P90X January Starters, Tuesday!!!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Xers! I almost forgot to start the thread again! LOL

CLASSIC/PHASE 3/WEEK 9/DAY 2

Angie: ^5's, congrats, etc on the completion of the X and the AWESOME results!!!! When was your last work out?? I guess I missed it while I was away? Are you sure you won't consider posting one before and one after pic?? Sounds like you have lots to be proud of and it would be great to see real life results! I understand if you are not comfortable but I have to ask. :)

So after my marathon work out y'day of C&B/ARX and a 40 min TM run I felt completely beat up! I took 2 ibuprofen and relaxed on the couch for a while. By the time I went to bed I was still tired but not so achey.

Today is my extra leg day. I had been doing a circuit but I am opting out of that for today as I will already be getting 3 cardios in this week. I think that's enough. I am contemplating L&G today. YEOW!}(

I am going to go back to the step class tomorrow. I hope I don't fall on my tush again!:7 So far I have not been charged for last month by the gym but I am not going to quit the classes just yet. I want to be SURE so I am going to wait another month I think.

Off to get another cup of coffee....BBL!:)

Good morning!!!!

Okay, I have a confession x( . I didn't exercise for the last few days and yesterday when I had decided to get back on track I picked up the X and I just couldn't do it. So, instead I'm back to Cathe, at least for a while.

I had thought about doing Fitness Freak's January rotation after the X and that's where I started. I don't know if I'll continue it, but I knew that I had to get back to exercise and maybe I was just tired of doing the same ole' thing. It really was like a breath of fresh air to me. If I continue with this rotation, I'm going to substitute Cathe's back with Tony's which I feel are definitely more effective.

I feel slightly disappointed in myself that I couldn't keep up with this rotation but I try to remember that I did do 60 days of it. I've been eating a ton and what I keep reading on this and videofitness forum is that the X is definitely not for weight loss. At least that will be my excuse for now. I started seriously counting points yesterday (I always count in my head but now I'm writing down every morsel and we know how those morsels add up) because I really have to clean up this eating.

Anyway, I'd like to continue to check in with you girls and I do plan to go back to Tony at some time in the future. I think I needed a Cathe fix. :) And I probably needed a change of pace. Plus I weighed myself and I'm up 3-4 lbs. I know, I know - the scale isn't everything but my pants are tight!!!

So to report on my workout. I did every last exercise in Chest and Triceps. I heavied my weights (that's something that Tony definitely gave me) and did a great job. I was sweating like crazy. x( I already feel DOMS like I haven't felt in two months. I don't know why that is. I definitely feel it more with Cathe.

Okay, have a great day. I know you won't fall on your tush again Wendy. You didn't tell us about your weekend yet. Did you walk away a winner? The few times I've been down there I hardly gambled. I go for everything else that AC has to offer.

Congratulations Angie on your success story. You have so much to be proud of!!!!! I think I read 14 lbs. and all kinds of inches. You go girl!!! What are you doing now? My guess is (with those kind of results) that you plan on doing the X again soon.

Nancy

:) :)

Hey Nancy - don't sweat it, girl - things happen and we are entitled to change our minds.;-) The fact that you are doing 'something' is great. You can't stop your workouts ;-) but you sure can change things up, no harm in that!

Wendy - You wonder woman! Great workouts! Be careful at step class, those steps can jump right out at you ;-)

Today I have Back&Biceps, ARX - can't wait! }(

I haven't measured yet, but I'm wearing pants today that I haven't been able to wear in ONE YEAR AT LEAST :+ :7 :+ :7 HAPPY DANCE.....

Marcia

Good Morning Nancy.

Trust me girl. I will be the LAST one to berate you for stopping short of completing a rotation! I have tried several times to complete rotations of Cathe's or of my own, etc. Until now I think I have completed ONE Cathe and one Fitness Freak rotation and I have tried to complete SEVERAL!!! I am totally amazed at how well I am following the X BUT remember that I am also changing things up to make it work for me which in turn allows for some more variety. This helps alot I am sure! :)

So what is your plan of attack Nancy? Are you doing anything in particular now that you are reuniting with Cathe or just taking it one day at a time?

Thanks girls. I feel better already!!! ;-)

I'll be following Fitness Freak's January rotation for now. It's alot like the format of the X which I don't know is a good thing or not. But...I have all of the workouts so my plan is to stick with that one.

