Oooooh am I mad now!

Clarissa

Cathlete
I was planning on attending my 3-day AFAA workshop/personal training certification this weekend. I have been studying for almost 5 months now. I study religiously every single day! All day I was telling everyone - just one more day!! So, I get home today from work and they leave me a message "This is the AFAA; your workshop has been cancelled". Then they tell me there will be another one in a few months. I was planning on getting my certification and being up and running w/ my business by the holidays...now it is not possible. I am so upset. I mean, he didn't even say he would refund my money. I was so pumped about the test and so ready. Does this make sense? WOuld you be as bummed as I am??? :( Clarissa

Oh yeah, that is cruddy...

Sit down and take some time to formulate Plan B, and remember, it will all work out in the end!

I'm sorry about your set back but take it as a learning experience. When you go into business everything will not move smoothly. My suggestion is to call them back to see when the next workshop will be.

I'll get over it. I was just venting! Thanks for listening. I am just excited to get started! :)

Clarissa

Hi Clarissa,

Boy that really stinks. I know it would be an extra expense, but is it possible that you could just take another exam from a different organization ? Or does AFAA offer their exam only? I was recently ceritifed by NESTA and I know that you can order just the exam ( you have to take it at a proctored testing center). I just checked and the exam only is 179.00. Actually the entire course is 249.00 and they give you a 4 year certification. I am pretty sure most of the certification programs offer just the test, because I know that some trainers take multiple tests to have different PT certifications next to their name. Anyway, just an idea. I know each test might be different, but I would think that what you have already studied would help prepare you for most tests, no?

Anyway, best of luck to you. You'll get there, not to worry.

Clarissa,

I would be totally bummed too. I know that you can sometimes take the certification class in another location- where do you live? It may be worth it to drive a few miles to go to a class in another location. Visit the website - check and see where they are holding the class/certification and then call AFAA and see if you can go to that one instead. I know it is not as convenient as the one you initially signed up for, but you have major goals to meet :)

Go get em, girl!!!!!

Steph

I highly recommend sending them an angry email. It's good for them to know how you feel, and it's good for you to vent and get it out of your system.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.