P90X Jan. starters .. Monday

Poochy

Cathlete
Hey ..

sorry I have been away .. I work for a utility company and we have been swamped .. storm damage and restoration ..

I live about 45 min. from Enterprise, AL .. which you probably know was devestated by a tornado .. 8 kids died in the highschool there. SO SAD .. and so many heart wrenching stories of heroism and tragedy!

There was so much widespread damage .. just horrible .. we got lucky .. damage all around us .. but we are fine .. and no structural damage at all .. thank God ..

So my exercise has gotten - once again - screwed up .. I did manage to fit P90X legs in Sat. .. and I am so freaking sore from it .. LOL .. think I really overdid it on my left thigh .. LOL .. I am limping .. LOL ..

Did nothing Friday or Sunday .. so I took 2 rest days last week ..

.. today is Chest, shoulder, and triceps!! then tonigth if I can move my legs is circuit class ..

Nancy .. I too did partake in many adult beverages this weekend .. and in a lot of food .. Friday was a nightmare at work and I really needed to wind down .. and I did .. LOL!!!

OK ... read back and just Nancy and Angie were on the boards .. where are you Wendy .. you are always posting first..??

Better run .. gotta play catch up here at work .. hope all of you have a wonderful day .. and great workouts!:7

Hey Everybody -

Laura, I'm glad that you're OK. What a sad story that is. You never know from one moment to the next........

Yeah, I enjoyed my weekend and will now get back on track. In theory, I should still be in my recovery week as I skipped a few days but I'm just going to go on and start Phase III this evening.

Okay, have a great day! Wendy, you must have had some weekend, lol!!!

Nancy:)

Hi Everyone,

My weekend was very busy but I managed to do LIC cardio only premix on Saturday. Sunday was a day off. This morning I did Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Other than all the pushups, I do like this workout. My wrists were hurting after the chair dips though:(
I weighed in today and was up 1.4 pounds. That's what happens when I miss a meeting. I'm back on track today!

Laura-thankfully you are safe. I can't imagine actually seeing all the damage first hand.

Nancy-good luck with phase 3! My motivation is up and down almost daily. Some days I really love P90X and other days I just can't wait to be done with it.

Wendy-are you back yet???

It must be a Monday since everyone is late checking it!

Happy Monday,

Diana

Hi gals!

LOL,I'm here...got back yesterday! Sorry I didn't start the thread this morning! I must be slipping!:eek: Actually I got some bizarre motivation to wash the kitchen floor and do some vacuuming early this morning so that got me off the PC before I had a chance to start this thread. I also was very much lacking in the motivation to work out and that will in turn create lack of motivation to post in any check-ins. I'm sure you gals know what I mean!:p

Anywhooo, I forced it and feel great now. Chest and Back and ARX is DONE and I am infact on my way in 2 seconds to the gym for a run as well!:+

Hope all are doing well! I'll be back later for personals and a short blurb about my weekend!:)

Glad your back, Wendy!!!

Okay, heading upstairs to workout right now!!!!! I don't know what's on tap for the first day of Phase III but I'll soon find out.

I started counting points again today. I'll be the first one in history to gain 10 lbs. on the X if I don't get on the bandwagon soon. I'm not measuring in between these two phases as I don't want to be disappointed and hence quit the whole thing.

I'll be back to read about your weekend, lol. I hope you had a great time!!!!

Nancy

Nancy: Hope counting points works for you :) I hear ya about getting back on the bandwagon!

I had a bit of a hiatus myself the last two weeks -went skiing, came back - we bought an elliptical (so i have been doing that for about four days straight) and then had guests in town for the weekend due to a friends wedding, so

TONIGHT I AM going back to Phase TWO/Recovery Week :)and back to my diet!

Hi all!

Still don't have my laptop yet:-( Hopefully in a couple of days, so it takes me forever to get down in the basement and get on the computer. I think Dell has a class action lawsuit pending against them about these darn laptops, so maybe I might get my laptop replaced after all. Sounds too good to be true, but I'm waiting to see if I hear anything further.

Laura - glad to hear you are OK. I was a little worried when you didn't post over the weekend. Bummer you had to work but I'll bet lots of people are grateful that you did.

Nancy - Phase 3!! You go! I like not having the recovery week in the third phase, but I found that I really started to miss Cathe terribly in this phase. Hang in there:)

Diana - I know what you mean with the motivation. Some days it just isn't there. That's where the routine becomes my best friend. I just know if I didn't have my rountine, I would not exercise everyday.

Wendy - so glad you're back. I'll bet you had a great time. Can't wait to hear about it.

Guess what? Today I did B&G! I have Cathe back!!;-) My hip flexors and butt are sore already}( During the floor work I was muttering some very unflattering words. Hope Cathe didn't take it personally but OMG - and I don't even wear the ankle weights and can't do them all. What are her legs made of anyways???:7

I was very happy with my ending P90X stats. I lost 2 inches in my hips;) 2 inches from my chest:eek: 3.5 inches from my waist:) The arms and thighs stayed pretty much the same but both have much more definition than before. I also can't believe the before and after pics. BIG difference!! I'm so scared of losing my gains but I have decided to do a full week of new Cathes and then do a Cathe/P90X rotation. I'll keep checking in to let you know how it goes....

Good night all

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.