PEEPsters!!!

elliemom

Cathlete
Good Morning Peeps

I am soooooo excited today. Gayle(banslug) is coming with her boys to stay at my house for the weekend!!! Tomorrow is the tri-state luncheon and Monday is the torture class. My DH is away (as usual) and my boys will be sooooo thrilled to have friends visit.

Jerry and Phyllis- see you tomorrow!!!

Hope all Peeps have a great day. I'll BBL for a check in

ellie

Ellie...

I'll bbl but wanted to let you know that it is so great of you to host Gayle and her kids, you'll have a great time with them today...just make sure you have plenty of extra fuses on hand...Gayle will know what I mean.

See you tomorrow!

Guten Saturday Morgen, Peeps!

Insomnia bit me again last night...was up from 1:45 to at least 3AM. Did catch a cute episode of Mad About You during this time, however...I slept in until 7:20AM and am sooooooooo tired right now. I will try to squeeze in something when Houdini goes down for a nap this afternoon.

Last night I did do 4DS LIS and Stretch Max with the band.

Ellie--What a fun weekend you have lined up! Enjoy it and laugh a lot!!

Jerry--I can hardly wait to watch the Cowboys implode on "Football Night In America" tomorrow. How often will the camera flip between Romo and TO? TONS. Oh, well, at least Purdue is doing awesome in basketball this year so I can focus my fan energies on that instead, LOL!

:) Wendy

Good morning! I feel as if I'm hijacking your thread!

Ellie and Jerry, I am excited for tomorrow as well! Ellie, what time is Gayle arriving at your house? Do you have plans for this evening?

I've been doing Cathe's December rotation with some kettlebell stuff thrown in. I'm loving the shorter workouts although it makes me feel a little lazy.
The jury is still out for me regarding KBs. Although I enjoy the moves, I have some wrist and forearm discomfort.Do you think this is something I need to work through?

Wendy, I am sorry about your insomnia. I think a nap is in orer!

I'm SO jealous!

I wanna go stay at Ellie's house with Gayle and kids (I can't even believe I said that about kids :rolleyes:), have lunch with Phyllis, Jerry, and any other Peeps who are attending (even maybe Cathe)! and I SO want to go to Cathe's gym and be tortured by the best of the best! :p

Wendy: I am truly feeling your pain from lack of sleep... I'm only partly awake, up at 3:45 this morning with a wet puppy nose in my face flipping my hand... It's very windy here in Vegas today so she is sorta freaked with all the noises, creeks, and flutters...

Guess tomorrow it will be Vilma, Wendy, JJ, Karin, Heather and me!

will BBL later when I wake up!

Last edited:
Hi Peepsters!

My upper back and quads are already sore from last night's workout. I don't think that I will be able to squeeze any workout in today. I have been running around all morning and have a get together to go to tonight plus some more errands. We are trying to get everything done today because it is going to be a high of 18 tomorrow with snow and we don't want to go outside.

I was going to stop at Target for some stuff, but I turned in the parking lot and turned around. The parking lot was full and I can't even imagine what it was like inside. I decided that I didn't need new lip gloss that badly :D

Ellie and Jerry
- have fun at the Deptford mall. That's my old stomping ground. I worked there when I was in high school. I hope you guys have a great time.

Wendy - that's great that you got a workout in last night. I haven't tried any of the cardio workouts from 4DS but have done some of the weights. I like it so far. What's on your agenda for today?

Hi to Dani, Heather and JJ. I hope you wonderful ladies have a wonderful day.

OK, so Houdini when down for a nap and I cleaned the kitchen...then went down for a nap, too. I do not see a workout in my future today. :( BUT I'm so tired I should sleep well and be up for a good workout tomorrow, right? RIGHT!

Karin--Today's agenda included: getting my haircut and doing a little browsing at an outdoor mall. Janie & Jack (upscale children's clothing store) had a great sale--25 percent off the total purchase, including sale items! I got Houdini's entire Christmas Eve outfit: a tartan plaid skirt in gray/black/red, a cream cardigan with little townhouses across the bottom in red/gray/black, and a cream long-sleeved shirt with a knit heart in red/gray on it. Prior to the sale, the sweater was $48 (!!), the skirt $34, and the shirt $28. I got everything today for $47. Great deal!!!

Houdini had a craft playdate today--the mom hosting had the kids imprint their hands into salt dough for ornaments. Except Houdini's hand was bigger than all the other kids and didn't fit into any of the cookie cutter shapes, so hers is kind of a half-print, LOL. (That's what you get when you have a tall kiddo, ha.)

Hope everyone else is having a great Saturday! I'll be cleaning the house tonight for our Swedish cookie & kringle playdate tomorrow...so we'll just say I did "Hide the Crap! Clean Max" as today's workout. LOL!

:) Wendy

Wendy - we had the same day. No surprise since we really operate on the same wavelength :D. I got my haircut and went to the famous outdoor shopping street in Boulder, called Pearl Street. I was planning on looking for other people but nothing really caught my eye and I ended up just getting myself a really nice pair of gloves to replace the ones that I lost last year :rolleyes:

Have fun cleaning and at the play date tomorrow.

Hello, Peeps. I just wanted to pop back in to say "hello" to you gals.

As you'll see from my signature, I'm training for a 1/2m. It'll be my first, and I don't exactly know what I'm doing. Since I'm in Africa, I don't have a great support network, so I'm leaning on my Cathe friends. I decided to join the Cheetah thread since most folks over there have run MULITPLE 1/2s and even full marathons. It had been my intention to keep up with both check-ins, but I'm finding it hard to do that. So, since I need the help, I'm going with the Cheetah thread for now.

You all are great, and I'm glad that I got to know you. I'm sad not to check in with you, but I'll look forward to seeing you around the forums. And feel free to pop me a pm to say 'hi.' I may even pop back in to lurk here from time to time--I'm not sure how I'll manage without hearing the latest escapades of Houdini! :D

Blessings, and see you around!

Hi Laura! Not to speak for anyone else, but I know that personals can get tedious sometimes... I'm sure we wouldn't mind if you just dropped in from time to time and gave us an update on how you are doing and how your training is going without personals. I know that the Cheetah thread has some wonderful people they are very knowledgable about running. We will miss you on a daily basis, but understand that sometimes you gotta go where the info is :)

Take care & check in when you can! :)

oh, and lurking from you on the Peeps thread is absolutely allowed! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.