seems like there are pros and cons to both jobs,decisions,decisions...
Deb:Good,I'm glad you were able to sleep in bed.Why should you have to move,he's the one that won't go to the doctor.Today I did the elliptical and ab routine.Tomorrow DH will be home from work so we'll probably go to the movies.That Brides War looked pretty funny.
Garance:Sorry your dance class got cancelled.I'd like to start a dance class again.Usually DH is so pooped out when he gets home he usually doesn't move once he hits the couch.
JoanC:Hope DSG was better today without pacifier.
Josie:I'll have to check that 50millionpound website,thanks.
Have a great night ladies~Linny~

Good evening everyone,

Josie - I went to 50 mil lb challenge. I love it, according to his weight range I only need to lose 33lbs. :D Of course, I used the upper limit.:eek: The diet isn't too much different from what I am trying to do now. I wonder why only 2 cups of tea a day? I always have at least 3 cups of orange flavored green tea. That I won't give up.

Linny - I'm glad you have your choice of positions but I wouldn't want to have to make that decision. I hope whichever you choose it won't be too stressful. Elliot was good but no nap. All day it was where's my night-night.
(her term for pacifier)

garance - I almost prefer Body Challenge over biggest loser. They let everyone stay until the end of 6 months. The team that loses biggest % wins. They only come to weigh in every two months and lose at home but get a trainer. On Biggest Loser I wish they could wait a month before they start sending people home. I know you have to learn to do it at home but this bunch obviously doesn't know how and I can't believe you would learn enough in one week.

Deb - I just printed booklet from website(50mil lb) and didn't try to down load program. It said I needed it, but was able to print. Maybe there was video that would have worked? I usually listen to books on cd but with rearranging the wo area I can now see tv. This week I have walked while watching the Body Challenge. I usually don't watch much tv. I do watch Biggest Loser, but I don't know why. They don't really give any advice on how to accomplish 12-30lbs in a week. That arm band thing they wear wouldn't help either. Who has more than an hour to wo?

I got my hour in on treadmill. Today was really cold, but tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 50's. Yea! Maybe I can get out of the house. It's not easy taking my mother and my DGD out at the same time. If we go very far I need wheelchair for my mother.
Joan

TGIF!!!

Good Morning!

Boy this has been a long week! It was the first full week of work I have had since mid December. It did not snow too much here but in my Dad's county is has snowed 20 inches since 11:00 pm last night. This makes it hard for him because his only outing is to go to the Sr Center for lunch and playing cards etc. That breaks up his long day..He can't take his car out when it is that bad. I slept in today, did not even hear DH get up with Keegan and go downstairs.

Garance, I agree on doing the STS workouts twice the way that Cathe talked about. It makes sense. The other "couch" night, I actually went downstairs to the couch, and DH must have woken himself up because he came down about 1:30 and said I should go up and he would stay on the couch. He is worried about my back with all the lifting of Kelsey up and down stairs, it is getting a little sore. The couch does not help it. Don't get me wrong, he lifts her too, it gets a little crazy. Too bad about not getting to do the ballroom class.

Linny, glad you were able to pee! LOL:D..now the hard part comes with the decision on the position to take. Does you DH want you to take it? Are you concerned because it is salariedand you may be working more hours for no overtime?

Joan, maybe I will try going to that web site again, I just get worried when my pc virus scan softwear goes crazy with warning that something is being downloaded that is dangerous to my PC...I got to the site through Google, maybe if I just type it in the browser, it would be different..

Hi to Josie, glad you are enjoying taking care of GS...thanks for the website..

Have a great day and stay warm!

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Joan--

This morning I did AOS Providence (45 min. I think).

I went to the 50 million lb. site and the same thing happened to me as happened to you Deb when I clicked on the 30 day diet. Warning me of Spy ware, too. I'm too skittish to take a chance on that.

I sympathize with you on your dad, Deb. My mom lived in a midrise for the elderly, and she loved going down to the recreation/kitchen area for a couple hours every day to play cards and schmooze with her friends. I think companionship is really important for the elderly, especially if they are alone.

Joan, this is the first time I have ever really watched the Biggest Loser, and I was really shocked when they just eliminated half of them after I assume they had arranged their lives for a long stay and that it was supposed to be in pairs. With half of every pair gone, it just seems weird. But I was really touched by some of them--the youngest and heaviest, and that ginormous fellow who had gastric bypass (guess that didn't help!). Also the previews for next week where Jillian is shocked by Bob's fury with some cryer, because apparently he's the gentle trainer to her trainer-from-hell persona. So what is this other show? Enable me (like I need another reality show!). I'm waiting for American Idol to begin again, with a new fourth judge. Also 24 is starting again, and I have loved some of those seasons.

Let us know, Linny, if Bride Wars is any good. I like the stars, but some of the reviews have said it's not funny to see two women "friends" do what they do to each other over weddings. Bridezillas run amok!

Very cold here, leading to DH's requests for fattening comfort food--mashed potatoes, meat loaf, pulled pork. Oh dear!

