PEEPMAX

Good morning Peeps! Ugh, what a morning. The last couple of days I have been short on sleep, which is making me short on energy. I just did not have it in me to do a full workout, so I did a segment of 30 Day Shred. Short and to the point. Not necessarily what I would have liked to do, but definitely much better than nothing!

My holiday get togethers are over, thank goodness. Yesterday I actually did quite well in the eating department, all things considered. I had one plate of food that was not piled up...I only took what I really like. Then, for dessert, I had one cookie, 2 small squares of fudge, and 1 mini chocolate covered pretzel. Definitely better than previous years!

And Jerry, we didn't even get to the Outback until 7pm on Saturday and then had a 45 minute wait to eat. We normally eat around 6pm and I was so tired that the steak (as delicious as it sounded) would have been too heavy for me at that time. The grilled shrimp were awesome, though.

I am so thankful I do not have to work today! Today I have to play catch-up on all the things I normally do over the weekend that I didn't have a chance to do.

Karin - feel better, okay? When are you flying home? Hopefully you'll be feeling better by the time you have to fly.

No time for more personals right now, maybe later. Have a great day everyone!

Thanks for getting us started, Jill...I'll let you slide on the Outback situation this once, don't let it happen again!!

I had planned on KPC today, but I'm in the mood for something new...Low Impact Circuit, it'll be my first time with this, of course I'll have to find another form of cardio in place of the step, but that won't be a problem for me, it's something I'm used to.

I've actually had 2 servings of fruit already today!! Slowly but surely making my way back to the land of the healthy, next week beggining my Weight watchers journey, I am looking forward to the challenge!

BBL with LIC results!

Morning Jill, Jerry and all the Peeps:

I just wanted to pop in quickly to say HI. Hope all the peeps starting their circuit rotation have a great workout. I'm going to give Newport a try today:eek:

BBL

JJ

Mornin' Peeps!

IT'S A NEW DAY!!!

I can't wait! eating oatmeal right now and have already had 1 bottle of water! YEAH! Baby steps...

Well, I'll be doing SOMETHING tonite... maybe BC with Wendy or something like that...

it's a monday after a 4 day weekend so I'm swamped but wanted to say HI!

BBL for personals!

Guten Morgen, Peeps!

I did Boot Camp!! Yea!!!! I feel like I'm totally off to a good start for the week!!!

Jill--You did very well with the sweets last night! Bravo!

JJ--I laughed when I read about the secret Italian spaghetti sauce recipe. :) OK, I'll keep looking for the perfect sauce, LOL! Have fun with the kettlebells today!!

Jerry--Tell me what you think about LIC! I just got that a few weeks ago and haven't tried it yet...And wow, the Eagles SCHOOLED the Cowboys yesterday!!!!! As one radio talk show host said this morning, "It was flabbergasting how laid back the Cowboys were yesterday." I saw ZERO passion. It was like they were on a walk-through!!! People are pretty fired up about that today...

Dani--YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!! A bowl of oatmeal and bottle of water is a perfect start to your day. Whooooooooooo!

:) Wendy

JJ--I laughed when I read about the secret Italian spaghetti sauce recipe. :) OK, I'll keep looking for the perfect sauce, LOL! Have fun with the kettlebells today!!

Thanks for understanding Wendy! It's kinda like the Bush's Baked Bean thing;) (Gee, I hope you've seen those commercials so this makes sense, LOL)

JJ

Thanks for understanding Wendy! It's kinda like the Bush's Baked Bean thing;) (Gee, I hope you've seen those commercials so this makes sense, LOL)

JJ

Nope, I *totally* understand that! And I've seen the Bush's Beans commercial so I get it, ha ha! :) I've tried a Giada one, but, eh, wasn't super impressed with it. I did a Sophia Loren one, but I think it had too much olive oil. I might tinker with that one and try again. It's a simple thing, but hard thing to perfect! I also saw one in my Food Network magazine that might be a contender, too. I'll give you a progress report after I try them out!!

Hi PEEPS

WORKOUT IS DONE!!!!
I have to admit it was very hard to do one after getting back from the shore. But I didn't want to get off on the wrong foot. I did Stepworks (killer).
After packing the car, cleaning the house, unpacking the car and putting everything away, I am BEAT!!!!

I LOVE going to the shore in the off season because it is soooo quiet. And normally we go for the week between Christmas and New Years, but we cut it short this year for other obligations. Which I will tell you about later in my DH rant!!!!

Karin- I hope you feel better!!! All that running around doesn't help either. I think that's why mine lasted sooooo long a few months ago. Get some rest

Dani- I am doing the happy dance!!!! Great start for you!! You CAN do this. I was not so great on diet this weekend or today, but I am ready!!

