Over 50 Tuesday 2/20/07

Josie

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Where is everyone? I had a great weekend taking care of my grandsone, but I was ready for him to go home yesterday. I
was so tired and my back hurts, but I miss him already. I went
spinning during lunch and plan to take a yoga class this evening.

I hope that every one is staying on track.

Josie

Hi Ladies,

Where is everyone? I had a great weekend taking care of my grandsone, but I was ready for him to go home yesterday. I
was so tired and my back hurts, but I miss him already. I went
spinning during lunch and plan to take a yoga class this evening.

I hope that every one is staying on track.

Josie

Hi Josie,
I'm back from being out of town for a family funeral. I've been gone a week and it feels like months.
It was a lost week for me.
I planned to run/walk and never could due to family duties
We arrived at 1:30am last night and are just getting back into a groove.
I need to plan a new workout schedule and get on a serious food plan.
Colleen

Hi Josie,
I'm back from being out of town for a family funeral. I've been gone a week and it feels like months.
It was a lost week for me.
I planned to run/walk and never could due to family duties
We arrived at 1:30am last night and are just getting back into a groove.
I need to plan a new workout schedule and get on a serious food plan.
Colleen

Hi Josie, Colleen and Mariah: Been busy last 2 days trying to get flight together for trip to CA in April.
Mariah: Sorry I hadn't got back about the no sugar and flour diet. That would be a tuffy for me, my husband likes homemade desserts and I do love to bake. But no snacking after a designated time may be of interest.
Josie: Sounds like you had fun with GS. I was hoping to have my GD sleep over tonite but she had a MD appt tomorrow.
Colleen: So sorry to hear of funeral. I pray things get better for you emotionally.~Linny~

as far as challenges go I think everyone has to decide what works and doesnt work for them

not eating after a certain time is bound to make a difference
in fact anything we do different, changes everything else, just a little bit
like a game of dominoes

I also try to plan my meals and not deviate and then just have 3 meals and one snack
not always possible but at least thats what i try for

I am on day 19 of exercise would be 20 but i did take one day rest

see you all tomorrow

Sorry gals for the delay in reporting in. I too had a funeral, young mid fifites cousin had a major stroke and passed away, very sudden, very sad.

Anyway, Thursday I didn't go to dance class but went home and did Viper and just about died. Mind you I had to take plenty of breaks but did okay.

Friday I did Drill Max for the first time and really died! Couldn't finish but did about 50 minutes worth.

Nothing on Sat and Sun.

Monday ran 3 miles, race-walked 1.
Tuesday race-walked with hubby for 2.5 miles.

Whew!

Tina

I'm glad to see all of you Ladies back! I will be spinning and doing my PP tape tonight. My eating has not been great lately, I need to get back on track with that.

Josie

Hi Ladies:
Tina sorry to hear of your cousin. only 50s, boy really makes you think how precious time is.
I did well in the exercise dept. today. Bodymax 2, the timesaver which is 62mins.
I'm hoping to lose at least 10pds by April, since I'll be going to California then.
I had organic frozen yogurt for snack tonight. Not to bad.~Linny~

Today did a mostly walking/some running 3 miles and abs. Yesterday did a TLP workout.
I won't get back to a real workout until the weekend.

Tomorrow plan to do a Cathe for the 1st time in a week and a half.

Tina. My BIL was in his mid 50's as well. He was exactly my age 53. I'm sorry to hear of your loss as well.

Colleen

Thank you Colleen, it was just a shock to everyone.

I did Kick Max last night or tired to, my energy level is just zapped. According to my polar, I only burned 350 calories but that is okay. I think knowing that I have to report in to you guys is what keeps me doing something.

Today is my Friday so I won't be checking back in until Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!

Tina:p

Thank you too Linny! I didn't read the other email just the last one. When are you coming to California and what City? I live in San Dimas, CA

Tina

A quick check in. I did a TLP functional fitness workout again today. So much stress in my family right now that I can't do a Cathe workout yet.
Food is getting better. Probably because I have to report in. :)

Have a great night.

Colleen

Colleen

I know what you mean about stressin the family
wow i wont go thwre
i have to skip exercise today also just got in its 1011 and still have to wash and dry my uniform for tomorrow eat dinner and get to bed

but glad to see many of us checking in
my food is fairly clean today and tomorrow will be better

Good Morning Ladies:
Yesterday was pretty good in the eating dept. didn't stray too much.
For exercise did kickmax and today I did Rhythmic Step.
Tina:I'm coming out to California in April and staying at Huntington Beach. Never been before,but it sounds beautiful out there.So I have about 6weeks to lose weight before trip. Have a great day everyone~Linny~

Good Morning Ladies,

Today is my day off. I plan to walk 3 miles tomorrow and go spinning on Sunday I will start running again and see how far I can go and maybe add a yoga class. I have been recuperating from a hamstring pull on my left leg and have not been able to run. I have set a goal to run the San Francisco Nike Womans Marathon in October and have to
start building up my mileage. I will not check in unitl Monday, so have a great weekend.

Linney, I live in Westchester, near the LA Airport. Huntinton Beach is beautiful. You will love it. Let me know if you are going to be in the Venice Beach area and maybe we can meet for coffee.

Josie

Hi all.

Today was an off day for me. A girl friend gave me good advise to be easy on my self right now.

So just TLP until after the weekend. They have been great for my posture I must admit.

Josie, I ran a few times the past few weeks and want to run a 10K. I did my first 5k last fall.

I'm very interested to know how you balance your workouts. I was doing Cathe one day and ran the next. I don't feel that my running really built up as it should and I sometimes felt over tired with a 6 day week of that.

My challange for March is how to make a balanced rotation for running. And to get up early in the morning to get it done.:)

No run tomorrow. 20 to 30 mile an hour winds and snow. Too bad. I love running in the snow.

Colleen up in Minneapolis:7

Hi Collene,

You should go to runnersworld.com and go to training tools.
There you can select a program for the race that you want
and they will give you a schedulet to follow.

What best training program that has worked for me while training for a marathon was the following:

M PUB and spinning sometimes
T run
W PLB and spinning sometimes
Th run
F ME
S easy run and yoga
Su long run

I try to run 4 days per week, but if I can't I substitue the run with spinning or the elliptical. The following weeks change the weight training tapes aroud so that you don't do the same ones M,W & F.

I hope this helps.

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.