Hi Ladies:
Just got off the phone with future boss.Another nurse that applied for Unit Manager decided she didn't want the position.So its still available and I'' be talking about salary on monday.Its going to be a tough decision if money is same as I'd be making on third shift. Working third shift I'd only be doing mon-thurs,day position is mon-friday.Well I guess I'll have to make a decision next week.
Deb:Its freezing here too!BRRRR!Heard we are getting another snowstorm this weekend:(Too bad your Dad is so far away,maybe his nice neighbors will come by and visit with him.My DH definitely wants me to take day postion.He misses me at night,likes his wife next to him at night. New boss says she doesn't like her salaried staff staying longer than their 8 hour shift.But there may be the occasional time I'll have to stay and help out.
Garance:I read some reviews about Bride Wars and wasn't impressed.So we went to see Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. I'd give the movie 4 out of 4,it had a little bit of everything in it.Tomorrow we'll probably go see The Reader,heard it was suppose to be an excellent movie also.I also was able to get on 50million site but as soon as I tried to open results of a member my computer send an error and shut down site.Weird. Pulled pork so yummy.
JoanC:Sorry for some reason I thought Elliot was a boy.Hopefully she'll get over loss of pacifier soon. That orange flavored tea sounds good.I'm not a tea drinker but I may like that.
Josie:How's things in Cally?
I'll check in tomorrow,have a good night~Linny~

It's Saturday!

Good Morning!

No plans today, just boring house work. At least we did not get any more snow yesterday or last night. DH and I watched 2 episodes of House from my DVD set he got me for Christmas! I love that show!

Garance, mmm mashed potatoes, and pulled pork would be wonderful! We go to this little BBQ place that has the best pulled pork and smoked turkey. Did you read that Max and Corina (sp?) on Dancing with the Stars are engaged now?

Linny, it must be a really hard decision on the job. Can you try the day shift one and if you really don;t like it, wait for a midnight shift opening and take that? It seems like the midnight shift positions have more turnover. I think it is more healthy to work a day shift. I have read a lot about it ( I manage locations that are 24/7) and the body really does not get used to being up at night and sleeping duringthe day. It puts a lot of stress on you. Probably a lot of it has to do with the 2 or 3 days off you get and you try to switch your schedule to be like everone else's and then have to go back to the midnight schedule again. I worked it off and on for 2 years way back in time!

Joan, any plans for the weekend?

Josie, how was the sitting? Is the weather better there now?

Have a great day!

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Joan--

Cleaning house here--my day off. I'm in my office now for a couple hours, but I plan to go home early and make boeuf bourguignon, which we won't have until tomorrow, but it tastes better the next day. We're supposed to get more snow this afternoon, too, but when I look at the weather map, it seems to be going south of here. Next week looks viciously cold--temps in the single digits.

Linny, it sounds like a difficult decision, but Deb's advice is good. I suspect you are leaning to the day job with DH missing you evenings. I have heard that Gran Torino is excellent, although playing a racist curmudgeon is not a reach for Clint Eastwood, Mr. "make my day." I haven't read any reviews of The Reader, but Kate Winslet is getting a lot of nominations for her role in this one.

Deb, is DWTS coming on again soon? Just what I need! I am looking forward to 24 beginning tomorrow night, and then Tuesday American Idol starts. 24 received good reviews in the NYTimes and EW, so I am hoping it's a lot better than the last installment. I like House, too, and it's nice that DH has found a TV program that he likes.

Hi to Joan and Josie!

Good afternoon everyone,
No wo yesterday. My knees started to hurt after Thursdays treadmill, even ice packs and advil didn't help. I guess I need to alternate cardio and weights.

I worked to 4am to get half of 400 tax questionaires in envelopes stamped and ready for mailing. Now I'll start on the rest.

garance - the National Body Challenge is on Discovery Health and reruns on Fittv. I think website is Discoveryhealth.com. It started before Biggest Loser. I think in 2000. It's on every day for a week. Winner was announced Friday.

Linny - Everyone is going to think Elliot is a boys name. If she had been a boy it would have been Benito.:confused: I remember in 1970 when I was in college, I had an accounting professor who would not speak to me. Everyday he would ask questions of the class going down the row until he came to me then skip to the boy next to me. I actually thought it was great.
But in the early days of accounting it was a man's world. I got a lot of literature addressed to John. If I had only known I should have changed my name. :rolleyes:HaHa.
I have no idea where they got the name but they wanted to be different. It's a good thing Elliot is a blue eyed blond dressed in pink. At least when people see her they won't think she is a boy.

Deb - Only plans are to get some work done. I'm really behind.

Hi Josie

We did get out yesterday. It was over 50 degrees but today it is freezing. I wish it would pick a temperature and stay there.
I still need to do a wo today.
Joan

Hi Ladies:
Went to movies today saw the Reader,good but not as good as Gran Torino.
Tonight the snow storm begins.We are suppose to get 5-9 inches.:(.I'm tired of snow already.
Deb:I do agree about third shift being bad for your health,but so isn't stress.I guess I'll have to weigh all my options.Would be better if I just won Powerball and quit working:D.I never watched House but it is one of my DD's favorite maybe I should check it out sometime.
Garance:I did hear it was suppose to be in the single digits this coming week.I'm so glad we got my carstarter fixed today.No more cold buns:).My DH can't wait to see 24 tomorrow night.
JoanC:Actually I think the girl on Scrubs is called Elliot.Well its a good thing DGD looks all girl just in case.You must have done quite the workout the other day.My glutes and legs are sore from using the elliptical all week.
Hi to Josie.~Linny`

Back again,
No Linny sad to say it wasn't much of a wo. I tried to increase my speed a little bit. The fastest I went was 3mph with no incline.

I got PUB in between stuffing envelopes. I'm not even done yet.

Either I used heavier weights or it's been a long time between wo or both. I'm really starting to get sore.
Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.