Wendy- I LOVE to clean. It's one of my best stress managers. Drives my DH nuts but it calms me down!!! Oh and organizing, Woo Hoo, that makes me the happiest!! I'd love to try the pot roast if you don't mind!! What the heck happened in that game. I even watched it and I know nothing about sports

Jerry- WAITING to hear about LIC. I love that workout. Did you see that game??? All I could think about was you and Wendy!! What were the astronomical odds that the Eagles would make the playoff????

Jill- What is 30 day shred??? I need to shed a lot in 30 days!!! I'm glad all your events went well and glad it's over for you!!! I was sooooo done with it by this weekend, but I have 2 more to go.Well that's what DH thinks. You'll have to wait for my DH rant.

Don't worry Peeps, my DH rant is coming soon.

Hi to Phyllis and Heather and Gayle and all Peeps who follow.
ellie

Ellie--OK, that's it. I'm paying for you to come to Dallas and teach me, oh wise one, how to organize and clean efficiently!!!!!!!!!! I'll teach you how to cook as the trade off!! LOL!

Here's the pot roast I make. Now I like some flavor so I add about a tablespoon of Italian Seasoning to it. Or you could add about 3/4 cup red wine, too (suggested on the boards--I haven't tried that yet so no guarantee on how that would turn out.) I also like to chop up a few celery sticks and put that in, too...

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipeId=2324

Oh! I also made chicken meatballs last night and served them with parmesean risotto and steamed broccoli. But I can't remember if your kiddos had any food allergies. (This uses romano cheese to make them really moist.) But I had Houdini help me mix it, then I rolled them (your kids could help do that for a project) and we baked them at 350 for 30 minutes. You could use them in spaghetti, I just decided to serve them a different way. But super easy and fast! If you want that one, I'll post it, too...

Oh! I also made chicken meatballs last night and served them with parmesean risotto and steamed broccoli. But I can't remember if your kiddos had any food allergies. (This uses romano cheese to make them really moist.) But I had Houdini help me mix it, then I rolled them (your kids could help do that for a project) and we baked them at 350 for 30 minutes. You could use them in spaghetti, I just decided to serve them a different way. But super easy and fast! If you want that one, I'll post it, too...

Ok, I WANT THAT ONE!!! I will be needing 1001 ways to cook chicken if I'm going to be able to do this "eating transformation"!

just popped in to snoop... BBL! Promise...

Oh, Caesar Salad with Grilled chicken for lunch and WATER, no diet soda! so far so good today!

ETA: Ellie, I'll pay you to come to Vegas too!!! I HATE to clean and my organizational skills are NILL, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH!!! MIA... shall I go on?

Wendy and Dani- I'm on my way!!!!

Just brew me some hot coffee and off I go. I LOVE doing it. My friends and neighbors once confessed that they invite me to parties because they know I will clean up!!!! Well, hopefully I am invited for my sparkling personality too!!

Couple of easy hints.

1. Start small. Don't go ripping the whole house apart and think you'll get it all put back. Because you just make a bigger mess and then end up screaming. TRUST ME on this one.

2. Buy some cheap plastic folders and label them. Bills, recipes, projects, exercise etc. And everytime something comes in the house put it in one of those files!!!

3. Open your mail over the trash can (after you call and stop all the junk mail) If you KNOW you aren't getting to the mall in time for that sale or don't need another calender. THROW IT OUT (preferably in the recycle bin)

4. Organize your VERY IMPORTANT FILES. Make one for will, bank acct #'s, vital papers etc.

5. Get a cheap basket. Shoes go in as soon as you come in the door. Hang up your coat right away and put your purse away. Totally decreases the clutter immediately.

6. Get rid of all those little pieces of paper with phone "'s and addresses. Just bite the bullet and write them in your phone book. Much easier to find when you need it.

I could go on and on and on and on. But there's just a little teaser for you.

When my boys get home from school, the uniforms go in the laundry room, the shoes in the basket, the backpacks on their hooks and wala... we can play and have fun!!!!

Good Luck
Now send me some cooking tips and recipes
ellie

Ellie: I'm printing your post and taping it to my fridge! I'll have to defer to the Cooking Goddess (aka Wendy - and JJ apparently) for the recipes and cooking tips... :eek: I'm absolutely awful at cooking!

BUT... if you ever wanted to make a quilt, knit, crochet, cardmaking, or general crafting... I'm your girl!

CRAP! I should be working... why can't I stay away from here!

Ellie, 30 Day Shred is from Jillian Michaels. You can check it out at http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-7963. It's got 3 20-minute circuits...3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. It's not my favorite (neither is she) and I find her cardio a bit boring (jump rope, jacks, etc) and jarring on my joints (I use my mini tramp whenever I do that one) but it is short and effective. I don't feel like I've missed out on a workout even though it's only 20 minutes. It's a good one to do on days like today where the only other option for me would be to do nothing.

