Pentagenarians and Beyond W/B 2/8

Hi Ladies,

Today is my rest day. Tomorrow I will be running 3 miles before my spinning class and the same on Sunday. I ran 3.75 miles last night an felt great.

Deb, I made reservations at our favorite place also and had to take the 5:30 which is a bit early since we re planning to go dancing after and my DH does not want to get to The Conga Room until 10:30. I migh be to tired at that time from waiting, I like to get to the club early.

I noticed that I wrote down marathong. I will not be running in a thong any time soon, my thong days are over.

Joan, Linny and Garance are you ladies doing anything special for Valentines?

Josie

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Joan--

This morning I did AOS Providence (50 min.).

When I got home yesterday, DH was busy putting up a bar for me for pullups and chinups and doing some other things on his "Honey-Do" list. What a sweetie. Of course I can't do either, but I can suspend my tubing and do the substitution, and I just ordered some woody bands for assisted pullups and pushups from Ironwoody.com. Hope that works!

Deb, I just don't have a wall to even try those squats, so I just do the squats without. I do try to stick out my leg on the first ones, and try to do some light dumbbells on the second.

DH and I are headed over to the Dance Flurry tomorrow for some dancing followed by the Mexican restaurant we went to last year that was so good.

On the sleep issue: Glamour magazine put some women on a "sleep-diet" where they were required to get 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night instead of the 4-6 they were all getting. They ALL lost weight, and one of them lost 15 lbs.

I like the idea of a marathong, Josie. I envision you on a Johnny Jump-up, bouncing away the calories.

Hi ladies,

No work out today. I was happy to see I used heavier weights on disc 4.

I may have to do disc 5 and 6 on Sunday.

We went out to our usual place tonight. Unfortunately I used Valentine day as an excuse to eat lasagna. It was very good but not on my diet. ( The 1 1/2 Long Island wasn't on diet either.) I haven't had one in a few weeks. Dh came home with dozen roses also. No candy.:( or:)? I would love it but I'm sure I don't need it.

Linny I've only lost 10lbs the 26lbs is the plan.

Deb brain tumor lady is married.

Joan

Happy Valentines Day!

Good Morning!

Happy Valentines Day to all! I plan on relaxing today, no committments so it should be a good day. I may try to get in disk 3 of STS, but maybe not. I tried to get reservations at another restaurant for tonight, but they had no room, so DH and I might just go to our favorite Mexican restaurant and give up on the "romantic" dinner idea.

Josie, I am not sure if I ate at 5:30, and had to wait until 10:30 to go dancing that I would make it! I would be asleep by then...:rolleyes:

Garance, & Joan, did yo see the Cathe TV videos showing different ways to sub things in STS? I really thought that was a great idea. I have the over the door tubing that she showed, which is what I used for P90x pull ups etc.

Garance, if only I could sleep 7 1/2 hours a night! That would be wonderful, even without the weight loss! For me to get up at 4:15, I try to get to bed by 8:30-9:00 which drives DH crazy as it is. My body just does not let me get a good nights sleep, even if I am not planning on getting up. Yay for dancing and Mexican food!

Joan, you need to have something that you like every once in a while or you start to resent the life style and binge...NIce that your DH gave you flowers, I got candy because there are so many flowers here from people sending them last week. I give you a lot of credit if you can do 2 of those disks in the same day! :eek:

Linny, I hope you are doing something fun this weekend!

Take care,

Hi Deb, Josie, Garance and Linny,

Only work today except for hour break when Elliot came to see Pappa, dh.
She had seen him before her nap while he painted her new room. When she woke up she had to see him again.

Taking short break now before getting back to work.

Deb we'll see if I can do 2 discs. It may be wishful thinking. I'll probably work 3-4 more hours then sleep until noon. We have Elliot over night tomorrow. Probably try to wo after she goes to sleep at 7:00.

Hope everyone had good valentines day.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.