Our decaying 50-year-old concrete pool... do we:

Our decaying 50-year-old concrete pool... do we:

• Total voters

delfin

Cathlete
We've been so wishy-washy about our wreck of a pool. We live in the NE, so we only get about 3 months' use out of it. Most of the year it's covered. It has peeling paint, cracks near the top, and tiles falling off. Yes, it's been a money pit. What to do??????

Actually, in New England a pool decreases the value of a home - too much upkeep for too short a time. I'd fill it in and make a nice patio area if you don't already have one - patio's are big right now (I watch a lot of HG t.v. :))

I'm in the southeast, and a pool decreases the value of your home here also!

I wouldn't have one. Too much work, upkeep, and danger to small children and animals. I'd fill it in!

If you will use it the renovate it.

We had a beautifully maintained gunnite ( cement) pool and we put our house up for sale last May. The first people who saw it bought it. And they told us it was because of our pool! It was worth every penny and we got our money back on it.

We live in upstate NY and our swimming season is short too, but we always opened our pool at the end of April and fully enjoyed how the yard looked so pretty with our spring flowers and an open pool.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.