P90X Jan/Feb starters/grads - Tuesday

angie_nrs

Cathlete
Hello all -

I have been seriously eyeing the cardio coach package that's on sale and it ends tomorrow. I haven't entered in my credit card info. yet, but I'll bet that I will before the end of the day. It looks like I'll have to order push play seperately as it is not included in the package, but it looks like everything else is included.

Wendy - what was the previous sale at CC that you missed out on? It wasn't the same one I presume?

Just fishing to get your opinions on this before I take the plunge.

This week is P90X week for me. I did C&B yesterday with ARX and I have either YogaX or Legs&Back on tap for today. Depends on what I feel like when I get my butt down to the basement. I haven't done yoga in a long time. I'm giving blood today so I'm gonna have to do the other workout tomorrow that I don't do today. I think an arm workout tomorrow would be a bad idea.:eek:

I'll check back later - have a great day girls

Angie

Morning Ladies!!

Angie .. I love ALL the cardio coaches .. think #6 w/Sean and push play are my favorite of all .. Push Play being tops!! you gotta get it!

Wendy .. you will do fine on your PT test ..

Diana - I love to run but could never join a club .. I am too competitive .. :) ... would have loved to join a class like Wendy .. that would "teach" you the proper way to make gains in your endurance.

Angie and Nancy .. I learned the proper way to train by studying on the net and reading runners world .. LOTS of info on training. The best way to build up to running is what Wendy said a while back .. about starting out w/walking .. add a minute of running .. then gradually decrease the walking and increase the running. For me it worked .. and even now I will run intervals .. feel I get so much more out of it .. (cardio coach is a good interval program to walk/run/sprint) .. it builds speed and stride .. and makes you stronger to take on a long non stop run!

Angie .. on the hips .. if you keep your hips under and slightly tucked you should not have a problem .. remember to belly breath and don't hold your abdomen in .. doing that makes your rear end poke out and you will feel it in your hips!

OK .. have legs on tap for the gym at lunch .. then I tonight's class will be 1/2 cardio kickboxing and 1/2 core torture! YIKES!

have a great day .. and great sweaty workouts!!:7

will check back later ..

Hi ladies,

This morning called for low impact step premix. I did Lowmax since I don't have that workout. I hope to run at lunch if it doesn't rain. I'm even thinking of adding BBC Butt & Legs tonight if I have time. So many workouts...so little time:)

Angie-I can't believe your still doing P90X. I haven't been able to bring myself to do any of those workouts since I finished the 90 days -although plyox comes to mind a lot but I haven't done it. I started the May rotation the middle of last week.

Laura-honestly Laura, with all the workouts you already do I don't where you would find the time to fit in running. The running club encourage a little competition amongst us to keep us motivated and striving to be better, faster etc. I had a great time with them, especially the long runs. We would run anywhere from an hour up to 3 1/2 hours and the marathoners ran 20 miles. It was nice to have company on those days!

Wendy-you must be busy with your practicals. Keep up the pace and you will have PT certification in no time. Then you can spread your knowledge to all of us in need!

I know Marcia said she would be busy, but what happened to Nancy and Cathy?

Hope you all have great workouts today.

Diana

Angie: There had been a sale on the downloads only at CC that I had missed. So what work out did you decide on today?

Laura: You are one tough chick! You work out more then I do!!!! Some would say that impossible! LOL Actually, the folks who think I am obsessive and work out too much are the ones that don't do ANYTHING so I pay no attention!;) You keep going if you enjoy it! :)

Diana: Butt and Leg torture tonight? Sounds like great fun!}( I haven't done any video taping for my exam yet today and may not have the time for it after all. I called about an extension though so hopefully I won't have any worries and won't have to rush if I don't want to. :) Nancy has been stopping by. Marcia was MIA due to personal issues for a few days but has shown back up at the Cheetah check in so I'm sure she'll pop back in here soon too.

My work out is done: Spin class/6 mins abs express/15 chin ups/6 mins abs express repeated. }( I did the 6 min abs 2x b/c my original plan was ARX and I wussed out of it! LOL :p I like the 6 min routine though. Debbie is pretty thorough in just a short period of time and I DEFINATELY felt it!:D

Hey, ladies~
Sorry I’ve dropped off lately ~ keeping up with two check-ins has been kind of challenging lately. A couple of days I just didn’t see the thread.

Anywho,

Angie :: what workout did you wind up doing? I just received some new power yoga tapes, so I plan to sub them later in the week when I get to YogaX.