I have NEVER followed a rotation before the X mostly because I don't have so many of the workouts. The X did teach me something - to have a plan. Normally, I would stand in front of my DVDs until something jumped out at me. I just would pay attention not to work the same muscles two days in a row. I liked knowing what I was doing and didn't have to waste time deciding when I was doing the X so I think that I'll "mostly" following rotations from now on.

I'll be back alot today. The kids in my school are having standardized tests today so everything is really quiet around here. Yayyyyyy!!!!!!!!

Nancy

So as far as my weekend goes....

I did not win. I was up and down but essentially came home broke! LOL The Howie Mandell show was AWESOME! His opening act was even a crack up! I got drunk over lunch on Saturday afternoon. I was drinking kettle one and cranbury and they were going down soooo easy! YUMMO!:9 }( My friend and I haven't had much of a chance to hang out or even talk lately so we spent a lot of time just hangin' out over food/drink and yapping away. It was a great weekend!:)

I just found out that her and a few other girls I am friendly with want to take me back down to A/C for the weekend in the beginning of May to celebrate my B'day! WOOH! I am sooo there!}(

Nancy - That's exactly what I used to do before the "X", too. :7 LOL I opened up my cabinet and looked at all of them until one jumped out, too. Too funny! ;-)

Marcia.

Morning ladies ..
{Phase 3 - Week 10 - day 2 .. my version classic)

Wendy .. sounds like you had an awesome weekend .. yayaya!

Marcia .. AWESOME results!! way to go ... huge numbers .. mine are not going to be nearly as impressive .. think I have gained in my arms and chest .. and waist is probably the same if not bigger (seems to be thicker) .. and my hips I lost .. but sine I added in some more leg/weight stuff I think I am where I need to be now .. BUT my eating is NOT clean .. and I have splurged probably more than any of you ... ssoooooooo????

Nancy .. I think you need some kudos for following the program for 60 days .. that is a huge accomplishment for someone who never has followed a rotation (like me) .. but like Wendy .. I have taken the basic classic rotation and added my own thing to it .. so I have not followed the X to the T either .. and for me I think that is the only way I could stick with it .. I have never followed a rotation and have always varied my routine .. I get bored easily! BUT DO CHECK in with us .. keep posting to this thread so we can touch base ..

Angie .. WOO HOO .. no greater feeling than getting into pants you have not been able to in a while {{did that sound dirty .. lol}}
}(

Diana .. think you are on the same week as me .. only TWO more weeks .. WOW .. hard to beleive!

Well .. work messed me up yesterday w/my workout .. so all I did was my circuit class last night .. and today I am in another office filling in .. man this working thing is interfering w/my workouts .. LOL .. BUT .. I brought my hand weights .. and if I can't manage to get the DVD and do it .. I brought my book and will do the tricep and shoulder workout by the book if I must at lunch .. LOL .. I am going to have to get someone to sub for me tonight in my fitness class .. b/c I am in another town .. #%#$^#$^@$

Ok .. will check in later with all of you .. have a great day .. and great workouts ... (workout for me too please):7

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did Imax 3 instead of plyo x. I don't know what has happened to my motivation but I am simply tired of this rotation. I will finish as I cannot bear to be so close to the end to quit. I definitely have more upper body definition than before, but my legs are still big and I am missing cardio. I try to add in several Cathe cardios or get to the gym a few times per week. Oh, I should have measured this weekend but I was so busy I forgot. I'll try to get that done some time this week. I am looking at doing Fitness Freaks endurance rotation when I'm done with the X.

Wendy-so glad you had such a wonderful weekend with your friend.

Nancy-You are not alone. I sub in Cathe whenever I can. As long as you are doing something that is great. 60 days is quite an accomplishment in my book.

Marcia-way to go girl:) :) You should be very proud of yourself!!!

Angie-Wow, it sounds like the X has given you great results!! Your determination and effort has paid off for you. Great Job and thanks for sharing your results with us.

