Peakfit Challenge

Pippadog1

Cathlete
Hi all

So I thought I was fit. I usually do Cathe and can lift heavy weights, however I did cardio strength 1 today from the challenge and stuck to 5lbs. I feel half dead lol. Wow that is some tough workout. I thought I might try the rotation as the musics great and I like the look of it. I've done the fit test and that wasn't too bad. The strength dvd looks good, but the band is tough. Has anyone else here tried this workout set?

The only thing that worries me is the form of me lifting heavy weights doing the moves. I'll try it for a week and see what happens. I followed it up with KCM Stretching section from her Athletic conditioning dvd.

My DH looked at the tv screen, looked at me and said I thought you were supposed to follow the people on the workout lol. I looked like a jibbering wreak lol. Hopefully it will get easier.

Laura

You sound like I was when I tried Dream Body Cardio Series LOL! Holy smokes that's a doozy too. The 2nd time you do it it'll seem a bit easier since you know the moves better. I've never done Michelle's as I too was a little worried about form with the weights.
Have fun!

You sound like I was when I tried Dream Body Cardio Series LOL! Holy smokes that's a doozy too. The 2nd time you do it it'll seem a bit easier since you know the moves better. I've never done Michelle's as I too was a little worried about form with the weights.
Have fun!
Don't want to hijack this thread, but I do have a question. What did you Think of Dream Body, Jamie? Would you recommend it? It moves at a pretty good clip, your thoughts?

And, don't feel bad, Laura. Michelle always kicks my butt!

Don't want to hijack this thread, but I do have a question. What did you Think of Dream Body, Jamie? Would you recommend it? It moves at a pretty good clip, your thoughts?

Hi Karen,
The 1st time I did the dream body dvds I was shocked - I actually think it's comparable to Insanity for the 1st half of each DVD as you just keep going and try not to take a break - I was on my knees almost sobbing one morning LOL! I think it's so hard because you hold hand weights almost the entire time. The toning half is really good for all the DVD's in the set so it's nice to calm down after the cardio portion. So I guess it's really metabolic in that sense. Now that I've done each one twice I'm not in such a state of shock and I just go at my pace with my own music now so I don't feel defeated when I need to stop for a few extra breaths. I bought the set when Mary had it on sale as the daily deal. There is a modifier in each workout as well, I like using my sliding discs and bender ball as well.
If you don't mind "frantic"-as this set has been described, then I think you'd like it. I love the Batta Barre one....
Jamie

Last edited:
Hi Pippadog! Michelles workouts are NO JOKE!!! Stick with it and go lighter if needed. You don't want to injure yourself. I don't have "the system" but I have a bunch that I bought individually. Kind of wish I bought the whole kit. She gives a valid and challenging workout that you will feel. Good for you! Don't stop!

I just notice this thread. I just came off 6 months of heavy lifting/hiit and decided to change things up. My summer is all about metabolic/high rep stuff. I got out my peak fit challenge stuff out that I haven't used in years. Michele pushes my body in a different way so lets say I'm getting a shock value and a plateau fat blaster out of the peak 10 workouts. I have the whole system and the cardio/weight workouts really you can't get to heavy the most I've used is a 15lb but most of the time a 12lb or 10lb. Which sounds very light compared to my 40lb I was just using with a cathe weight workouts. The program will not give you big muscle but man you will feel tight that's the only way I can describe how I'm feeling all over. I've done a week and half with no doms but I'm feeling my muscle and body movement different. I feel more pulled in and my abs just feel drawn it more. My dh even said my waist feels smaller.

When did the Pure Strength 1 with a 15, 12 and my black very thick band used for assisted pull ups. It was a great workout burned about 400 calories (I only weight 125) so that's a good calorie burn for me.

The peak 10 to me are all more of a metabolic workouts so I would advice not going to heavy for your body. I promise if all you pick up is a couple of 10lbs after the hour workout you still feel workout

This week so far I've done Pure strength 1, Cardio Interval, Cardio Weight More ( which is not part of the set and can be purchase separate), Pure Cardio and tonight I've Cardio weight Remix (another one purchase separate. , Saturday is the stretch/core.

I plan on using all my peak 10 stuff for a few weeks then substituting Michele's pure strength stuff for a cathe total body day.

I just got my Peak Fit set in the mail a few days ago then I got a head cold/sore throat and I'm feeling drained. Not the time to dive into these workouts yet! I will be starting these as soon as I'm feeling a bit more energetic!

You have all convinced me to try something new. I like her workouts, but sometimes she seems a little out of control, in terms of form (which I'm a stickler about) so I haven't tried her in a few years. Hoping it's a good, and hard/fun, as you all say.

Have fun!
I'm with you, Jamie, on form. I'm ordering this one too and will compare. If Michelle lets me down I'll send her back. You're knowledge is amazing!

Last edited:
Go lighter on the weights until you're familiar with the moves! These wkouts move fast. I hope you like them. I think they're great. I feel strong and lean when done, like Cafelatte said! Have fun.

So, is Peakfit Challenge different from Michelle's other, stand-alone DVDs? Or does Peakfit include some of her DVD workouts that can be purchased separately? It sounds like a great program but I already own most of her stand-alone DVDs and definitely don't want to waste my money re-buying the same ones.

So, is Peakfit Challenge different from Michelle's other, stand-alone DVDs? Or does Peakfit include some of her DVD workouts that can be purchased separately? It sounds like a great program but I already own most of her stand-alone DVDs and definitely don't want to waste my money re-buying the same ones.

If you have the Cardio Interval More and Cardio weight more, the Cardio Weight Remix stuff yes those are all similar. The original set has 2 Pure Strength and 1 called Pure Cardio that is less intense then the cardio interval stuff.

I think if you used the ones above and threw in a total weight workout and a core/stretch routine you would replicate the original set.

the ones mention above are different from the original set but the same type of workouts

As for weight lifting form she uses the weights more like a metabolic circuit and also uses them like Kettlebells which would not be consider proper form for a typical dumbbell. This is why you just don't go that heavy. She does some unique stuff but nothing I found uncomfortable or dangerous. I'm not the most coordinated person my family calls me a klutz but I have no problem with her stuff.

Just go in to the workout knowing that the weights are not muscle building hypertrophy type stuff think more along FlexTrain, Supersets, Crossfire type stuff. There is toning/cardio affect even with the Pure Strength workouts.

I would advise pre watch before doing the workouts. She moves fast but I don't think any of it to complicated. I'll start out with a high weight of 15 and by the end its down to 10 LOL. She really wears you down in a good way

I love these workouts now cause its my moods. I haven't picked them up 2 years. . Its all about my fitness mood. I'm loving them now but after a few weeks I will put them away again.. I'm always changing up.

I plan on getting out my Body Pump/Combat and doing those next.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.