p90x doubles, lean or classic

lulubell

Cathlete
I would love everyone's input on which one gives the best results. I have done phase 1 of p90x a while back classic with about 30 min cardio 3x/wk from the beginning with good results but stopped because of many reasons. I am ready to start back from beginning of phase 1 but neeeeeed results big time...put on the #'s for many reasons but must get them off!!!!!!! I feel like crap amd need to feel like myself again.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Aggie

I did the classic rotation and got AWESOME results as did many folks around here.

The lean rotation seems "off balance" to me so I'll never do it. JMHO.

Doubles is too much IMO. I can't work out 2+ hours per day 5 days per week for 8 weeks regardless of the work outs being done morning and night. I would hit a wall and fail, guaranteed!

Good luck with your rotation! I am doing CLX right now but intend to do another X classic rotation when I am done! :)

Another vote for the Classic, I've done it 3 times so far. I just started a P90X+ rotation this week, but will do the Classic again once I take a break after this rotation. Enjoy:p

I have had P90X+ for ages and haven't completed a rotation yet. When I first got it I started one but only got 3 weeks into it before my exercise ADD caught hold and I was off doing something else! LOL

Thanks for all the input....looks like I will do classic and throw in a couple of runs here and there when I can.

Aggie

I'm a little more than half way through the program - LEAN. I'm considering switching to CLASSIC. There seem to be more favorable comments on CLASSIC.

Now that the weather is getting nicer, I can add my walk/runs in the park for more Cardio.

I'd recommend either the Classic or the Doubles (if you feel the need for more cardio), but not the Lean, as it is unbalanced (some muscle groups are given short shrift each week).

I have had P90X+ for ages and haven't completed a rotation yet. When I first got it I started one but only got 3 weeks into it before my exercise ADD caught hold and I was off doing something else! LOL

Me, too!!! I just seem to stick with a routine for too long...I am trying with STS :)

nspire,

Maybe if you contact one of the coaches at BEACHBODY (online) they might be able to help you out.
(rather than dealing with customer service).

Here is the classic rotation:

Week 1, 2, 3, 9 and 11:

day 1: Chest and Back / Ab-X

day 2: Plyo

day 3: Shoulders and Arms / Ab-X

day 4: Yoga

day 5: Legs and Back / Ab-X

day 6: Kenpo

day 7: rest or X-Stretch

Weeks 5, 6, 7, 10 and 12

day 1: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps / Ab-X

day 2: Plyo

day 3: Back and Biceps / Ab-X

day 4: Yoga

day 5: Legs and Back / Ab-X

day 6: Kenpo

Weeks 4, 8 and 13 (recovery weeks)

day 1: Yoga

day 2: Core Synergistics

day 3: Kenpo

day 4: X-Stretch

day 5: Core Synergistics

day 6: Yoga

I started with Lean a couple times, but never finish any rotation. By 2nd month, it is so hard to get motivated. Whenever, I ran into my period time, I fell off the wagon. I was so surprised that I could stick to STS so far. I only missed one day, but I did it the next day. So I did not miss any work out. I am going to be in my 3 week of Meso 2 tomorrow. STS all different discs just keeps me going. As soon as I past my period week, I am all new again. So I guess the different discs kept me there.

I really want to finish one, at least one rotation of P90X. I am thinking after I finish my 3 and 1/2 STS, I will do P90X. Hopefully, this time, with STS foundation, I can carry thru the who 9 yards. I will do Classic this time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.