Poochy-I though I had 3 more weeks, hope your right and it's only 2:)

Have a great day ladies,

Diana

I'm gettin' ready to tackle L&G but I just wanted to pop in to say howdy and to tell everyone how friggin' SORE my upper body is from C&B y'day! YEOWZERS!}( :+ }(

It may be long and may get boring at times but holy cr@p does the X work!!!!:D :D :D

I think it is safe to say that I will continue to use these work outs in SOME capacity in the future! I LOVE IT!:)

Diana -

<<<Poochy-I though I had 3 more weeks, hope your right and it's only 2>>>

i know I am week 10 .. last week started over with the chest and back (push up torture tape).. and shoulders and arms .. could not believe how much stronger I was this round ..

this week it is back to the tricep, chest shoulder ..

I thought we started the same week .. and if so only TWO more weeks!! YYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA for us .. LOL:D

and BTW .. how soon I forgot how dang hard the tricep thing was .. I will be hurting again tomorrow .. think this is why X works .. is because by the time you get used to doing one thing .. then you do another working the same muscle but w/different angles ....

think I will always use this in my workouts from now on .. but like all of you I am so ready for the end .. and it is just around the corner!! I see it .. it is in sight!!! :7

Hey Everybody!!!

Only two more weeks for some of you!!! Congratulations!!

I just started a huge pot of Lentil Soup (it's freezing here today) and I'm going up to do KPC. The rotation calls for Body Max 2 (or cardio of choice) which I don't have so I hope I'm picking the right workout.

My eating has been great for two days now, lol. I did indulge in l/2 of a bagel this morning with Lox. Skipped the cream cheese though. Saved my oatmeal (which I had made at home) for tomorrow. It's bad at work - always something to celebrate.

I wish I was done with Legs and Glutes right now, Wendy. I feel so tired. This cold weather is doing a number on me. I can't wait for Spring!!!! :)

Nancy

I just finished B&B, not a bad one at all }( I'm enjoying a protein shake and the joy of being done for the night. ;-)

Marcia

Hi all

Gosh I can't wait until I get my laptop!!!! It takes so long to get things done when you can't multitask.:( Do you all go back and read the late posts from the previous days or am I writing notes to the cyber gods?:7 LOL

Wendy - If I looked like Cindy Crawford, then I would post pics but I am not there yet. LOL:) I'm sure my hubby would like that for his birthday though - eh maybe - his B-day is April 26th. LOL! Sounds like you had lots of fun on your weekend - you were missed:) You didn't suffer from a hangover I hope. Since I don't drink that often I usually suffer the next day because I'm such a lightweight. I have found though, that it helps a lot to chug a bottle of water between drinks. I spend lots more time in the ladies room but I do feel better the next day.

Nancy - Don't Tony and Cathe make a great pair?:eek: You know what I mean... Just remember, Tony isn't going anywhere! Lots of people sub in Cathe and do just fine with it. I have been doing the new Cathes since finishing and it's such a relief! And NO - I will not be doing the X anytime soon! I am in such Cathe withdrawls that I'm sure it will be a while before I do just the X again. Some folks do it once a year. After I get my new Cathes in, I'll be blending the two together probably without yoga!:D To be able to learn something from a rotation is a huge step forward. Tony taught me a lot too and I am sooo grateful for that. This program also got me over my denial on my eating. Hopefully I can clean that up for good but it's an everyday struggle. It sure does help to post and chat though doesn't it? You all are like therapy;)

Marcia - congrats on the skinny pants! I'm so glad this is working well for you. It's worth every penny isn't it??

Laura - I think you got me and Marcia mixed up.:p Wow - you sound so darn busy. You brought hand weights with you?? You are one dedicated girl. As a bonus, if someone ticks you off at work you have something good to clobber them with - and burn calories too!!}(

Diana - I had the exact same mindset as you toward the end. I was sooo missing Cathe but I just felt that I had to carry it out until the end. I just wanted to get those post P90X pics done! It's quite a relief to have it over and to be able to pick out some workouts that you really missed over the coarse of the X.

I did LIC today! What fun. The cardio part was pretty easy. It was some of the muscle moves that got me - which really surprised me after the X. The part where they take a 20# barbell and then add the band - I'm thinking your kidding me right????}( I had to lighten the barbell and forget the band on that move. The straddle push ups were killer too - didn't finish all of them and the slow count push ups - I had to go back to my knees again. So, needless to say, Cathe put me in my place. Just when I had this all figured out.....

Where do you all find fitness freaks rotations? Does anyone suggest one in particular?

BBT

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.