Ovulation kits?

We used the pee on a stick kind for two months after a few months of ttc with no luck. We were pregnant after the second month of using them. We used the cheap Answer brand. Is this what you meant?

Yes, that is what I meant - thank you!

My period finally came back yesterday (it's been since May 07) so I was curious to see if I can/do in fact ovulate during this next month.

Has anyone tried them, and what kind of results did you have? TIA!

I used both the generic CVS brand, as well as the digital Clearblue easy brand (not the expensive one, but the one that gives you a smiley face).
I was pregnant the first month I used it! Turns out I just needed to learn when I was ovulating, and I'm FAR too lazy and impatient to track with FAM. :)

I bought some ovulation sticks offline and was about to use them when I found out I was preggo with DS#2 ha. So I never officially tried them out.

I used the ones I got from "Dollar Tree". The one time the stick showed two red lines is the month I got pregnant.

Kathy

I'm so encouraged to hear about how quickly the ovulation trackers resulted in pregnancy! I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but hopefully I'll have good news to share after this month!!:D

I used the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor. It worked pretty well. It let me know that I was having problems ovulating. Because it didn't work for me, I let a co-worker use it (after she cleared out my information) and she got pregnant right away.

hth,

Skyy

Its great so many people had good luck but I want to also prepare you for the other side. I didn't have a set cycle so I wasted countless ovulation sticks with no sign of ovulation. 2 months though after reading taking charge of your fertility and tracking temps and fertility signs I was pregnant with #1. I ovulated on day 28 of my cycle that month which would have resulted in an over 40 day cycle. I would have wasted quite a few ovulation kits.

So I've been using the Answer brand pee stick kit that has 20 sticks in it (you can start it the day after you finish your period). I've read the directions several times...and it says it's positive if the "test" and "control" lines are the same color OR if the "test" line is darker than the "control" line.

Anyway...I must be shade-blind or something because the two lines have looked the same color to me for the past 2-3 days!?! That can't be right, can it?

Now I'm worried that I'm not reading the strips right and that this will be a waste of time/money.

So for those of you that have used the pee stick ovulation trackers - is it CLEAR when you see a positive result?

Oh, I also read a book that said it's best to test your urine from 10AM - 8PM, but I've been doing it upon waking in the morning because I'm at work during the day. The box doesn't specifiy what time to test, just not to drink fluids 2 hours prior to testing.:confused:

Anyway...I must be shade-blind or something because the two lines have looked the same color to me for the past 2-3 days!?! That can't be right, can it?

So for those of you that have used the pee stick ovulation trackers - is it CLEAR when you see a positive result?

Sometimes....I've had months where it was undeniably clear and months just like the one you are describing. That's what makes those tests so maddening. I finally switched to the ClearBlue Easy Over-the-Counter Digital Test(not the super expensive $200 model..these are expensive but only around $30 for 7 tests) and they give you either a circle(negative) or a smiley face(positive.) In my opinion, they are sooo worth the money. Trying to interpret those lines was driving me insane. This is just unbelievably easier.

, I also read a book that said it's best to test your urine from 10AM - 8PM, but I've been doing it upon waking in the morning because I'm at work during the day. The box doesn't specifiy what time to test, just not to drink fluids 2 hours prior to testing.:confused:

My doctor has always said not to use the first morning urine for ovulation. She actually said around 11am is the best time. I usually test in the afternoon. I don't know if it really makes all that much difference and I'm sure plenty of people test first thing and the test works fine but if you feel too frustrated with inconclusive results you may think about trying to figure out a way to test. I test at work. I just stay in the stall for the 3 minutes.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.