Laura :: how’s the insane asylum these days? :) I’m not really crazy about the idea of training with other people, either…not for any competitive aspect but just because I feel it’s too distracting – I’ll have a tendency to talk, and then I don’t feel like I’ve really worked as hard as I could.

Diana :: an ambitious workout plan today! Did you get to it all?

Wendy :: hope the extension is granted for the videos.

I am supposed to tackle C&B + ARX in a bit, but I find myself at the point in Phase 3 where I am seriously craving VARIETY. I ordered the Squeeze workout and am tempted to do that one today even though it’s a full body w/out and is so vastly different from the X. Should I do C&B as planned? If I depart from it, am I gonna foul up my X success?? Thoughts?

Have a great night!
~Cathy :)

Cathy ... <<<<I am supposed to tackle C&B + ARX in a bit, but I find myself at the point in Phase 3 where I am seriously craving VARIETY. I ordered the Squeeze workout and am tempted to do that one today even though it’s a full body w/out and is so vastly different from the X. Should I do C&B as planned? If I depart from it, am I gonna foul up my X success?? Thoughts>>>>

I don't think you will foul up your X success .. but I would stick to the x if you can .. especially the weights that work the specific muscles .. maybe sub on the cardio .. or yoga .. or Kenpo .. but the weights really push you at the end .. and I am just so danged stubborn I MEANT I was gonna finish it .. I would try to stick to the weighted parts .. sub on the rest for some variety! or add in a different workout but don't skip the weights!!

Wendy .. thanks .. I am SO not obsessive about it .. and funny no one really has called me that .. been that way for so long they actually worry when I skip a day or two..ask me what is wrong with me .. (I love my fun days and eat pretty much what I want... don't obsess with anything other than the health of my family and babies)

LOL ... and the X has taught me how valuable those rest days are . . the only thing is when I rest I am usually busy .. or going out .. or indulging .. so my rest day ends up being a rest and cheat day .. LOL!!! :7

I think since the X and BBC I actually have a healthier exercise program than before!! Before was mostly high impact cardio and light weight work .. and my heavier weight work was saved for maybe 2 or 3 time in the gym (20 minutes top) .. now I feel more balanced!!! My body is thanking me now .. and I KNOW my joints are!~!! LOL

:7

Well I just got back from my noon run. I just wasn't feelin' it today so it ended up being a run/walk/run day instead. Only 40 minutes but I did burn 307 cals.

Cathy-I agree with Laura, stick to the X weights. Change the cardio or yoga, you can use other instructors but I recommend you stick to the X weights. Oh, I'm not normally an evening exerciser but I am going to try to do BBC Butt & Legs tonight. Between making dinner, doing laundry, checking homework etc...I hope to fit my workout in.

Laura-Rest days are just as important as workout day. I once heard that you reap the benefits of your workouts by resting your body.

Diana

Hi again

Yoga X is history.}( I wanted to get it out of the way for the week. I'm usually crunched for time of Wednesdays, so I thought I'd save legs for tomorrow.

Laura - Thanks for the tip on running with bad hips. I'll have to keep that in mind when I start a program. Rest day - cheat day - arent' they all the same??;-)

Diana - I'll take your rain! We need it so badly. Wow - 2 workouts down and a third one planned? You go girl!:)
I just can't get enough of Tony. I've had compliments from someone last week that said "you look so fit". I'm sure it is because of Tony and I soooo badly want to get even more buff so I'm still doing the weights at least 2-3 times per week. It does get a bit boring, but hey, it works.;-)

Cathy - Glad you're back! Wooohooo on phase 3! The last phase is so hard to stay with, but stick it out and you will be so proud of yourself. I didn't sub anything, but lots of people did and still got good results as long as you keep the weight work the same.
Come back and let us know about the squeeze workouts.

Nancy - I'm missin ya!!:(

OK - I'm off to order my mothers day present. I have dug out my plastic and now I need to go and see Sean. I have a friend who would be interested in these workouts and if I get the CD's, at least I can share with her.:) ;-)

Nighty night all

Angie

Hey girls!!

Angie - I'm here, browsing, lol!!

I did S&H bi's and tri's this evening. I haven't touched this workout in a while. I hope my arms remind me tomorrow. I did two rounds of abs too! Feeling good...

I did better with my eating today but it's really been lousy. Way too many celebrations!

I know all of you are doing great with your workouts. I always wish I had half the stamina. Thanks for all of the info on running. I have to look into it..........if I ever get the stamina, lol.

I'll be back tomorrow!!!

Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.