Opinions re: Netflix

Anyone a subscriber? My sister was singing its praises today, and after looking on the website, they do appear to have tons of movies. Looking for positives and negatives in your experiences...

Hey Dynamo- Listen to your sister!!! It's the greatest thing EVER. Seriously! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Netflix. You'll never go back!!!

I got a free trial in the mail today. (No one can figure out that I'm in the same house as my husband, apparently.)

I'm posting the code thing because I have to think it's the same for hundreds of people who also got it in the mail!
www.netflix.com/specialoffer
Priority Code: FREERENTAL$4

I think you'll have to give a credit card number before you can actually get DVDs delivered, but I'm telling you: it's WONDERFUL!!

Happy Queing!

I vote a great big YES for Netflix! No late fees, convenient, and lots of movie choices. It's very inexpensive, too.
Just Do It! :)

I was in my friend's wedding over the weekend and her bridesmaid gift to me was 3 months of Netflix for free. One of the DVD's on my list is Alie McGraw's yoga and they have quite a few fitness DVD's. I think I'm really going to enjoy this and plan on watching a ton of movies over the next few months. I will also try out some other instructors for cross training purposes. I was just browsing over at Netflix before I came here and saw this post! My problem is we don't watch that many movies on a regular basis so after my free membership, I probably won't renew.
Angela:7

I've been a member for about 3 years, ever since a friend gave me a free trial. The service is quick and reasonably priced. They even have some fitness DVD's (though they are sometimes hard to find in the listings). So convenient.

When I became a member, the "3 at a time" program (which is what I have) was $19.95 a month. Then they announced a price increase (about a year ago?) to $24.95 a month. Then, just a couple of months later, I got a notice saying that because of customer complaints and feedback, they were reducing the price to $17.95 a month! LESS than what it was before the price increase! And they've added additional distribution centers, so the service is faster.

I like not having to think about going out to get a move, having access to movies that might not be available at my local video store (especially foreign films and obscure titles), and being able to return the DVD just by putting it in the mail (though for a faster delivery, I often will drop it at the P.O.)

I did it! Perhaps I should have waited for someone to post a negative, but you ladies were right. They have some really obscure movies that I haven't seen in a long time and which have not been at Blockbuster for a long time. Just the horror movie listings convinced me! And I'm starting guitar lessons on Monday, and they have tons of guitar tutorial vids, so I can learn to play like Nirvana or blues or whatever I want. Thanks for your feedback!

I think you would have been waiting a loooong time if you were waiting for a negative!

Enjoy!!!

I have been a member for about a month now and I LOVE it!!! Very easy and inexpensive. Where I live it takes about 2 days for movies to get to me and then get back to them, but with 2 or 3 movies at a time, you are never without something to watch.

The other great part, I think, is that when a movie comes that my DH wanted to see that I never in a million years care to watch, I can just put it right into the outgoing mail and reorder it, further down the queue!!

That sounds terrible, but I do the same things for movies I've put on the list. I was in the mood to watch it when I put it on there, but not when it arrived at my house!

My friend is constantly changing her password so her husband can't order movies like "Bridge on the River Kwai". He's always hacking into her queue. It cracks me up. (This was before they instituted the plan where you can have more than one list.)

Ah, the drama, mystery, and intrigue of the Netflix queue...

I love it!!! Especially in the winter when snow makes driving a pain. If I don't want to go out to rent/return a movie I don't have to. Not to mention they have a wonderful selection of classics which I love....and not many video stores have the room or revenue to support too many good old movies.

The other thing I will add is that in the past few years we have received several broken discs. I think the mail people cram too much into our box sometimes, but regardless, I simply send them back and we have never had a problem.

Love them!

Absolutely yes! You can't go wrong. It's so convenient. Since I've been a subscriber (about 6 mos), my DH and I have definitely cut down on our number of visits to the movie theaters. It's funny, B4 I logged on, I just made myself a note to go to NETFLIX to order new movies. You can't beat it, the return envelopes and the "return at your own convenience" policy is great. This is definitely "two thumbs up":)---Good luck,

Katrina

Ok, here's maybe a negagtive. I don't have the service, because I don't watch enough movies to make it economical. We watch maybe 1 movie a month, if that and only go to the theater a couple times a year.

That's exactly what my parents said until I wore them down. They got the lower-price option, where you can only have 4 a month and 2 at a time. I think it was like $9.99 a month when they signed up.

They love it, now.

Okay, but other than what IvoryGordon pointed out, I can't think of a negative at all!!! ;)

Wow, who knew this would be such a fertile topic? And that Netflix intrigue exists, but I can definitely see it happening. Just when my fiancee was encouraging me not to do it (and I went ahead anyway) he jumps on there and starts raving about how cool it is and exploring all the features. I love it when I'm right!

I absolutely LOVE Netflix -- I do have one SMALL negative complaint (very small!). Sometimes the new releases take a really long time to become available (depending on how popular they are!). Usually the Hollywood Video or Blockbuster becomes available before Neftlix does. Most of the time we don't care (because we will eventually see it!), but sometimes it is aggravating. They have GREAT customer service (if you have questions) and I have never had a problem with my deliveries.

It is so much better than having to drop off videos at the store (most of the time we would forget!). It is so much easier putting the DVDs in the mail! Go with Netflix!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.