Well, Peeps, Merry Christmas to me! I just put some $$ into my checking account and this evening I am going to order BC/ME and Drill Max! Sooo excited! I think for my other circuit this week I'm going to do LIC as I will actually have the time to do it in its entirety. Right now it's going to be a stretch for me to work out 5 days in a row, so I'm doing

M-Circuit
T-Cardio
W-Total Body Weights
R-Cardio
F-Circuit
S-Yoga

This way, if I can't do anything on Saturday, it's yoga that I'm missing and not a circuit or something.

Great hints on cleaning, by the way. I have gotten some of my cleaning habits from flylady.net. I did much better when I wasn't working but since I did start work, it's all gone by the wayside :eek:

I'll have to defer to the Cooking Goddess (aka Wendy - and JJ apparently) for the recipes and cooking tips... :eek: I'm absolutely awful at cooking!

Oh Dani.....You are being far too kind to me:confused: I wish I could cook like Wendy. She is the true cooking goddess in peepdom. I wanted to high five you for starting your clean eating BEFORE the new year. I gotta get thru new years eve then its time to get serious. At least until Jan 22 when I go to AZ with a bunch of girlfriends for 4 days of nonstop eating, drinking and laughing.:eek:

Ellie~ Great tips. I'm kinda anal about organization too. However, in the last few years, I quit cleaning my kids room (they are 21 & 17:confused:) and it just kills me that they can live with such chaos and mess. Dirty clothes on the floor, papers everywhere etc... OK deep breath...relax:confused: I just gotta learn to let it go.

Wendy~ Chicken meatballs sound yummy. I rarely see ground chicken in the store. Do you ask the butcher to do it and is it all breast meat?

Karin~ How are you doing? Hope you are feeling better. Will you be home soon?

Jill~ You have made some great dvd choices! I love drillmax. Let us know what you think after you've done them.

Anyone hear from Heather? I haven't seen her here lately. I hope everything is OK.

Well, I'm off to do some power reading. I've got 3 books from the library on short loan and I need to finish them. Have a good night.

JJ

Quick check-in. I am still feeling lousy and from all my talking and socializing I have almost lost my voice, which gets me out of the later activities for tonight! Woohoo! I am resting my voice and watching BBC TV shows. We are leaving tomorrow for Colorado. Our flight should be in Denver by around 6 pm so we won't get in too late or leave too early. I am ready to sleep in my own bed.

I can't wait to do a proper check-in on Wednesday!

Hi Peeps...

as promised, I'm checking in for Personals:

Workout done... did KPC and I just about died! but it is done!

Jill: LOVE the DVD's you got! Those are both in my megar collection! I agree about Jillian's 30 day shred.. I rented it from Netflix before I got my Cathe DVD's and didn't like them much at all... she is just not my style I guess... she tries to be encouraging but it just seems fake to me...

Jerry: How'd you do today? Good job on the fruit... I did OK until my office chronies broke out the peanut brittle! :eek:

JJ: LOL about the "secret recipe"! LOL, especially it was only recently that you were graced with the pinches and dashes yourself... apparently mom was guarding it from even you! :) glad you were able to make it work! Sounds Yummy! Your trip to AZ sounds fun too! My BBF lives in Tempe and I made the mistake of going there once in late August... I thought Vegas was HOT in the summer... it was monsoon season and it was Miserable!!!

Wendy: will be anxiously awaiting the chicken balls recipe... oops... that didn't sound as yummy when you put it that way! LOL!

Karin: I hope you will have a smooth, safe trip home! I'm like you and can't wait to sleep in my own bed after being gone for so long!

Ellie: I'm serious! you MUST come to Vegas! I NEED you!!! LOL! I'll even buy the gourmet coffee, whatever it takes! just think about it!

That goes for the rest of our Peeps!!! any time you are in the vicinity, please do let me know! :)

Heather: where are ya girl??? you have been MIA for awhile now.. .hope everything is OK! Check in even if it is just to say "HI - I'm OK!"

Phyllis: Hope you are doing well, too! did you get to start your circuit rotation with us today?

Have a lovely evening... I'm off to do more research! Someone posted an Amy Bentos workout that I'm gonna try to find more info and maybe a clip or two on...

chao!

I did LIC tonight, my back issues may prevent me from doing this one again. Some of the weight work was enjoyable, but my balance is terrible due to my spinal stenosis, I simply can't put myself in a position to possibly injure myself. Better safe than sorry. At least I got a great sweat in!! I'm going to have to re-think the rotation I had planned, and maybe go with more traditional weight work and cardio on alternate days, and mix in my circuits like Boot Camp from time to time.

Oh well...no biggie, I should have done my homework on this one a little more than I did.

Have a great night, and NEXT Monday, I start my new, safer, rotation!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.